News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-11-06, 11:56 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Dirk showing respect for Tim?

They (Mike Breen ABC play by play guy) just said that one of the things that Dirk always sought from Avery Johnson was that he constantly asked him about Tim Duncan, "How does he practice? How did he respond to these kind of situations? He was always constantly asking him about Tim Duncan's preparation for the game" (paraphrasing). Oh, Crap even though I didn't want to now I have a little respect for him as obviously he has respect for Tim's game. Still f'in hate the Mavs though.

Last edited by Quadzilla99; 06-12-06 at 12:53 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-11-06, 11:59 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Avery probably responded: "He doesn't practice hard enough."

Which is one of the things Avery told people while he was still in San Antonio, as he got on Tim Duncan's bad side.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-11-06, 11:59 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Why would he not???? Seriously no need not to man, everyone does.......
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 06-12-06, 12:51 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I dont know if everyone does. Last year there were articles that the Sonics thought they could beat the Spurs because they thought Tim Duncan was soft and they could attack him. Besides this shows he has a lot of respect for Tim, as "he was constantly asking about him".
Old 06-12-06, 12:56 AM
SpursReport Rookie

I dont know what everyone on this forums beef with Dirk is. He is what he is. A 7 footer with guard skills. He is not obnoxious is any way that i know of and he shows respect for other players and coaches. I know I would not mind having him on San Antonio.
Old 06-12-06, 01:13 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

I have no beef with Dirk...He deserved a most improved player this year now that Avery has him driving and actually playing with some physicality (still average on defense though).

I do dislike the Mavs as an organization though...it starts from the top and trickles down.
Old 06-12-06, 01:46 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernatural Anesthetist
I have no beef with Dirk...He deserved a most improved player this year now that Avery has him driving and actually playing with some physicality (still average on defense though).

I do dislike the Mavs as an organization though...it starts from the top and trickles down.
most improved? how about Most Valuable....Avg D? He is 7ft tall and coordinated so to me he is an avg defender just by that alone. The physicality you speak of that Avery has instilled makes him an above avg defender....he looked above avg to me blocking those consecutive shots against Phoenix during the waning seconds and he blocked Walker just tonite in gm 2 when the Heat were trying to make a final push...so....i hate to admit it too but the kid is no longer a kid and he has arrived...
Old 06-12-06, 02:26 AM
SR's Resident Laker Hater

What about the story when Brent Barry first showed up as a Spur during that summer at the Spaur's facility, Tim Duncan was quietly working alone on his foot woork. Barry knew he made the right choice.
Old 06-12-06, 07:27 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernatural Anesthetist

Exactly... Mark Cuban is the only idiot in Mavs... I have no problem with Avery and any of the players... And I respect Dirk a lot...
Old 06-12-06, 08:03 AM
Abominable snowballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidaneja12
I dont know what everyone on this forums beef with Dirk is. He is what he is. A 7 footer with guard skills. He is not obnoxious is any way that i know of and he shows respect for other players and coaches. I know I would not mind having him on San Antonio.
not everyone.
i can tell from the multible interviews he did in the german TV over the last years, that he's quite a smart guy who is easy to like.
beside Michael Schuhmacher he is the the only german world-class top athlete i can think of right now (in sports and major team sports, i'm not talking about biathlon or bob), but he still seems down to the earth.

Last edited by alpineballer; 06-12-06 at 08:06 AM.
Old 06-12-06, 11:14 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Wouldn't we LOVE Dirk if he were here? He has publicly respected the Spurs and Pop. He whines but, ahem, so do some of our guys....(no doubt, our whines are justified....)