News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-12-06, 08:08 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

wade bolting in 2 years?

wade bolting in 2 years?
Wade to go

Word's going around NBA circles that Dwyane Wade may not stick around past the two more years of his contract in that many of the players he's playing with now will be even older (in fact, all of them will). But don't put it past Pat Riley to figure out how to surround Wade with the right players.
http://www.newsday.com/sports/print...ny-sports-print
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-12-06, 08:19 AM
SpursReport Team Member

That's the most retarded thing I've read today. But it's still early.

Sith
Old 06-12-06, 09:48 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

It's speculation. But makes perfect sense to me. In two years, Miami's window with Shaq will have closed.
Old 06-12-06, 10:12 AM
SpursReport Team Member

so start the rumor....Wade to come and play with Timmy, TP & Manu...he liked Coach Pop....

Oops, reality beginning to creep in on a Monday....not going to happen for now.....
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-12-06, 10:18 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Wouldn't shock me. In 2 years the Heat would be stuck paying Shaq 20 mil a year for the next couple of years which wont be as desirable then as it is now. I guess it would depend what team has cap room with what talent. Can you imagine this? 2 years Orlando has a lot of money to spend with Darko/Nelson and of course Howard who wouldn't want to go there? A Howard and Wade duo would be sick.
Old 06-12-06, 11:52 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

If they get blown away in Miami as it appears they will he'll bolt!!!
Old 06-12-06, 01:45 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Hmmm, he said he does want to work out with Kobe over the summer, perhaps there's something we don't know =D

HEY we can all dream

Wade
Kobe
Odom
who cares
Kwame

"Love me, Feed me, Never leave me" --The one and only Garfield
Old 06-12-06, 01:50 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglakerfan
Hmmm, he said he does want to work out with Kobe over the summer, perhaps there's something we don't know =D

HEY we can all dream

Wade
Kobe
Odom
who cares
Kwame
Kobe couldn't get along with Shaq. Kobe and Dwyane play the same position. You honestly think he'll let Wade come in and steal his thunder?
Old 06-12-06, 01:51 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Wade
Kobe
With those two at the guard positions, you might as well put 3 figurines around, as they would just stand around looking at the two of them use every single possession themselves.
fleetwood macbull (from a Bulls' board), on Andrés "Chapu" Nocioni: "Noc is like that guy from Monty Python. They can cut off his arms, his hands, his feet, then his legs, but he still comes rolling his torso at you like he's going to destroy you"
Old 06-12-06, 01:53 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginobilisgirl20
Kobe couldn't get along with Shaq. Kobe and Dwyane play the same position. You honestly think he'll let Wade come in and steal his thunder?
LOL I don't think Kobe hated Shaq because of the team, IMO it was more because Shaq wasn't a hard worker, and took credit for wins and no responsibility for the losses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg06
With those two at the guard positions, you might as well put 3 figurines around, as they would just stand around looking at the two of them use every single possession themselves.
LOL

"Love me, Feed me, Never leave me" --The one and only Garfield
Old 06-12-06, 03:09 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Yeah Spurs will sign him. You'll see.
Old 06-12-06, 03:44 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

some have mentioned he might go to the bulls
Old 06-12-06, 04:10 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks
some have mentioned he might go to the bulls
Yup.. All these media outlets for the last 3 years keep saying LeBron James is probably going to leave and go to the Knicks or Lakers..

Bosh also gets that type of talk..

However, nobody mentions Wade or Melo in terms of leaving.. Where as LeBron is the one many believe will go, I think Wade is really the one under the radar and could possibly go home to the Bulls..
Old 06-12-06, 04:14 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Lord
That's the most retarded thing I've read today. But it's still early.

Sith
I thought the warriors trade/bs was the most retarded thing?
Old 06-12-06, 04:16 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I think Melo has a better chance of bolting than Wade.
Old 06-12-06, 04:22 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

If you think this is nonsense don't read/reply. <---- :richb
Old 06-12-06, 04:29 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

not the most extremely farfetched thing I have heard. Remember, Tim considered going to Orlando after his rookie contract- primarily because of concerns about the Spurs being aging etc.
Old 06-12-06, 04:35 PM
SpursReport Rookie

lebron in clev is pretty set. i don't see him leaving, melo and wade though could be out.
Old 06-12-06, 06:34 PM
SpursReport Mod Geezer

You all do realize that Wade, Lebron, etc. will be restricted
free agents? This isn't good for LJ or Wade because any offer they get
from another team will be for much less than any offer from their current club and which
I am sure their clubs would quickly jump on to match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog
Remember, Tim considered going to Orlando after his rookie contract- primarily because of concerns about the Spurs being aging etc.
Different CBA rules back then so it is not the same.
Old 06-12-06, 07:22 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:

HEY we can all dream

Wade
Kobe
Odom
who cares
Kwame
Who is this Who Cares dude? Stats please.

If he is any good the Spurs can sign him...
Old 06-12-06, 07:49 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

That was great coffee.
Old 06-12-06, 08:06 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Suppose an elite player is on a rookie scale deal:
a) If he wants to stay with his team, he is elegible for a 6 year extension after his third season, that would kick in by the fifth season.

Eventually, the player would have received 4 years on a rookie deal and 5 years on a maximum contract with Bird rights (with higher yearly increases), which he would have assured after his third season.

b) If the player truly wants to get out, and his team is set on blocking his way (most extreme scenario), then the player would have to reject an extension after the third season, and become a RFA after his fourth season. However, since we're assuming the team will do whatever it takes to keep him, they would match any offer sheet; and, since we're also assuming the player will do whatever it takes to get out, he'll sign none, and instead accept the qualifying offer for the fifth year. Only at the end of his fifth year he would be an UFA, and he could sign with the team of his choice without his former team being able to do a thing.

Eventually, the player would have received 5 years on a rookie deal and 5 years on a maximum, non-Bird deal (with lower yearly increases), which he would have assured after his fifth season.
If a player is on a small enough market, he might get back whatever he leaves behind in his contract through endorsements. So, to me the true difference is not the money, as much as it is the fact that he is guaranteed his money after 3 seasons instead of 5, which substantially alleviates the fears of a potentially difficult financial future due to a career ending injury, or any other unforeseen circumstance that would lower his market value.

Another possibility is, if the team is convinced that they will do whatever it takes to get out, they might be willing to trade them before losing them for nothing.

So, as you'll see, the player risks a lot by going that way, which is the reason a team will usually either keep their own rookies, or be able to get something in return for them.
fleetwood macbull (from a Bulls' board), on Andrés "Chapu" Nocioni: "Noc is like that guy from Monty Python. They can cut off his arms, his hands, his feet, then his legs, but he still comes rolling his torso at you like he's going to destroy you"

Last edited by mg06; 06-12-06 at 08:33 PM.