News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-06, 10:15 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Nobody blows a lead quite like the heat

This is quite an impressive string of lead-blowing by the Heat.

"There are many dying children out there whose last wish is to meet me" -David Hasselhoff
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-13-06, 10:20 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Yup looks like Shaq is heading towards 0-8 in the finals without Kobe now.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-13-06, 10:21 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Shaq's been in 8 finals games since leaving LA? huh?
Old 06-13-06, 10:24 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Did this Miami team really beat the Pistons??
Old 06-13-06, 10:27 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyspurslover
0-4 with orlando....0-2 thus far.
Orlando was before Shaq even played with Kobe...kinda silly to be considering that

I dont like Shaq but at least he is in the finals...Kobe hasnt done crap (outside individual #'s) since Shaq left
Old 06-13-06, 10:29 PM
SpursReport Team Member

The Pistons imploded more than anything else. They didn't take the Cavs as seriously as they needed to and I think that series shook them up. Miami was just there to knock them down.

As for this series I'm starting to feel bad for Miami. They're hopelessly outclassed. Erick Dampier has outplayed Shaq for two games now? Ouch.
Old 06-13-06, 10:31 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Miami looks like a JV team and they have all series. Some of the passes they've been throwing have me scratching my head.
Old 06-13-06, 10:34 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

The Heat just don't have the athleticism and quickness to be able to handle the Mavs. The Mavs are toying with them.
Old 06-13-06, 10:44 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzG
Orlando was before Shaq even played with Kobe...kinda silly to be considering that

I dont like Shaq but at least he is in the finals...Kobe hasnt done crap (outside individual #'s) since Shaq left
So is getting to the finals and getting swept a personal achievement for Shaq, if so congrats to him.
0-0>0-7
Old 06-13-06, 10:50 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

looks liek mavs are blowing a bigger lead
Old 06-13-06, 10:51 PM
SpursReport Rookie

The only solace I can take from the heat completely sucking is that when Dallas sweeps this should only add more fuel to the fire for the spurs. I really think we are gonna see a team next year come out and just run rampant in a way like detroit. only thing is that we wont fade in the playoffs.

Plus, Dallas will get to see what its like to be the ones with the target on their backs now. Dallas, enjoy, unfortunately the life of a one-hit wonder is short.
Old 06-13-06, 10:56 PM
MomBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL2k
So is getting to the finals and getting swept a personal achievement for Shaq, if so congrats to him.
0-0>0-7
Old 06-13-06, 10:58 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

yep mavs blew the lead
Old 06-13-06, 10:59 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

So we have a finals with two lead blowing teams... great.

"There are many dying children out there whose last wish is to meet me" -David Hasselhoff
Old 06-13-06, 11:01 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Well, I guess the Mavs can blow a lead too. They still have a shot though.
Old 06-13-06, 11:04 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Dirk on the line in the closing seconds to tie up the game, gee where have I seen that before.

Lol!!!! Miss!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-13-06, 11:06 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

01.4 DAL - Personal foul on D. Nowitzki
:02.4 MIA - D. Wade defensive rebound
:03.4 DAL - D. Nowitzki misses the second free throw
:03.4 DAL - D. Nowitzki hits the first free throw
:03.4 MIA - Shooting foul on U. Haslem
Old 06-13-06, 11:08 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Yeah I've gotta give them credit. The Heat certainly have been blowing leads in the 2nd half, but boy oh boy what a comeback tonight!

Old 06-13-06, 11:08 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Mavs relaxed and let them back in the game. It's obvious the Heat are the inferior team.
Old 06-13-06, 11:09 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Wade Comes up huge Shaq wins a finals game without that guy.

Mavs should have never given up the lead though thats a choke.
Old 06-13-06, 11:10 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

irk choked on that 2nd ft
Old 06-13-06, 11:11 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOM21
irk choked on that 2nd ft
It won't matter in the end.
Old 06-13-06, 11:13 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomBear
So is going to the finals and getting beat in five a personal achivement for Shaq, if so congrats to him
0-0>1-7

lol im reachin here this loss sucked, Shaq CANT win the title
SpursReport Rookie

This game was bs. I hate the Mavs But hate Fat Shaq more. Wade fouled the heck outta Harris at half court about 3 min left and Haslemwas pulling and holding Dirk for 8 mins. These REFs Sux and they just want to extend and give Stern his favorite son a chance with another ring. Wade should of been gone at the 3min mark.
SpursReport Team Captain

mavs got outrebounded by 15

wow

take that mavs
Old 06-13-06, 11:16 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

thankfully this will shut down the sweep talk
Old 06-13-06, 11:16 PM
SpursReport Rookie

NBA refs doing their best to make this a series! Noooo, there weren't any momentum changing calls in the 4th quarter!
Old 06-13-06, 11:24 PM
SpursReport Rookie

i was listening to dan patrick on bspn...and i dunno if it was me or just the 20 mins i listened, but it seems that dallas fans are getting this rep of being whiny and constantly talking about they get no respect...like getting a national rep. i know we know they are...but i hope that the whole nation starts looking at them and seeing how we see them.
Old 06-13-06, 11:24 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOM21
thankfully this will shut down the sweep talk
You think?

I agree the Heat were beneficiaries of a lot of favorable calls down the stretch. Everything had to fall into place for them to barely win at home.

Last edited by maldoror; 06-13-06 at 11:27 PM.
Old 06-13-06, 11:26 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

The best part was Dirk getting fouled within the last few seconds of the game (how many times has this happened in the playoffs???) and having him miss
Old 06-13-06, 11:27 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipper-boy
NBA refs doing their best to make this a series! Noooo, there weren't any momentum changing calls in the 4th quarter!
I wasn't talking about a charge I am talking about when dllas was taking the ball to half court and he took the right leg out of the guard running to the front court. It should of been called a blocking foul.
Old 06-13-06, 11:31 PM
SpursReport Rookie

well...while there might have been favorable calls for miami, its kinda hard for me to feel sympathy for them. hey dallas, how do you like them apples!
Old 06-13-06, 11:36 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I understand how you feel, I can't stand Dallas but like I said before I can't stand that loud mouth egotisic bumb a** fat Shaq and I would root for LA if they were playing the Heat rightnow. And yes there were alot of favorable cals that took out the Mavs offense.
Old 06-13-06, 11:50 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Location: The capital of Texas...that's right...Sunset Valley

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobEX
Well, I guess the Mavs can blow a lead too. They still have a shot though.
That's not the only thing that blows about this Finals.

"Married men live longer. Yes. And an indoor cat also lives longer. It's a furball with a broken spirit, that can only look out on a world it can never enjoy. But it does technically live longer." - Bill Maher
Old 06-14-06, 12:05 AM
MomBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL2k
So is going to the finals and getting beat in five a personal achivement for Shaq, if so congrats to him
0-0>1-7

lol im reachin here this loss sucked, Shaq CANT win the title
That one's funny too....
Old 06-14-06, 12:28 AM
SpursReport Team Member

The most important thingis that the Mavs completely f***in' choked tonight and that it was so sweet to watch. I almost lit a cigarrette after Dirk missed that free throw, omg it was sweet but then I remembered that I don't smoke so I just got a big bowl of ice cream instead. Oh Yeah that was sweeeeeet.

Last edited by Quadzilla99; 06-14-06 at 05:58 AM.
Old 06-14-06, 01:18 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Home cooking. The NBA is getting faker and faker.
Old 06-14-06, 02:00 AM
SpursReport Team Member

well I hope the heat gets more home cooking. Let Dallas taste their own medicine.
Old 06-14-06, 02:50 AM
FrenchConnection

Shaq with another bad game, 7 TOs. The Heat cannot rely only on Wade having monster games to win this series.
Old 06-14-06, 05:32 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchfred
Shaq with another bad game, 7 TOs. The Heat cannot rely only on Wade having monster games to win this series.
Exactly. The Heat were lucky to win. Dallas in 6.
Old 06-14-06, 05:50 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Hey Edinscot who you correcting? I didn't see anybody pick the Heat.
Old 06-14-06, 07:10 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Big time win for the Heat...the showed a lot of Heart winning that game...something to build on

I think they tie it up at 2 after game 4. This series will go back to Dallas and go at least 6...maybe even 7 games IMO

great to see Dirk miss a big free throw...too bad he didnt do that against SA where the refs sent him to the line after a horrible call on Bowen to send one game to OT

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldoror
Mavs relaxed and let them back in the game. It's obvious the Heat are the inferior team.
call it what you want but Miami made the plays and took the game. they could have rolled over and gave up...but they didnt and this series isnt over

Dallas has gotten more calls than just about any team in the playoffs this year...who gives a crap if there a few calls that went against them? about time
Old 06-14-06, 09:07 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swannie
Did this Miami team really beat the Pistons??
Exactly what I have been asking. One frickin' layup or putback away from a back-to-back.
Old 06-14-06, 10:14 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by scol
The best part was Dirk getting fouled within the last few seconds of the game (how many times has this happened in the playoffs???) and having him miss
maybe manu should learn how to foul hard like haslem.
Old 06-15-06, 09:35 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

lets hope the heat do not blow the lead again!