News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-12-06, 12:09 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Shaq fined $10,000

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/b...la-sports-heat

Following the (Sunday) game, Heat center Shaquille O'Neal was fined $10,000 by the NBA for his failure to participate in postgame interviews. The Heat was fined $25,000 for failing to make him available.

-------

Jason Williams called it "a dream come true" to be playing with long-time friend O'Neal in the Finals.

"But at the same time, I wish I could have played with him when he was a little bit younger, when he could run the floor a little more, getting up and down," the point guard said. "And now he's just established his game, which is being dominant on the block. But it's still fun."

He laughed.

"And easy," Williams said.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-12-06, 12:13 PM
SpursReport Team Member

That's $2000 for every point he scored yesterday.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-12-06, 12:20 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

SPEAKING ON SHAQ

Two Mavericks assistant coaches have opined at length in recent days when asked about Shaquille O'Neal's free-throw shooting. O'Neal entered Game 2 shooting 38.5 percent from the line in the playoffs.

Del Harris, who coached O'Neal in Los Angeles, said Shaq ''has some mechanical problems. I tried to help him. I had other people try to help him.'' What does Harris think when O'Neal misses a free throw? ``I hope he misses the next one!''

Mavericks free-throw coach Gary Boren said he tried to help O'Neal when they were part of the U.S. team at the 1994 World Championships. But Boren said O'Neal 'wasn't receptive. I told him back then, `You've got to get that baby up in the air.' He didn't change. Big guys need to shoot it high, like Rik Smits. It's not going through that sphere sideways. What he's doing with his body is different every time.''

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald...s/14797152.htm
Old 06-12-06, 01:42 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurssheriff
SPEAKING ON SHAQ

Two Mavericks assistant coaches have opined at length in recent days when asked about Shaquille O'Neal's free-throw shooting. O'Neal entered Game 2 shooting 38.5 percent from the line in the playoffs.

Del Harris, who coached O'Neal in Los Angeles, said Shaq ''has some mechanical problems. I tried to help him. I had other people try to help him.'' What does Harris think when O'Neal misses a free throw? ``I hope he misses the next one!''

Mavericks free-throw coach Gary Boren said he tried to help O'Neal when they were part of the U.S. team at the 1994 World Championships. But Boren said O'Neal 'wasn't receptive. I told him back then, `You've got to get that baby up in the air.' He didn't change. Big guys need to shoot it high, like Rik Smits. It's not going through that sphere sideways. What he's doing with his body is different every time.''

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald...s/14797152.htm
Too bad "The Big Humble" fired his best free throw coach (when on the Lakers) because he thought that the freethrow coach was taking too much credit.

"Love me, Feed me, Never leave me" --The one and only Garfield
Old 06-12-06, 01:49 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR
Too bad your team sucks since Kobe ran him off. Don't be a hypocrite.
How am I being a hypocrite? Whatever I said was 100% fact and none of it was my opinion. Shaq has called himself "The Big Humble" and he did fire his best free throw coach (he was shooting the best of his career) because he thought he was taking too much credit.

And who's talking about the Lakers? My team may suck but it's not like your team got a banner this year either.

Old 06-12-06, 02:23 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:

"Today's game is style over substance. He's the opposite. He's substance over style. I think he's appreciated. I don't think he's adored."
Dave Odom, Duncan's college coach
Old 06-12-06, 04:35 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Shaq should've said, "Both teams played hard" aka Rasheed who wouldn't answer the media's questions and kept repeating the same answer and was fined!
Old 06-12-06, 05:29 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglakerfan
How am I being a hypocrite? Whatever I said was 100% fact and none of it was my opinion. Shaq has called himself "The Big Humble" and he did fire his best free throw coach (he was shooting the best of his career) because he thought he was taking too much credit.

And who's talking about the Lakers? My team may suck but it's not like your team got a banner this year either.
Can you remember the guy’s name? Was it Eddie Palubinskas?
Old 06-12-06, 06:07 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
This has nothing to do with his post.
Old 06-13-06, 01:39 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harro
Can you remember the guy’s name? Was it Eddie Palubinskas?
That name sounds familiar but I'm not too sure.

EDIT: yeah that's him.

Quote:
Ed Palubinskas does not play for the Los Angeles Lakers. He's never scored a point for them. But he might be one the most important factors in how far the lakers go this season.

He's Shaquille O'Neal's free throw coach, his self proclaimed "right-hand man." his goal is to eradicate the "Hack-a-Shaq" defenses opposing coaches employ at the end of tight games that often send O'Neal to the bench at crunch time.

http://www.freethrowmaster.com/Freethrow/News/news.html

Old 06-13-06, 01:57 AM
SpursReport Rookie

I thought so, He had a pretty good career, for an ozzie. I think he was the first Australian drafted in to the NBA
Old 06-13-06, 02:10 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
haha, that really didnt have anything to do with the post but it was still hillarious!!!!
HAHAHAHAHA

sorry biglakersfan, nothing against you or your team, just the randomness of the comment was pretty funny