News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-06, 09:04 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

This is why I hate Mark Cuban/Mavs (video)

I know we have plenty of these threads and it's time to move on but I just ran into the videos that they played while we were playing the Mavs. They're actually pretty stupid IMO. Mark Cuban is such an idiot along with the Mavs and has very little class.

Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be Spurs fans
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5i6m...dallas%20spurs

Manu flop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKMv9...dallas%20spurs
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-13-06, 09:48 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Wow, pretty stupid stuff there, pure cheese.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-13-06, 10:18 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

.....and they say that we whine.
Old 06-13-06, 11:29 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Oh come on....

You guys need to lighten up! If you let stuff like that bother you then you're gonna be bothered most of the time.

Put a little more fiber in your diet and I think you'll feel better.
Old 06-13-06, 11:40 AM
SpursReport Rookie

wow, here you are again...just reading the threads to be against what every one else is saying. you must REALLy be bored or you must be a dallas LOVER! you obviously dont have any loyalty, if you are a spurs fan. the MAVS are hated NOT because they beat us this one year....they are just HATED PERIOD! why cant you get that?
Old 06-13-06, 11:43 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh_my_lord
Oh come on....

You guys need to lighten up! If you let stuff like that bother you then you're gonna be bothered most of the time.

did you register here to just complain about what others post? Thats ALL you have done
Old 06-13-06, 11:53 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

the first one is stupid. the 2nd one is pretty funny. they did a good job.

so marc cuban made those films huh ? interesting.
Old 06-13-06, 12:10 PM
NBA Ref Wrangler

Is there a link for the "Horry-o's"?
Now that's real calss

We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
---Winston Churchill (1903)
Old 06-13-06, 12:34 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Oh come on....

LoL! WHAT shut your mouth douche bag nobody is crying. Just simply stating the obvious.....those are the two gayest videos I've ever seen.
Old 06-13-06, 12:46 PM
SpursReport Rookie

The only place I can think of where something like this would be used was during time outs at the Mavs games. Anyone who attended the games see these?
Old 06-13-06, 02:07 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Cuban tries to bring some fun to the game for his team. The videos were goofy but most cartoons are. I didn't see a reason to get upset over them.

In fact, I'm starting to appreciate Cuban. I think he brings a different energy to the game. He gets the fans involved.
Old 06-13-06, 02:30 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jones
Cuban tries to bring some fun to the game for his team. The videos were goofy but most cartoons are. I didn't see a reason to get upset over them.

In fact, I'm starting to appreciate Cuban. I think he brings a different energy to the game. He gets the fans involved.
in a classless/idiotic way....he's a cheez ball owner. I'm sure he thinks he's a fun guy, but he is just strange as an owner IMO. I am not appreciating Cuban in a good way.
Old 06-13-06, 03:13 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Yeah, he brings energy to the games. Like accosting Bruce Bowen on the court and swearing at him. The guy is a jerk, plain and simple.
Old 06-13-06, 03:55 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Oh come on....

I have plenty of fiber in my diet to sh!t all over your lame ass comments.
Old 06-13-06, 04:00 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Those videos make me feel uncomfortable when I'm at the arena.
Old 06-13-06, 04:33 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
I'm starting to appreciate Cuban. I think he brings a different energy to the game. He gets the fans involved
sometimes yes....but then others he acts very immature...dropping profanity on other teams players (Bowen) and many of the other comments he made this year and in the past is just stupid. if he wouldnt act like a jerk he would be ok
Old 06-13-06, 04:40 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I would rather see the "Manu Flop" than the "Dirk Jerk" (not that I am saying he is a jerk but just the way he moves around the floor).

I have only been to Mavs games when they played the Spurs but I will bet they do this for other teams too. I can only imagine what they do for the Kings.
Old 06-13-06, 04:52 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

A big waste of money. :richb
Old 06-13-06, 07:44 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyspurslover
this is the biggest bit of irony i've noticed since the season ended, here.

this has to be the number one statement i've heard....the mavs, the fans, and cuban lack class.

in SOME instances, i think it is deserved (riverwalk comment) but, answer me this...is it really classy to spend the last month (as some posters have) giving dallas zero credit, and blaming the losses solely on the refs shoulders? and then calling (of all people) AJ insulting, childish names just b/c his team beat ours?

to me, that's not showing class. that's showing sour grapes.
...and all we have seen from you is lambasting those who don't think the Mavs should move on. Cuban has no class...I have seen how he has treated our fans...in person. Have you? So if I say he has no class I am speaking from personal experience. That man hates the Spurs and dislikes their fans just as much.

Needless to say....you are entitled to your opinion....and others are entitled to theirs. If it bothers you so much ignore those posts and show a little class while moving on yourself.

Now...I feel better.
Old 06-13-06, 08:26 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
well, please enlighten us.

i'm DYING to know what he does at an nba game that is so wretched and horrible that it isn't written about, or handled by the refs, or our owners, or security, or the team, or the league, and then dealt with properly.

the floor is yours.
Exactly....that doesn't mean that people have to like them or their fans anymore than they have to like our team or fans. Don't come out and punk your fellow posters. That series was crap...and a lot harder to take in person than it was on TV. No one I know is rooting for the Mavs...in fact no one is watching. We all are counting the minutes when we can take that trophy away from them.

And if you're dying to know, might I suggest you go to a home game against the Mavs and sit over by the bench...you can view it firsthand yourself. His comments to Bruce was only the beginning. Spend a little money and enlighten yourself instead of calling out others. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I have heard post after post how you are tired of fans blaming everyone but the Spurs.

And personally, if I were to be angry at anyone it is Pop because his own system beat him. The players left it on the court, but I don't think the coaching staff did. Pop was out-popped. And yes, it bothers me that Avery beat us with our own system. That is crap too...but I know I have to deal. That is what the summer is for.

When the finals are over then all those posts that bother you so much will be over. Might I suggest you play virtual GM. That will be safer.....
Old 06-13-06, 08:34 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I thought they were funny! We all make jokes about the Mavs an have a little fun at the Mavs expense.

My only real comment is why didn't they put at least one "Flop" on the video, could it be because they all look like legit charges?

Still funnny videos!
Old 06-13-06, 08:40 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipper-boy
I thought they were funny! We all make jokes about the Mavs an have a little fun at the Mavs expense.

My only real comment is why didn't they put at least one "Flop" on the video, could it be because they all look like legit charges?

Still funnny videos!
The videos were entertaining...but that also shows you the disparity between organizations. The Spurs FO would never allow videos to be made that would pick on a player from an opposing team or a general fan base. The most ever done is the Coyote teasing the Suns gorilla...or stepping on an opposing team's banner...or throwing popcorn on another team's "fan."

However I do believe that Cuban was trying to subliminally point out to the refs that Manu flops. So, next year the Spurs should make one that shos how Dirk travels when he is trying to draw a foul while suddenly forgetting how to walk. But, it will never happen because that is beneath the Spurs FO, but not beneath Cuban.
Old 06-13-06, 08:48 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
4 paragraphs, and as i suspected...you couldn't even answer the question.

the series wasn't crap. it was a hard fought battle between 2 great teams, and the spurs came up short. life goes on.
....whatever dude!!!! The outcome of the series was crap not only to me but many others. And I chose not to answer your question directly (other than to attend a game and see for yourself). I am not going to give you gossip...I am going to tell you I was there and I have seen. But that isn't good enough for you.

Oh...and btw....during the series I sat near Avery's wife at one game and Cuban at another. Avery's wife was an absolute angel compared to Cuban. You can take it from there.

So, yes life goes on. And I will be ignoring you. I am happy again.
Old 06-13-06, 09:03 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

This is getting old

someone who has class doesnt drop profanity all over Bruce Bowen...an NBA owner at that
Old 06-13-06, 09:54 PM
SpursReport Rookie

If every team owner in the league conducted themselves like Cuban does, the NBA would be a joke. Cuban is not a sportsman, he's a mother hen to his team. He's an immature, casual fan that lucked into acquiring a new toy.

Last edited by huggy bear; 06-13-06 at 09:59 PM.
Old 06-13-06, 11:14 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Oh come on....

www.mavstalk.com
Old 06-13-06, 11:31 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Especially with kids around ive been @ games and held back profanity bcuz every1 knows children are around.... but maybe you like your children 2 say F and S and pluck my itch and stuff....
sure we lost but the mavs didnt beat us as much as the spurs beat themselves
Old 06-14-06, 12:12 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Why is it always about class? Spurs fans don't have a monopoly on class. Fans are fans. Spurs fans used to be the dirtiest in the league. The Baseline Bums would pour beer on opposing teams. I think its funny and I don't really care as long as people aren't beating each other up.

I know it sux the Spurs lost to the Mavs, but this rivalry still pales to the wars with the Lakers, or even Malone and the Jazz in my opinion.

I understand the impulse to demonize the Mavs, or in this case, the owner of the Mavs, because he's the only one to make a half-way decent argument against, but overall the indignation doesn't seem equal to the situation.

They fought hard this year and squeezed by the Spurs. And though we lost, I have to say it was still the best part of the year. This regular season was relatively boring. It was just a prelude to the playoffs. And if we had been able to pull out the victory, this could have been the best title since '99.

I think you have to learn to enjoy the games even if we lose because the Spurs won't be great all the time. I think fans have been spoiled with all the winning. I think the Mavs series was incredible.

Next year should be even better.
Old 06-14-06, 01:25 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Ugh! Enough with the "more objective than thou" attitudes. The entire Mavs club and fans lost our respect DURING that series, that includes A.J.. They don't need us to "demonize" them. It's arguable that Pop's strategy was wrong altogether, it's arguable that the Mavs got a red carpet from the officiating (yea right), it's arguable that all Mavs fans are bandwagon newbie obnoxious idiots, but please, stop with all the "well the best team won, blah blah, ...". That club showed what they are about when; 1)Terry took a cheap shot in desperation 2) Frankencuban whined and went to extremes to complain about refs 3) Frankencuban shouts profanities at a player of an opposing team 4) Both Frankencuban and Terry publicly defend and deny aforementioned cheap shot.) 5) Stackhouse...whatever, I can't type all night 6) Dork calling for fans to boo and heckle a former teammate that was a cornerstone to the early success and resurrection of that team.7) AJ's "bearhug defense", his wife making a spectacle of herself, Cuban's overall disrespect for the league, and cluless cheerleader approach to being a team owner and basketball fan, Dirk's mysterious rise to untouchable status, .....oh yeah, even Del Harris got in the act having words with Duncan during one game. So, as fans were supposed to "learn to enjoy the games". Okay, sure we just learning....whatever.
Old 06-14-06, 06:46 PM
SpursReport Team Member

back to the point of this thread, I agree that at least one "flop" was necessary to make that video valid. I do fear that because of videos like that the refs are less likely to call legitimate charges on the other team.

And what's so damn bad about being a spurs fan?? compared to a mavs "fan" who only show spirit when it's the NBA finals?!?
Old 06-14-06, 06:48 PM
MomBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzG
did you register here to just complain about what others post? Thats ALL you have done
I think he's worn out his welcome...