News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-22-06, 01:09 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Question

WHat do ya'll think of adding bobby jackson, since he doesnt want to be back in memphis? other than the fact hes 33 and semi injury prone hes a helluva of a player and while streaky he can light you pretty quickly and hes love the back up role and hes built like a bull.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-22-06, 01:10 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdm55
other than the fact hes 33 and semi injury prone
There's what kills it for me. In 2001, very interested. In 2006, not so much.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-22-06, 01:12 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Old 06-22-06, 01:12 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotes_geek
There's what kills it for me. In 2001, very interested. In 2006, not so much.
besides a speedy who else is out there for backup pg? atleast he wouldnt have been as bad as van exel...
Old 06-22-06, 01:13 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScolaOnTheWay
WTF? Actually nevermind. I'm sure its stupid as hell.

Get yours today!!

Last edited by Quadzilla99; 06-22-06 at 01:38 PM.
Old 06-22-06, 01:14 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

No. The deal would be for too long to make it worthwhile, plus he's always a risk to miss 50+ games a year.
Old 06-22-06, 01:15 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR
BENO UDRIH.

Jesus.

The guy has been solid for the bulk of his career. So he had a bad Finals against a defensive BEAST in Hunter?
well no ****.. i know beno im basing it off what the FO said, if they are looking for ANOTHER backup pg then who else is out there?
Old 06-22-06, 01:20 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Never, ever, trust what Pop says to the media.

Last year him and RC were gushing about the various SFs in the draft.

Then they take Mahinmi.

(just one example)
true...i know all about CIA pop and rc
Old 06-22-06, 01:35 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:

LOL , classic

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.
Old 06-22-06, 01:42 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdm55
WHat do ya'll think of adding bobby jackson, since he doesnt want to be back in memphis? other than the fact hes 33 and semi injury prone hes a helluva of a player and while streaky he can light you pretty quickly and hes love the back up role and hes built like a bull.
Give the Spurs history of not spending too much money on that backup PG position and Pop's desire for a veteran behind Tony, I wouldn't be surprised at all.

That being said, I would hope there are better options for the Spurs but it's a possibility.
Old 06-22-06, 01:46 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
That guy can make me laugh just by looking at him! I love that show BTW.
Old 06-22-06, 01:48 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

It's generally a bad idea to give 33 year old players new multi-year contracts. Especially guards.
Old 06-22-06, 02:34 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I would bet the ranch that Speedy comes back in a sign-and-trade of some sort. The Spurs have been missing him since the day he left...and given what he made last time (3 yrs at $5 mil per), I know Eric Williams is a nice, stronger option to have behind Bruce, but the cap space is approximately the same. Say all you want about Beno - I think he was a pre-draft camp wonder. I wouldn't trust him to start 10 games if - G-d forbid - TP were to get injured. With Speedy, I absolutely would.
Old 06-22-06, 02:49 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by schlebrock
Give the Spurs history of not spending too much money on that backup PG position and Pop's desire for a veteran behind Tony, I wouldn't be surprised at all.

That being said, I would hope there are better options for the Spurs but it's a possibility.
im sure that bobby would want a 3 year deal since it would probably be his last because of his age, id love to see speedy back hes a great backup and his demands arent that much more now then they were 3 years ago salary wise....
Old 06-22-06, 03:01 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I like Bobby and think he'd do fine here. i was gonna suggest that. I don't see anything wrong with bringin' Grant Hill off the bench to play the NVE role. But that's just me.

Quote:
BENO UDRIH.

Jesus.

The guy has been solid for the bulk of his career. So he had a bad Finals against a defensive BEAST in Hunter?
I have no confidence in Beno to start consistently. none.
Old 06-22-06, 03:04 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
So we are trading Tony then eh?
Referrin' to anutha' post that described a scenario in which Tony gets hurt. I couldn't see Beno playin' that well consistently.