News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-11-06, 09:25 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

2006 NBA Finals, Game Two

Dallas looks like the champs, Miami looks like the Miami in mid-season who couldn't beat any of the good teams.

Dampier is outplaying Shaq.
Old 06-11-06, 09:27 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

What happended to Wade?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-11-06, 09:29 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Stackhouse came up HUGE!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-11-06, 09:48 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Shaq is a no show, Miami may get game 3 with the home crowd but right now I think Dallas in 5.
Old 06-11-06, 09:56 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Dampier with the dunk in transition.

When Dampier is getting things done against you, it's time to panic.
Old 06-11-06, 10:02 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Miami looks outclassed and Shaq is embarassing himself at the free throw line. I thought they were going to win this series, right now I feel pretty stupid.
Old 06-11-06, 10:58 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

It is a final, 99-85.

Six games at the most for the Mavs.

I can't wait for next year to stop this streak at one.

BTW, nice game Shaq.
Old 06-11-06, 11:00 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I felt it was gonna be 5 or 6 for mavs to win. Seems like its heading that way.
Old 06-11-06, 11:01 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

The real NBA finals was the Spurs/Mavs series.

The Mavs are now 4-0 this year against the Heat. Shaq looks old and lethargic out there against all that quickness and athleticism. The Heat are done. I wouldn't be surprised to see a sweep by the Mavs. The Heat just can't match up.

We should have known a team with Antoine Walker, Jason Williams and Gary Payton would be cursed.
Old 06-11-06, 11:15 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Give some credit to AJ guys. Shaq didn't play well but a large part of it can be contributed to a good defensive gameplan by AJ. Riley has been disappointing. Wait I said the same thing about Pop.... could AJ be outcoaching 2 HOF coaches in 1 year?
Old 06-11-06, 11:24 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Shaq has got to start making some free throws. Hes 2-16. The humiliation of going through a finals 4-32 or 6-60 or something like that(depending on how long this series goes) could be devastating for his psyche. Especially if they ever get back to this level, he would be a basketcase just worrying about getting fouled. I feel bad for the guy but he is really embarassing himself out there and its hard to watch. He's not even close on a lot of these.

Last edited by Quadzilla99; 06-11-06 at 11:30 PM.
Old 06-11-06, 11:27 PM
SpursReport Rookie

The Mavs are for real. Dampier deserves a freaking award! Go Mavs!
Old 06-11-06, 11:30 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

diff is the spurs and mavs have other guys who can contribute, the heat dont. just wade and shaq. and wade is looking way overrated in these finals, i never thought wade was the superstar behind lebron like people were saying but also didnt think he could be this bad...
Old 06-11-06, 11:33 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Shaq didn't play very well, but the Dallas D on him was terrific. They doubled him without the ball somewhat, they also doubled him the moment he puts the ball down. They mixed it up as far as who was supposed to do the doubleteam, so Shaq can't read the defense and pass to the right guy. And finally when he gets the ball deep there's another double team for him.

I haven't seen such good team D on the big fella in a very long time. Give the Mavs credit. But please, no more Cuban shots!!!
Old 06-12-06, 06:20 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

I dont see a sweep

Miami will win at least 2 of the next 3 home games. their a different team at home in the playoffs
Old 06-12-06, 09:58 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzG
I dont see a sweep

Miami will win at least 2 of the next 3 home games. their a different team at home in the playoffs
Yeah but are you gonna finally gonna admit that the Mavs will most likely win? Im not sure if they are gonna win 2 out of 3, but they would really need 3 out of 3 which has only happened once ever which was Pistons in 04.

The Mavs losing would have been sweet, but I never expected it to happen. maldoror is right the real finals was Spurs Mavs(which we should have won ).

Im happy though that Zo's quest for a ring was REJECTED. And that Shaq wont get another one.

Last edited by Spursfan2k5; 06-12-06 at 11:07 AM.
Old 06-12-06, 10:21 AM
SpursReport Team Member

All this tells me is that the Spurs lost in game 7 of the NBA finals about two weeks ago.
Old 06-12-06, 10:54 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzG
I dont see a sweep

Miami will win at MOST 2 of the next 3. They are a good team at home, but Dallas is good on the road - they won 2 road games each against Memphis, Spurs and Phoenix, and they closed out each of those series on the road.
Old 06-12-06, 11:01 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Yeah but are you gonna finally gonna admit that the Mavs will most likely win?
who cares? neither of are mav fans..I dont really need to admit anything about them

Their in a good spot right now but a series isnt won in 2 games. I would be totally shocked with a sweep though..Miami will win some at home

you know the old saying about A series doesn't start until someone loses a home game...Dallas is in great shape but I think this series is far from over and could at least get interesting before it ends
Old 06-12-06, 02:39 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoutheastTexas
The Mavs are for real. Dampier deserves a freaking award! Go Mavs!

Let's see what you're saying when we take it from you next year!!! GO SPURS GO!!!!!!!