News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-16-06, 11:20 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Wolves Want Morrison

Wolves Want Morrison
No doubt the Wolves rank Gonzaga forward Adam Morrison as their No. 1 choice in the draft. However, the agent for Morrison won't allow his client to work out for the Wolves because he believes Morrison will be drafted long before the Wolves pick sixth in the first round. But don't be surprised if the Wolves try to improve their position in the draft so they can put Morrison in a Timberwolves uniform
http://www.startribune.com/507/story/496470.html
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-16-06, 02:22 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks
Wolves Want Morrison
No doubt the Wolves rank Gonzaga forward Adam Morrison as their No. 1 choice in the draft. However, the agent for Morrison won't allow his client to work out for the Wolves because he believes Morrison will be drafted long before the Wolves pick sixth in the first round. But don't be surprised if the Wolves try to improve their position in the draft so they can put Morrison in a Timberwolves uniform
http://www.startribune.com/507/story/496470.html
I think they are going to come up short on this because they got a bunch of bad contracts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-16-06, 04:19 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

morrison will be good-but with KG's contract that team ain't never gonna build a winner.
Old 06-16-06, 04:23 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

didn't they already have a pre-morrisson player in Wally?

I think he'll be gone in the top 4 anyways.
Old 06-16-06, 04:50 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevo
didn't they already have a pre-morrisson player in Wally?

I think he'll be gone in the top 4 anyways.
I was thinking the same thing. Morrison I think will be a solid player who could churn in a couple of all-star appearances.

It could be worth a look but I dont see anyone other than KG a team would want off their roster.
Old 06-16-06, 05:15 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

LOL. They can want all they want, but unless they can come up with a good deal with one of the 5 teams before them to trade down and not take Morrison.
Old 06-16-06, 05:19 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydawg
morrison will be good-but with KG's contract that team ain't never gonna build a winner.
I TOTALLY agree. KG can complain all he wants, but the truth is that because of how GINORMOUS his contract is, no team with him will ever be able to get enough quality players to really compete for a championship. He's gonna have to play this contract out and then hop on another team or be willing to cut his own salary to get some more worthy players.
Old 06-16-06, 05:20 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

According to Chad Ford of ESPN Insiders, Atlanta has vowed to take Shelden. Heres the article.

In our latest mock draft, we first reported that the rumor swirling around the Orlando predraft camp was that the Atlanta Hawks had made a promise to Duke's Shelden Williams to draft him.

We said, "The buzz around Orlando on Friday was that the Hawks had cut a deal with Shelden Williams. However, that makes almost no sense. Why cut a deal with a guy this early in the draft, especially one who has a 99.9 percent probability of being there at No. 5?"

Here in Treviso, we've now had two sources, one close to Williams and one close to the Hawks, confirm that Hawks GM Billy Knight indeed asked Williams to shut down his workouts in return for the Hawks' selection.

Williams, in recent days, has canceled workouts with the Timberwolves and Magic and has no more scheduled workouts before the draft. To date, Williams has worked out for six teams: the Warriors, Jazz, Hornets, Celtics, Sonics and Rockets.

While Williams clearly would give Atlanta something it doesn't have, a big, physical rebounder and shot-blocker to play in the paint, at No. 5 the Hawks would be taking Williams several spots higher than where he was projected to go.

But that shouldn't be an issue, according to one NBA executive here in Treviso.

"If you like a player, it doesn't matter where you draft him," the executive said. "Who cares about where he's projected? Williams could have gone to a team like the Rockets (No. 8) or the Sonics (No. 10) anyway. That's not that far off."

The info that the Hawks are apparently taking Williams at No. 5 creates two interesting subplots.

One, it means that it's likely the Hawks aren't trading their pick this year. There had been some rumblings that the Hawks were willing to trade the pick in return for a veteran. Still, it's conceivable the Hawks would trade down a few spots in the draft and try to nab Williams there.

Two, it means that if the Hawks stay at No. 5, two of the top six players in the draft -- Tyrus Thomas, Andrea Bargnani, LaMarcus Aldridge, Adam Morrison, Brandon Roy and Rudy Gay -- are slipping out of the top five.

Kevin McHale of Minnesota (No. 6) and Danny Ainge of Boston (No. 7) must be licking their chops.