LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-06, 09:37 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

harris wants to start next year dirk clean shaven now

Terry haunted, but free agency is ahead

Last shot haunts Terry, but he probably will cash in on Finals effort

11:41 PM CDT on Thursday, June 22, 2006

By CHUCK CARLTON / The Dallas Morning News

The past few nights have not been kind to Jason Terry.

The final 3-point attempt from Game 6 has haunted the Mavericks guard.

"Man, every two or three hours, I wake up and replay that last shot over and over in my mind, hoping it goes in," Terry said. "But it never goes in."
The immediate future might be better for Terry, an unrestricted free agent who averaged 18.9 points in the playoffs.

"God is going to work it out in the end," Terry said. "Wherever I wind up, it'll be good and I'll be thankful. Hopefully it will be in Dallas."

Terry, who was paid $6.6 million last season, said the Mavericks have made it clear they want him back. He says he has a good idea what will happen.

"The smile says it all," he said.

Bad taste: Josh Howard and Dirk Nowitzki also were bothered by how the season ended.

Nowitzki made a symbolic fresh start, cutting his beard and doing a major trim on his hair. "I was sitting home [Wednesday] disappointed ... and I had to do something," said Nowitzki, who said he would love a do-over on the three games in Miami. "It's a little sad that it throws a shadow over the whole season we had."

Said Howard, who shot 38.8 percent in the Finals: "I'm still upset about the whole situation, but you just have to get better. We got somewhere a lot of people didn't expect us to get to."

Josh Howard and a clean-shaven Dirk Nowitzki emptied their lockers at American Airlines Center.

His time: Point guard Devin Harris started 15 playoff games and would like to see that translate into next season. Asked if his time had come, Harris said: "I'm definitely hoping so. You can only be held back for so long."

Van Horn, Griffin up: Free agent Keith Van Horn repeated that he would like to return, even for less money. Adrian Griffin's contract also is up, which is nothing new for the undrafted seven-year veteran. "I've been a free agent all my career," Griffin said. "I'd love to be back here. But I understand how things go."

Briefly: Harris said he may visit Germany this summer. ... Jerry Stackhouse met the media with four blue stitches in his head, the result of a Dwyane Wade elbow in Game 6. ... Nowitzki said he will probably play for the German national team this summer. ... Terry will conduct a few summer camps in Dallas, including one at Lincoln High School.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...s.14f0e4a.html
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-23-06, 09:42 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks
"God is going to work it out in the end,"
Get AJ to have a word to him for you.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-23-06, 09:55 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Hmmm...controversy at PG or will they continue the 2 PG set?
Old 06-23-06, 10:16 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
You can only be held back for so long.
Sort of a weird thing for Harris to say. Things are working out nicely for him right now.

Quote:
Van Horn, Griffin up: Free agent Keith Van Horn repeated that he would like to return, even for less money.
Um, I think you'll be getting less money regardless, Keith.
Old 06-23-06, 10:19 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleo
Sort of a weird thing for Harris to say. Things are working out nicely for him right now.
I thought the same thing when I read that. Doesn't sound like someone who's content with his role.
Old 06-23-06, 10:24 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Ambition's not a bad thing, must think he can be really good.

Get yours today!!
Old 06-23-06, 10:26 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

^^^ True, but will that personal ambition begin to interfere with the team's goals? What if the Mavs re-sign Terry and feel that Harris on the bench is what's best for the team? Would Harris be cool with that? That quote by him makes me wonder.
Old 06-23-06, 10:41 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR
He seemed to be a cocky little sh!t on the floor, guess that translates to off the court as well.
Agreed hunded percent he is a little cocky POS. I disliked the dude before the spurs series. I have brought this up in the chatrooms a few times but I will never forget back in '04-'05 when the spurs were getting blown out by 30-40 points in Dallas that at one point Dirk and Nazr got into a confrontation you know they were both up in each other faces yelling. Then out of no where rat boy aka Harris comes out of nowhere and gives Nazr a little shove and then runs and hides behind a bunch of mav players. I can't stand guys who are fags like Harris. Hopefully with his POS attitude he will cause serious chemistry problems in the lockeroom for the mavs.
Old 06-23-06, 10:48 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSlicer
I can't stand guys who are fags like Harris.
Ozzie Guillen?? Is that you?
Old 06-23-06, 11:58 AM
Mr. Brightside

he'll be in a mavs jersey next year...
Old 06-23-06, 01:09 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Harris is VERY OVERRATED in my opinion. The whole "Future Tony Parker" references are over blown in my opinion. For a guy who was picked #5 in the draft, I think he is a bit of an underachiever in my opinion.
Old 06-23-06, 01:24 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpurInDallas
Harris is VERY OVERRATED in my opinion. The whole "Future Tony Parker" references are over blown in my opinion. For a guy who was picked #5 in the draft, I think he is a bit of an underachiever in my opinion.
CW: "Surely, you must be joking?"
SiD: "I'm not joking. And don't call me Shirley"
Old 06-23-06, 01:25 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I said that I can't see them keepin' their team together and some Mav troll came in and basically called me a retard. Terry doesn't seem dead-set on stayin'. I feel that if someone shows him the $$$$$, he walks. In turn, that jeopardizes the future of Harris. Lose-lose. I still say that was Dallas' best chance and they blew it.
Old 06-23-06, 01:26 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Might be true...but he definately broke out of his shell at the worst possible moment...
Old 06-23-06, 02:44 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Harris is being held back?
Old 06-23-06, 03:36 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Nowitzki made a symbolic fresh start, cutting his beard and doing a major trim on his hair. "I was sitting home [Wednesday] disappointed ... and I had to do something," said Nowitzki, who said he would love a do-over on the three games in Miami. "It's a little sad that it throws a shadow over the whole season we had."
I'm sure this is going to be the difference-maker next season. Mark my words, Dirk comes back clean shaven, and... sorry, I just couldn't keep a straight face.
Old 06-23-06, 04:19 PM
Official SR Home Builder

TBNL
Quote:
"Yeah....losing 4 straight games and going 0-4 in the 4th quarter of an elimination game, that tends to cast a shadow on things, Dirky-boy!
"Do-over"? Bwahahahaha!!!!"

Sincerely,
Stationary Bike
Old 06-23-06, 04:48 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Devin Harris averaged 9 pts and 2 assists in the playoffs, he also turned the ball over about as much as he gave assist. I also don't think he's that great of a player, I know he might have had some huge games, but he also stunk it up in others, and was very inconsistant. He did shoot 48% from the field, but he didn't hit one 3 pointer. Also the fact that nobody really knew what to expect of him, helped him look better then he really is. Its different when everyone knows what you like to do, they know your moves, and your weaknesses. So once teams start to figure out the things he likes to do, they will start shutting him down.

And yes for a 5th pick of the 1st round, he isn't impressing me much at all. I mean when you start to see the guys from that draft from that high, then Harris doesn't look so great after all.

2004 draft / career numbers
1 - Dwight Howard - 13.9 ppg; 11.3 rpg; 52.6% fg
2 - Okafur - 13.2 ppg; 10.7 rpg; 44% fg
3 - Gordon - 16 ppg; 2.5 apg; 41.7% fg
4 - Livingston(high school) - 6.3 ppg; 4.7 apg; 42.2% fg
5 - Harris - 7.5 ppg; 2.6 apg; 45% fg
6 - Childress - 10.1 ppg; 5.6 rpg; 1.8 apg; 50.6% fg
7 - Deng - 13.1 ppg; 6 rpg; 2 apg; 45.2% fg
8 - Araujo - 2.9 ppg; 3 rpg; 40.3% fg
9 - Iguodala - 10.7 ppg; 5.8 rpg; 3.1 apg; 1.7 spg; 49.7% fg

Now Harris isn't standing out too much from that list is he? There were much better players drafted behind him.
Old 06-23-06, 04:51 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Yeah, other than araujo who is worse than Darko, Harris doesn't stack up well on that list.
Old 06-23-06, 08:27 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Hey,
any chance we pick up adrian griffith he seems like the Spurs kind of player. Hard working quiet professional.

Quote:
Terry haunted, but free agency is ahead

Last shot haunts Terry, but he probably will cash in on Finals effort

11:41 PM CDT on Thursday, June 22, 2006

By CHUCK CARLTON / The Dallas Morning News

The past few nights have not been kind to Jason Terry.

The final 3-point attempt from Game 6 has haunted the Mavericks guard.

"Man, every two or three hours, I wake up and replay that last shot over and over in my mind, hoping it goes in," Terry said. "But it never goes in."
The immediate future might be better for Terry, an unrestricted free agent who averaged 18.9 points in the playoffs.

"God is going to work it out in the end," Terry said. "Wherever I wind up, it'll be good and I'll be thankful. Hopefully it will be in Dallas."

Terry, who was paid $6.6 million last season, said the Mavericks have made it clear they want him back. He says he has a good idea what will happen.

"The smile says it all," he said.

Bad taste: Josh Howard and Dirk Nowitzki also were bothered by how the season ended.

Said Howard, who shot 38.8 percent in the Finals: "I'm still upset about the whole situation, but you just have to get better. We got somewhere a lot of people didn't expect us to get to."

Josh Howard and a clean-shaven Dirk Nowitzki emptied their lockers at American Airlines Center.

His time: Point guard Devin Harris started 15 playoff games and would like to see that translate into next season. Asked if his time had come, Harris said: "I'm definitely hoping so. You can only be held back for so long."

Van Horn, Griffin up: Free agent Keith Van Horn repeated that he would like to return, even for less money. Adrian Griffin's contract also is up, which is nothing new for the undrafted seven-year veteran. "I've been a free agent all my career," Griffin said. "I'd love to be back here. But I understand how things go."

Briefly: Harris said he may visit Germany this summer. ... Jerry Stackhouse met the media with four blue stitches in his head, the result of a Dwyane Wade elbow in Game 6. ... Nowitzki said he will probably play for the German national team this summer. ... Terry will conduct a few summer camps in Dallas, including one at Lincoln High School.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...s.14f0e4a.html
Old 06-23-06, 08:48 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
He's no TP. If the refs weren't giving him every whistle for contact, he'd be in trouble because he doesn't have the inside moves that TP does.

On the other hand, he is a far superior defender. He's one of the few guys I've seen who has used his quickness to consistently cut off D-Free Throw-Wade's penetration by beating him to the spot. I just don't know why Tony can't seem to do the same.
Old 06-24-06, 10:17 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
...said Nowitzki, who said he would love a do-over on the three games in Miami.
A do-over on the 3 games? Doesn't a do-over usually mean a one-time thing, such as a do-over on 1 game? Kind of funny.