News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-06, 11:30 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

No. 2 Mavericks cheerleader behind Mark Cuban

The No. 2 Mavericks cheerleader behind Mark Cuban may be Mark Jackson of the ABC studio show. Before the opener, Jackson said Dirk Nowitzki "has the ability to be better than Larry Bird." He added he would take Nowitzki over Dwyane Wade, who graces Sports Illustrated's current cover. And finally, he picked the Mavericks to beat the suddenly trendy Heat.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...n.312e767.html
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-11-06, 11:56 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Not with a 2.5 APG Carrer average.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-12-06, 12:01 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Just look at some of Larry Bird's assist numbers-ridiculous for a small forward. I think he shoots better than Dirk too, and rebounds as well as Dirk. His assist numbers are good for a point guard!! For a small forward they are absolutely astronomical.

http://www.basketballreference.com/p...ilkid=BIRDLA01
Old 06-12-06, 12:03 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

He should never be compared to Larry Bird. Win 3 MVP's and 3 rings before those comparisions start.
Old 06-12-06, 12:04 AM
SpursReport Rookie

The man had court vision.
Old 06-12-06, 12:06 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

"Has the ability" means he could be better, not he is better. I don't think it's a big deal.
Old 06-12-06, 12:11 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jones
"Has the ability" means he could be better, not he is better. I don't think it's a big deal.
I guess my point was that you can’t learn to pass the way Larry did. You have it or you don't
Old 06-12-06, 12:34 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Bingo!!
Old 06-12-06, 12:38 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

The new great white hope.
Old 06-12-06, 01:12 AM
SpursReport Rookie

DaSlicer: Right on target! I heard it on ESPN Radio on the Dan Patrick Show last week. Reggie Miller thought his former teammate has been taken H.G.H. with that comment. What has Mark Jackson been smoking? Larry Bird had tougher competition (Magic Johnson and LA Lakers, MJ and Chicago Bulls, Dr. J and Philly 76ers) in the 1980's while Dirk Nowitzki faced San Antonio Spurs, Phoenix Suns and LA Lakers. First he said Kobe Bryant WILL be a far better player than Michael Jordan. Now Dirk Nowitzki will be a better player than Larry Bird? What's next Stephen Marbury is a better player than Magic Johnson?! Mark Jackson needs to think twice before coming out and making a bold statement like that.
Old 06-12-06, 01:39 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Dirk ain't no Hick from French Lick
Old 06-12-06, 01:42 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

They are very different players. Only similarities are that they are both white and they both won the 3pt competition.
Old 06-12-06, 07:21 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Mark Jackson has been spewing lots of garbage lately

he also firmly thinks Kobe is better than MJ
Old 06-12-06, 10:55 AM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Dirk is great, no doubt, but he cant touch Bird. He doesnt pass like bird and he doesnt even come CLOSE to his toughness. Hes a white dude that can shoot - thats where the similarities end.
Old 06-12-06, 05:32 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Mark Jackson is a perfect fit for ESPN. Take what he and other ESPN NBA analysts with a truck load of salt.
Old 06-12-06, 07:19 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Larry Bird never needed someone to light a fire under his butt, the guy came in with a vengeance and a desire to win that set him at odds with everyone who got in his way in his fight for a title. Dirk is a great player and maybe from this point on he will dominate like very few have before him, I think he finally gets it. But Dirk will be the next Dirk, not the next Bird.
Old 06-12-06, 07:37 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSlicer
He should never be compared to Larry Bird. Win 3 MVP's and 3 rings before those comparisions start.
how about win 1 title?