News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 05-24-06, 07:05 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Do the Spurs need a new uniform look?

As you can see I'm bored, so I dare ask the question. dont get me wrong I like the ones the SPURS wear, but do they need flare in them or should we just stick to plain black & white w/ a touch of gray. GO! SPURS! GO!

"I'm not the NORM. I'm ORIGINAL." --Tim Duncan
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-24-06, 07:06 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

This happens at the end of every other season.
Usually after the seasons we get eliminated.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-24-06, 07:06 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

What comes first - flames or photoshop featuring the old "Fiesta" colors?

Can't wait to find out!
Old 05-24-06, 07:09 PM
SpursReport Team Member

This topic comes up once a year or so...I would keep the unis the way they are, but I would like to see a third uni, like a throw back in gray, not like those hideous silver ones we had recently, but a nice gray uni with San Antonio across the front, instead of Spurs.
Old 05-24-06, 07:10 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

No more than we need to a new PA announcer and intro song IMO... Those should be first on the list of "changes".
Old 05-24-06, 07:11 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

NOPE, this one is classic...... I can't imagine a different uni.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 05-24-06, 07:16 PM
SpursReport Rookie

At least add a sweet spur on the back above the name and number like every other team has. Black is a great color though, don't change a thing. We're vintage.
Old 05-24-06, 07:16 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Nope. Its perfect. When we are on the road we are the BAD guys in BLACK. When we are at home we are the GOOD guys in white. Not a thing wrong with them uni's.
Love em and I dont ever want to see fiesta colors or any other stuff defacing a classic uniform.
Old 05-24-06, 07:19 PM

The colors are perfect, but maybe the style could be updated a little, like maybe to some kinda v-neck instead of the scoop. Pin stripes are always an option too.
Old 05-24-06, 07:50 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo_radley
The colors are perfect, but maybe the style could be updated a little, like maybe to some kinda v-neck instead of the scoop. Pin stripes are always an option too.
Thats what I was thinking...maybe a v-neck look with the same colors, but not the fiesta colors...something more hip & modern...

"I'm not the NORM. I'm ORIGINAL." --Tim Duncan
Old 05-24-06, 07:57 PM
SpursReport Rookie

V neck. Do it. Don't touch the rest!
Old 05-24-06, 07:58 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

It's gonna change eventually....gotta sell more jerseys...so maybe this is the year?
Old 05-24-06, 08:03 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR
They are classic and they are perfect. They'll stay the same except for some minor stuff for the forseeable future IMHO.
That's exactly how it goes with this team. For the 2002-03 season, the last time they changed the logo, the uniforms recieved (very) minor alterations.
Old 05-24-06, 08:08 PM
SpursReport Team Member

but the year after we changed them for the 2002-2003, we of course won it all....

but then in 2003-2004 we had the "flashback silver" jersies....and we all know the rest
Old 05-24-06, 08:37 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SOTEX
This topic comes up once a year or so...I would keep the unis the way they are, but I would like to see a third uni, like a throw back in gray, not like those hideous silver ones we had recently, but a nice gray uni with San Antonio across the front, instead of Spurs.
I thought the silver ones looked good. Hideous would be the gray Nets unis that they wore in the finals. If ours would look anything like that I don't want gray.
Old 05-24-06, 09:35 PM
SpursReport Rookie

V-Neck Sort-off like the lakers and add a spur in the back, on top of name
Old 05-24-06, 09:45 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Gray as in the late 1970's uni...ala the Iceman
Old 05-24-06, 09:50 PM
SpursReport Rookie

V-neck would be awsome....we also need a third jersey option.
Old 05-24-06, 09:57 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I like the idea of the same basic design we have now, BUT add the v-neck (which also means a different material for the jersey since most v-neck jerseys have that new "lighter weight" material) and add a Spurs logo to the back above the name!!
Old 05-24-06, 10:02 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Put "SAN ANTONIO" on the road blacks, bring back the Silver Saturday's to wear on special occasions, and leave the rest alone. I still haven't recovered from the taco cabana crap they did to our logo that now permamently stains my 1999 champions hat.
Old 05-24-06, 10:16 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotes_geek
Put "SAN ANTONIO" on the road blacks, bring back the Silver Saturday's to wear on special occasions, and leave the rest alone. I still haven't recovered from the taco cabana crap they did to our logo that now permamently stains my 1999 champions hat.
I only hope, as I've said before on this topic (and likely will every time it comes up), is that the "SAN ANTONIO" looks good. I like the idea, but on the '70's jerseys they looked like iron-on letters you can buy anywhere.

I'd like to see it - but only if someone comes up with a good font for "SAN ANTONIO".
Old 05-24-06, 10:26 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Not sure about changing the uniforms completely, but I have to say one thing that really pisses me off about the Mavs is the star they have on the back of their jerseys. It's like they have Cowboys envy and/or are saying they are THE team of the Lone Star state. I think we have a right to have a star on the back of our jerseys too.

Houston's welcome to add one too. I give them permission.
Old 05-24-06, 10:34 PM
SpursReport Rookie

the unis are great, just make a more v neck collar!!!!!!!!!! the current collar is ugly and too old school!!!!!

Coach Billy Gillispie loves UK, Dr Pepper, & the Spurs!
Old 05-24-06, 10:35 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Hell no. You start changing the uniform then it keeps changing.
Old 05-24-06, 11:39 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Throwback Jerseys are cool.....throwback shorts are a no no....

JUST SAY NO TO THE NUT HUGGERS!
Old 05-24-06, 11:51 PM
SpursReport Team Member

how about this???

Last edited by j_chantana; 05-25-06 at 12:01 AM.
Old 05-24-06, 11:55 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotes_geek
haha, the taco cabana joke is HILLARIOUS!!! btw after game 7 i went to cabana and bought a bruce bowen cup just to represent to some mavs fans that were there, haha i felt like a hardass
Old 05-25-06, 12:01 AM
SpursReport Rookie

An update is WAY overdue, keep the colors, get a v neck, and PLEASE change that lame looking font, it looks too freakin square, uninventive and western. It's cool that the Spurs are a low key team personality wise, and they get ignored by the media for that and being here deep in south Texas, but damn it's time for a change in the marketing dept.
Old 05-25-06, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_chantana
how about this???

bad font, but color's good
Old 05-25-06, 01:12 AM
SpursReport Rookie

You understand that when your main colors are black, silver, white and gray that you don't need to mess too much with the formula. The unis are some of the best in pro sports. The fiesta colors era was such a debacle because the logo was the only place we saw the colors. It's not like we ever trotted out in teal jerseys (thank God). Remember, for the last 20 years or so other teams in other sports have unveiled black jerseys and apparel as a marketing ploy. The field trends to the ones wearing black, not the other way around. The logo update for 2002-03 was perfect. We can play at the margins, but SA's corporate identity is great and resonates.

The Mavs did Cowboy up their colors after Cuban bought them. I like the "M" and their unis are cool. I actually don't like the compressed horse face/basketball logo. It looks like a Dali painting that still hasn't melted yet.
Old 05-25-06, 11:23 AM
SpursReport Team Member

V neck sucks - change nothing but go retro with black on black!! gervin style
Old 05-25-06, 03:22 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Mavs' logo sucks.
If they were truly mavericks, they would HAVE no logo because mavericks are, by definition, unbranded.

Of course, they also do not abide by any rules or regulations. Give them credit. They've got that down to a science.

Spurs' logo is great and their uni's are great too.

If anything needs changing, it's the intro music.
Old 05-25-06, 03:40 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I cannot comprehend why (in this age of retro jersey popularity) why this jersey has not been resurrected. It is so sweet...

...it might also be cool to do a red white and blue Chaps jersey, which is what the franchise was before it moved to SA.
Old 05-25-06, 06:24 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAScrub

I cannot comprehend why (in this age of retro jersey popularity) why this jersey has not been resurrected. It is so sweet...

...it might also be cool to do a red white and blue Chaps jersey, which is what the franchise was before it moved to SA.

brilliant. Chaps jersey would be awesome!
Old 05-25-06, 08:17 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by To be named later
No pin stripes....but the v-neck might look nice.

That's the only thing I've noticed about our uni's....the rounded neck never "lies" on their chest.

Usually all Tony has to do is use the neckband to wipe the sweat from his face a few times, and then the neck is a bent out of shape the rest of the game.

VVVV This is what I'm talking about VVVVV
Ah man, that pic just depressed me....what could have been.
Old 05-26-06, 10:09 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Oh hell yes change those things up. Keep the color scheme cuz its the best in the nba, go ahead with the v neck, keep logo, maybe a new style of numbers and lettering, and change the shorts a little. Oh yeah and i happen to like those silver ones they had. The throwback grey,silver,black and whites are also nice. Ones not to follow 1.Nets ugly grey with golf shirt print on the sides. 2.Anything penstripe3.Rockets plain Yao Ming style 3.Anything involving pastels ie. the spurs horrible paint stripe logo and the colors associated with it.
Old 05-26-06, 02:15 PM
SpursReport Rookie

i wonder how we can find out if this change is an actual possibility