News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 05-24-06, 11:28 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Boris Diaw

Can you please call up your bud tony and advise him how to handle clutch situations?

Thanks.

Anyhow, GO SUNS!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-24-06, 11:34 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
SpursReport Team Bench

Don't act stupid the guy is an SF and is a totally different player and the circumstances are different. Its easy to be clutch when there isn't much at stake considering nobody even picked the suns to win this series so they have no pressure. Its a lot different then playing in an intense game 7. Another stupid bash on Tony for no reason other then pure frustration.
SpursReport Rookie

I think he has surpassed Tony and officialy became the best french player.
Old 05-24-06, 11:36 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

I guess its not possible to praise Diaw without taking shots at Parker for no reason?
Old 05-24-06, 11:37 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juve

Not yet, geez people.
Old 05-24-06, 11:38 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juve
Diaw is clearly a better bball player than Tony Player. TP is a flashy, lightning quick player and a freakin layup machine but Diaw is just an efficient & amazing talented bball player.

Don't forget Diaw was French MVP at the last Euro Championship

Sucks Boris is not a Spur

Boris needs to develop more as a leader and as a nasty player. Sometimes he's too soft.

Last edited by FrenchTouch™; 05-24-06 at 11:40 PM.
Old 05-24-06, 11:39 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSlicer
Don't act stupid the guy is an SF and is a totally different player and the circumstances are different. Its easy to be clutch when there isn't much at stake considering nobody even picked the suns to win this series so they have no pressure. Its a lot different then playing in an intense game 7. Another stupid bash on Tony for no reason other then pure frustration.
i think it was a legit comment
i'm a big tp fan, but he seriously hasn't proven himself in big situations
Old 05-24-06, 11:42 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Parker has rings and was an all star this year. I dont think Diaw has surpased that yet IN the NBA. Good player though

Quote:
Originally Posted by mychang
Parker has hit big shots in playoff games. hell he hit big shots this year in the playoffs but people only remember his mistakes. Diaw hit a nice shot tonight but it was one shot.

its silly to even compare the two to begin with. not even the same position
Old 05-24-06, 11:43 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by mychang
Still comparisions are stupid regardless they really are dumb and besides they don't play teh same position. Diaw is a SF in the mold of a Scottie Pippen type no way you can compare him to Parker. Just a straight up retarded comparision plus Dirk is a crappy defender and he really exploited that tonight while in teh spurs series they couldn't do it because Dirk was always guarding Bowen.
Old 05-24-06, 11:44 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

To be fair....on a team that is more defense-oriented, Diaw wouldn't have that much of an impact. Put Parker on the Suns, and he'd average 25 a game easy. Put Diaw on the Pistons/Spurs....not anywhere close to the numbers he gets with Phoenix.
3.) I will never, in any situation, argue when I can discuss
Old 05-24-06, 11:56 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzG
Parker has rings and was an all star this year. I dont think Diaw has surpased that yet IN the NBA. Good player though

Parker has hit big shots in playoff games. hell he hit big shots this year in the playoffs but people only remember his mistakes. Diaw hit a nice shot tonight but it was one shot.

its silly to even compare the two to begin with. not even the same position
fair enough
i'm sure the original poster was half-joking anyways

but there is a reason the perception is there, you may see it differently though

and of course there is a difference between just a "big shot" and a "last shot"
Old 05-25-06, 12:11 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSlicer
Still comparisions are stupid regardless they really are dumb and besides they don't play teh same position.
That makes sense about comparing players at different positions,what i meant is that Diaw is clearly a more efficient player than tony is.Thats his first time in the playoffs and hes playing great under pressure unlike tony he has faded away year by year in big games.
Old 05-25-06, 12:26 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

How quickly people forget.

Not only do they play different positions, Suns also play a different kind of game than the Spurs do. I am sure the Diaw has made some bonehead plays and airballs as well. He is a very good player but not all star caliber yet. Tony played the entire dallas series with a severe thigh and hip injury as many may have conveniently forgotten.
Old 05-25-06, 12:37 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

wtf

Parker imo made one of the most important shots of your playoff run last year. It was eithr in the last minutes of game 7 or 6, he made a swooping layup that really changed the game and sparked the comeback.
Old 05-25-06, 12:49 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
wtf

Parker imo made one of the most important shots of your playoff run last year. It was eithr in the last minutes of game 7 or 6, he made a swooping layup that really changed the game and sparked the comeback.
That was in Game 7- Tony was well rested since Pop hd put Brent in for some time to steady the offense.
Old 05-25-06, 06:13 AM
SpursReport Rookie

boris is just amazing. very versatile and can influence the game in more than a way. this is not the case for tp.
anyway i love both of them and i think we have a very good core for the world championship this summer.
fortunately tp will be better than last year and who knows??
france for world champions !!!!