News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-15-06, 11:10 PM
SpursReport Team Member

98-74 must of been a boring Spurs game

No wait it was Stern's darlings muddling through a horrible 4th quarter...have you ever seen a more boring game, is that writer going to state how could america be subjected to such atrocities...i thought the nba wanted more scoring...yadda yadda yadda...just goes to show that because the spurs have no punks that we are boring...dallas full of punks, ok an owner and 2 cheap shot artists, abc and sterns' darlings :richb

Last edited by my2sons; 06-15-06 at 11:14 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-15-06, 11:12 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

San An just gets a bad rap, plain and simple.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-15-06, 11:14 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

98-74 actually!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AGREE THOUGH, rolles eyes myself at this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l=w
San An just gets a bad rap, plain and simple.
Yep, even if they got 110 a game in a series heads will say boring becuase it's what they think of when talking about SA like it's the damn 99 team or some trash, who played great LIGHTS OUT D and shut you out like hell, they think of those teams still when they say boring and not Tony and Manu etc. running and scoring. SA is still boring to them, it just sounds right.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 06-15-06, 11:17 PM
SpursReport Team Member

It doesn't matter because the look on Cuban's face when they were down by 20 with 3 1/2 minutes left in the game was absolutely priceless.
Old 06-15-06, 11:19 PM
SpursReport Team Member

plus it was good to see teflon dirk get knocked around a little bit w/out it being a free throw marathon...
Old 06-15-06, 11:20 PM
MomBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifelongSpursFan
It doesn't matter because the look on Cuban's face when they were down by 20 with 3 1/2 minutes left in the game was absolutely priceless.
Old 06-15-06, 11:22 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sons
plus it was good to see teflon dirk get knocked around a little bit w/out it being a free throw marathon...
Now watch...they'll end up bringing David Hasseloff in for game 5 so Dirk can concentrate during his constant march to the free throw line...
Old 06-15-06, 11:25 PM
SpursReport Team Member

would that be the baywatch version of david hasseloff or the spongebob squarepants movie david hasselhoff...
Old 06-15-06, 11:25 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
It's the little things in life.
Old 06-15-06, 11:28 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleo
It's the little things in life.
Hey!! That made my month!! The Spurs were knocked out of the playoffs on my birthday. So now Cuban is beginning to feel my pain!!!!!
Old 06-16-06, 12:02 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Hey!! That made my month!! The Spurs were knocked out of the playoffs on my birthday. So now Cuban is beginning to feel my pain!!!!!
OMG on your B DAY????? HOLYYYYYYYYYYY. They won the title after 12 last year or close to it, they WON THE TITLE LAST YEAR on the 24th basically, my B DAY, now that was a HUGE B DAY!!!!!! Sorry for you man, they did not bless you on your b day and didn't come through in 7 like mine Damn you Spurs, you always win on B Day, why not his!!!!!!!

I was at the damn beach for my birthday last year for 4 days, and they won it on my birthday, priceless man, can't tell you how it felt!!!!!!!
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 06-16-06, 12:08 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzarector7
OMG on your B DAY????? HOLYYYYYYYYYYY. They won the title after 12 last year or close to it, they WON THE TITLE LAST YEAR on the 24th basically, my B DAY, now that was a HUGE B DAY!!!!!! Sorry for you man, they did not bless you on your b day and didn't come through in 7 like mine Damn you Spurs, you always win on B Day, why not his!!!!!!!

I was at the damn beach for my birthday last year for 4 days, and they won it on my birthday, priceless man, can't tell you how it felt!!!!!!!
You're just rubbing it in at this point
Old 06-16-06, 12:13 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by romad_20
You're just rubbing it in at this point
Just having some fun, they won it last year on mine so that felt extra special and I will never forget that as long as I LIVE, they won it in 99 on my B DAY as well and I GOT WASTEEEEEEEEEEEEEED at that time to say the damn least!!!!!!!!! I mean I get the best of luck it seems on my b day So next time they play on it or the day before WE WIN the title!!!!!! Just put your house on that one man!

Sorry JUNE 25th 99 they won it, they day after my 21st B DAY!!!!!!!!! That was a day in a half to say the least for me. Last year game 7 started on the 23rd and almost or did end on the 24th, so they won it on my B DAY then!!!

Last edited by Rzarector7; 06-16-06 at 12:16 AM.
Old 06-16-06, 11:23 AM
SpursReport Rookie

What it is all comes down to is people base their persceptions on what the media tells them.

Last year -
ESPN and all the talking heads complain and moan about boring Spurs and Pistons continually. During every mention of the series, they tell everyone how boring and horrible the series will be. Announcers spend all their time talking about how boring the games are and how terrible it is for the NBA.

Average basketball fan's reaction is wow the Spurs and Pistons series must really stink if all the hot shot analysts are saying it. So, many don't even bother watching it. Those that watch the games are reminded over and over again what an inferior product that are being forced to watch. Is there any wonder that said fan comes away with the impression that the games are boring?

Now, this year the same people talk on and on about how great this series will be. The boring Spurs and horrible Pistons are not around to ruin everyone's fun. On top of that, they have personalities again. It is much more important to have Cuban running his mouth and Shaq insulting people. They feel that somehow adds to the game. After the horrible performance last night, will the media complain and whine about the Mavs ruining the finals? I think not, because they are more happy to have Cuban making an azz of himself on Letterman.

The reaction by average NBA fan is wow the media tells me this is a great series, so I will certainly agree with that. With Cuban and Shaq to distract them with meaningless drivel, they don't actually have to be concerned with what happens on the court. These are the same people that will believe that Brett Favre is the greatest quaterback and Ray Lewis is a defensive beast because John Madden and Joe Thiesman are there to continually remind them.

"Hating the Lakers for over two decades"
Old 06-16-06, 11:37 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sons
Yeah on the other hand he just falls down on a lot of plays and forces the refs to call it and they fall for it. Hey you can't blame him if they are going to let him fall every time there's some contact and they call a bogus foul go for it. Also did you see that totally bogus foul when Mourning stuffed his dunk? After Zo gets his hands on that ball its no one's possession so a little body contact after that is incidental. Should've been a jump ball if anything. He got sent back big time.

Last edited by Quadzilla99; 06-16-06 at 11:40 AM.