News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-19-06, 01:28 AM
SpursReport Team Member

The grassy knoll...

I'm in Dallas on some business and staying at the "Adolphus" hotel which is a few blocks from the infamouse spot President Kennedy was assassinated. People were coming out of the sports bars foaming at the mouth shouting hate and disgust, not at the refs nor the Heat but at the Mavs players themselves. I watched the game at Walt Garrison's sports bar next to the hotel and these fans can't help but slam their team. I wore my Spurs hat and they tolerated my presence as best they could. When the game was over, I quickly pointed out the obvious and they all seem to agree. I told them you would never see any Spurs player behave the way Dirk behaved nor would you see Pop rant about officiating - NEVER! I'm sort of embarrassed that A.J. was associated with our Spurs franchise.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-19-06, 01:30 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

If Dallas ends up losing this series, Howard might get lynched.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-19-06, 01:31 AM
MomBear

Sounds like you made it out of there alive... good job!
Old 06-19-06, 01:32 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Dallas fans are piss poor fans.
Old 06-19-06, 01:40 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Boy, you should've heard the conspiracy theories in the bar. I have to admitt, these fans are somewhat intelligent because they were relenting how much Cuban was on Sterns rear-end about everything that the league's general feeling towards him have gone completely sour and has come back to haunt the entire Mavs franchise. Some were saying, which I happen to agree, that this will be the ultimate irony for the Mavs to finally reach the Finals only to lose to an Eastern Conference team and perhaps never making it back again. Way to go Cuban!!
Old 06-19-06, 11:55 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

i love it! tim gets a phantom 6th foul in one game and ejected, which may have cost us that game...then in game 7, he gets hacked on last shot, no call. we could have won that too, we were tied, just need one FT.
SO, if mavs lose, i'll be thanking cuban's karma! what goes around comes around.
Old 06-19-06, 06:19 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I believe the NBA is becoming more and more like the WWF. The Spurs could've would've won the series against the Mavs EASY...piece of cake...Tim and Gino deserve an oscar for the way they had us believe that they could miss such an easy shot in the last seconds of regulation in the last game of the series...only for the Mavs to come back and beat the Spurs in OT. Too much drama, too much scripted games...if you can believe it's real, then fine...continue to amuse y'all selves...I don't believe the Mavs are a better team than the Spurs...and the Spurs should have easily shut out the HEAT to win back to back championships...something Stern just didn't want to see happen...

Cuban might've just wanted it soo badly.....
I'm gonna enjoy seeing them lose!!!!

yup...just another lil ol' conspiracy theory