News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-22-06, 05:37 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Bruce Bowen Interview

KSAT 12 interviewd Bruce about the trade on the 5 pm news. He said that they know the NBA is a business and Rasho is a guy you keep in touch with even though he is no longer on the team. He will miss him.

On another station, Bruce said that he likes the Red Rocket and that he was pulling for the Heat. He was happy for a few members of the Heat staff. He was glad that dallas didn't win. His words were "I'm thrilled that dallas didn't win it. Oh, poor them. Being as they went through so much, you know, as far as adversity (insert Bruce rolling eyes and sarcastic tone here). Um, I'm saying too much now." Right on Bruce

I'm sure we'll probably see this in an article one day.

Another Spur heard from.
Old 06-22-06, 05:39 PM

BB played in Miami for awhile right?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-22-06, 05:43 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Bowen hated Riley and Riley hated him. But I guess the hate on the Mavs can make you forget everything else.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-22-06, 05:47 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinson50
Bowen hated Riley and Riley hated him. But I guess the hate on the Mavs can make you forget everything else.
Old 06-22-06, 05:48 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

another spur owning up to pulling for the heat.

Once upon a time, giants ruled the earth....
Old 06-22-06, 05:54 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I can't remember so much animosity for one team. I guess that's what you get when the owner and team complain so much.

Let's go Spurs!

Old 06-22-06, 06:07 PM
SpursReport Team Member

great sig JamesR!
Old 06-22-06, 06:12 PM
SpursReport Rookie

the spine of that dvd says champions, you might look into getting rid of that bc we know it will never happen.
Old 06-22-06, 06:28 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUspur
the spine of that dvd says champions, you might look into getting rid of that bc we know it will never happen.
Hopefully not in my lifetime.
Old 06-22-06, 06:30 PM
Mr. Brightside

i knew i always liked bruce...
Old 06-22-06, 08:14 PM
SpursReport Rookie

manu, barry, beno, oberto, bonner, jav, and scola. half of tony
wow we have way too many white people
Old 06-22-06, 08:29 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR
white people=championships.
in hockey, maybe
Old 06-22-06, 08:30 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousspirit
KSAT 12 interviewd Bruce about the trade on the 5 pm news. He said that they know the NBA is a business and Rasho is a guy you keep in touch with even though he is no longer on the team. He will miss him.

On another station, Bruce said that he likes the Red Rocket and that he was pulling for the Heat. He was happy for a few members of the Heat staff. He was glad that dallas didn't win. His words were "I'm thrilled that dallas didn't win it. Oh, poor them. Being as they went through so much, you know, as far as adversity (insert Bruce rolling eyes and sarcastic tone here). Um, I'm saying too much now." Right on Bruce

I'm sure we'll probably see this in an article one day.

Another Spur heard from.
Hmmm...the fact that Big Shot Rob and Bruce pulled for Miami tells you quite a bit. If they truly felt the Mavs did (and should) have won their series, they would have no problem pulling for them to win the whole thing. By them rooting against them speaks volumes...especially when they publically admit it.
Old 06-22-06, 08:38 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousspirit
His words were "I'm thrilled that dallas didn't win it. Oh, poor them. Being as they went through so much, you know, as far as adversity (insert Bruce rolling eyes and sarcastic tone here). Um, I'm saying too much now." Right on Bruce

Bruce is the man!
Old 06-22-06, 09:45 PM
MomBear

Well for those who missed it and have KABB-tv They are going to show Bruce ...
Old 06-22-06, 09:56 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinson50
Really? Do you have any documentation on that? I would think Riles would love a player like BB. BB is extremely similar to Michael Cooper who Riles coached in LA and who won DPOY.

Get yours today!!
Old 06-22-06, 10:23 PM
SpursReport Team Member

When Bruce came here Riles said he was one dimensinal and would never be more than an average player. His leaving Miami was on bad terms.
Old 06-22-06, 10:29 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Michael Cooper and him have extremely similar careers. Cooper was mediocre offensively too. Lakers used him for 5 rings you would think Riley would know that and how important a player like that is to your team. Coop was NBA DPOY in 1986-87.

Here's a link: http://www.basketballreference.com/p...lkid=COOPEMI01

Get yours today!!

Last edited by Quadzilla99; 06-22-06 at 10:32 PM.
Old 06-22-06, 10:50 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan in domerland 1
When Bruce came here Riles said he was one dimensinal and would never be more than an average player. His leaving Miami was on bad terms.
There was definitly hard feelings - at least for Bruce towards Riley. He was too nearsighted to see what Bruce could and would become, and too arrogant to think he could be wrong.
Old 06-22-06, 10:54 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Riley still helped develop Bruce's game. He took a raw athletic guy and helped shape him into a defensive stopper.
Old 06-22-06, 10:56 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Ah, first Horry now Bruce... too good
Old 06-23-06, 08:30 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadzilla99
Michael Cooper and him have extremely similar careers. Cooper was mediocre offensively too. Lakers used him for 5 rings you would think Riley would know that and how important a player like that is to your team. Coop was NBA DPOY in 1986-87.

Here's a link: http://www.basketballreference.com/p...lkid=COOPEMI01
Actually, I remember Coop VERY WELL. He was a better offensive player than Bowen. He had good range on his shot (though I think Bowen is a lil' more accurate from his spot) and his long arms helped him finish pretty well. I remember him throwin' it down on a few people over his career. As far as handlin' the ball, I think he and Bowen are pretty even.
Old 06-23-06, 12:53 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theman21
I think when Bowen said he was happy for some of the Heat organization, he meant the owner, assistance, etc....he purposely said some because he meant to exclude Riley. If you remember back when we picked up Bowen, Riley basically was the one who said Bowen wouldn't amount to anything because he couldn't hit a shot....boy was he wrong, Bowen not only is one of the best 3 point shooters, his FG shots were pretty reliable this season too.
Bruce is at the point where if he has an open jumpshot, 9/10 times I feel like he was gonna make it this past season. He's the only Spur I felt that way about .
Lest we forget, in the biggest NBA game of the last decade, the Spurs handled the Pistons in the type of game that Detroit is supposedly built for. In deciding games between San Antonio and Detroit, the Spurs are 1-0, and the Pistons are 0-1.