News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-19-06, 04:01 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Jason Terry, the black Bibby?

I was thinking about this today, Jason Terry reminds me of the Mavs' version of Mike Bibby. Personalites and ethnicities aside, the two really seem to have a lot in common. A scoring point guard with a great shooting touch, ability to come up with clutch Js (although Terry not nearly as much as Bibby yet), coming out of relative obscurity to become the most reliable player on a contending team, and taking the undesirable role of trying to bail out an underachieving star PF in big games. Although to be fair, Nowitzki has shown a lot more in this year's playoffs than Webber ever did.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-19-06, 04:26 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Bibby IS black.

But point taken. Terry has been terrific.
Old 06-19-06, 05:52 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Bibby is black or atleast half. I know his mother is from Trinidad WI(mostly consist of Black and Indian people)
Old 06-19-06, 06:35 AM
SpursReport Team Member

he doesn't really look like it.. (atleast to me)

Oh well..a man learns every day;)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-19-06, 08:52 AM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnwhuxley
Bibby IS black.

But point taken. Terry has been terrific.
I was thinking the same thing. Good stuff.
Old 06-19-06, 10:51 AM
Mr. Brightside

rrrrrrrrrrrright.....
Old 06-19-06, 11:00 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Bibby may have black heritage but brother ain't black that's some white choloate up in Sacramento.
Old 06-19-06, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason R
Bibby may have black heritage but brother ain't black that's some white choloate up in Sacramento.
Lest you forget, the "one drop rule" as mentioned above, dude has some Black ancestry no doubt, but he most likely is bi, or multi-racial.
Old 06-19-06, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyspurslover
lock in 3...2....
I'm sure this thread will offend somebody.
Old 06-19-06, 11:16 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Bibbby the slowest PG in the league and you want to compare him to one of the fastest PG's in the league???

lol
Old 06-19-06, 11:24 AM
NBA Ref Wrangler

The first time I saw a commercial for a Vin Diesel movie, I went WTF hired Mike Bibby to make a movie

We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
---Winston Churchill (1903)
Old 06-19-06, 05:32 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I wouldn't say Bibby came out of "relative obscurity". He was a high profile recruit at Arizona and then led them to a National Title and then became the #2 pick in the NBA draft.
Old 06-20-06, 01:02 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binji
he doesn't really look like it.. (atleast to me)

Oh well..a man learns every day;)
Black people come in every shade and tone.... if somebody could post a pic of his dad....Henry Bibby...he played for the Sixers in the eighties with Dr J...and Moses....I think he was on the title team....somebody find it.....im not good at that kind of computer stuff

Last edited by Mystic Soulja; 06-20-06 at 01:10 AM.
Old 06-20-06, 01:07 AM
SpursReport Team Member

uh no

slapping a yellow "support our troops" sticker on the back of your gas guzzling SUV in the middle of a war for oil makes you an a-holes

cooking is not a chore, cooking is an obsession.
Old 06-20-06, 01:18 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Heh, yeah I was exaggerating a bit with the "coming out of relative obscurity" line, but you know, I meant like being below the nba radar then suddenly rising to the spotlight in the playoffs.
Old 06-20-06, 01:19 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Hye blame whitey, they're the ones making me choose between Hispanic and White on my job surveys.
Old 06-20-06, 01:37 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Jason Terry is significantly better than Bibby and race (they're the same silly) has absolutely nothing to do with it.
Old 06-20-06, 01:39 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Jason Terry is going to make way too much money for the next 6 years!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-20-06, 01:39 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaSin2K4
Bibbby the slowest PG in the league and you want to compare him to one of the fastest PG's in the league???

lol
he means shooting wise....both guys have laser range finders in their optical nerves or at least it seems like it....they both are very very good jump shooters....and Bibbys not that slow....any slow motion that he MAY have doesnt matter because he needs but a fraction of a second to release that dagger anyway....he must be doing something right because being slow never stopped him from getting to this level
Old 06-20-06, 01:47 AM
Moderator in Flip Flops

Neat-O-Stat of the night is both played the same position in college for the same coach, Lute Olson, at the University of Arizona. (Ortega can check me on that!) The U of A is also where Sean Elliott and Steve Kerr played their college ball....
Pass is PINPOINT PERFECT
and somebody ends up WIDE OPEN
No Flash No Gimmicks NO CHANCE OF STOPPING IT
IT'S THE QUIET GUYS YOU SHOULD FEAR
because words are small and GAME IS BIG

GO GO!

I AM NINJA!
"We will either find a way, or make one."
~Hannibal~
Old 06-20-06, 01:47 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Jason Terry is significantly better than Bibby? What?
Old 06-20-06, 12:23 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Jason Terry is significantly better than Bibby? What?
Yes, he is. Bibby is pretty one-dimensional and can be stopped. Terry can drive, shoot mid-range, shoot the 3-ball, rebound, and he's not a terrible passer either.

Quote:
Hye blame whitey, they're the ones making me choose between Hispanic and White on my job surveys.
I nominate this for Post Of The Week. Made me laugh out loud.
Old 06-20-06, 12:56 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

i think he's African American, yes.

black?
on the outside no.

hey, but i have a red friend. and a couple of brown ones. some are white, moreso than others...almost albino.

i like Yao though. he's my fav center right now. Yellow people are Awesome. lets not compare him to a Yellow Shawn Bradley, cause he's much better..

YAOZER
Old 06-20-06, 03:32 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan9
i think he's African American, yes.
African-Americans (i.e. people who have left Africa to live in America) are not necessarily dark-skinned. They could be light-skinned South Africans.

Anyway....

this is a RIDICULOUS premise for a thread. One, because it assumes Mike Bibby is of the "white race" -- which is not true. Two, because it assumes that skin color matters with regard to basketball talent. Basketball is basketball no matter what color your skin is.
Old 06-20-06, 04:10 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

He's not of the white race but brother is white. This is where we need to take a tip from our Argentinian friends who say Ginobili is white, even though most of America will say he's hispanic and that makes all the difference in the world.