News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 05-24-06, 12:11 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Kerr a Spurs h8tr?

Is it me or does Steve Kerr allways seem to bash the Spurs whenever he does commentary for their games. In game 7 he always would say that the Spurs got away with this foul or that call or that the Mavs shouldnt have been called for this and that. He even said that Duncan was indeed a whiner when talking about the Duncan vs Del Harris thing.He was all on Diops jock in the over time period. He constantly had praise for AJ while questioning Pops moves. I suppose hes trying to be a non-biased announcer but either he has no respect for his former championship team or hes trying too hard not to recognise their moments and players.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-24-06, 12:28 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Obviously, he went to media school, where you're told you have to hate the Spurs.
No, wait, I got it. He's a minority owner of the Suns, and he's still p!ssed the Spurs eliminated his team last year.
No, wait, I got it. He went to this year's Big Media Convention, where knew and better ways of bashing the Spurs were showcased.
No, wait, I got it...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-24-06, 12:28 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnac The Magnificent
Obviously, he went to media school, where you're told you have to hate the Spurs.
No, wait, I got it. He's a minority owner of the Suns, and he's still p!ssed the Spurs eliminated his team last year.
No, wait, I got it. He went to this year's Big Media Convention, where knew and better ways of bashing the Spurs were showcased.
No, wait, I got it...
Don't be h8ting Carnac.
Then chances are good that YOU ALMOST FREAKING KILLED ME IN THE PARKING LOT
Old 05-24-06, 12:31 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I like Steve Kerr and I think he did a great job. A lot of people were complaining about Hubie Brown during last year's finals but I thought he did a good job as well. I dunno. I think most of the time, the color-commentators talk about what the team that's trailing needs to do to get back into the game. During game 7, despite leading for almost the whole game, it was very evident that the Mavs were losing momentum. I imagine Kerr was just trying say what the Mavs needed to do to get the game back in control. Obviously, the Spurs doing the right thing, otherwise they would never have climbed back from 20 down.
Old 05-24-06, 12:39 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

I like Steve Kerr

but he tried to go overboard in game 7 on being objective.
Old 05-24-06, 12:50 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I can safely say I've yet to hear much from kerr that I disagreed with or that was blatantly biased against the spurs. However, he has put me to sleep a couple of times.
Old 05-24-06, 12:53 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

He really doesn't want to act like he's rooting for the Spurs, so instead he acts like he's rooting against them. Sometimes Sean does the same thing. Magic trashes the Lakers all the time. Only Barkley would keep praising the Suns like he's nothing to do with them.
Old 05-24-06, 01:04 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I miss the old days when I would "turn down the TV, and turn on WOAI." I wish they could fix that stupid time delay.

Once upon a time, giants ruled the earth....
Old 05-24-06, 01:10 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Kerr has given the spurs plenty of props
Old 05-24-06, 01:41 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I feel the same.

On another note...I also agree Duncan is becomming such a whiner its getting embarassing. I wish he would pick and choose his calls to whine about (and not make it EVERY call). Lebron is also headed in that same direction. I sometime wonder if these players *really* believe they don't foul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzG
I like Steve Kerr

Old 05-24-06, 01:52 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR
Well, Duncan DOES b!tch alot. Its simply a fact. People were angry at Harris because HIS players whine alot too, its the pot calling the kettle black.

And Diop played great defense on Tim in overtime after sitting for the entire game. Props were well deserved.

Well with as many times as he gets abused by the opposing teams players (aka hacks in the middle) I would react the same way when being called for a touch foul here and there. I mean hes not innocent of all calls but next to Shaq hes the most hacked player in the L.
Old 05-24-06, 01:58 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I like Steve Kerr a lot but he was getting me pretty mad with his game 7 commentary. he was all over the Mavs' jock.
Old 05-24-06, 02:06 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

mavs fans think he's pro-spurs. it's all in your point of view.

Dave McNulla
Spurs Fan

Tweet Me
Old 05-24-06, 02:14 PM
SpursReport Rookie

What I didn't understand was how Kerr was crapping himself about the FT disparity in the first three quarters. HELLO?!?!?!?!?!?! When all Dallas did was shoot jump shots, and all we did was go low to Timmy, this was totally expected.

Seemed pretty amateurish to not pick up on such a fundamental aspect of the game he was witnessing.

Very tool-like, IMHO.
Old 05-24-06, 02:16 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave McNulla
mavs fans think he's pro-spurs. it's all in your point of view.
Bingo.

I guess it's walking that fine line when both sides think you're shilling for the other team.
Old 05-24-06, 03:35 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Steve Kerr is not a spurs hater, PERIOD. What else is he suppose to say when the Spurs are getting their a$$ beat by 20. When the Spurs play like crap, he says it and when they play good he gives them their props. What else is he suppose to do?

Kerr likes the Spurs and he predicted them to win the series.
Old 05-24-06, 08:20 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzG
I like Steve Kerr

Close to being a Mavs homer ------ in my humble opinion
Old 05-24-06, 08:24 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I think it was Bob Costas who said something along the lines of "you know you're truly being objective when you get the same number of people on each side complaining that you're biased against them". No person can ever truly be without bias, but I think Kerr does a better job than most at being objective.

I'd also have to say that any bias Kerr would have would be in the Spurs favor. He won 2 rings here and is a Spurs legend. Why would he go out of his way to bash us unfairly?
Old 05-26-06, 12:35 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Kerr better hope he doesnt run into me or I will punch him in the nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Everything out of his mouth was either Anti-Spurs or Pro Mavs. No exageration, everything!!!!!!!!!!!! Whatever his reason; being a former Spur player, hitting big shots against the Mavs, or just having no balls, it was not acceptable.
Old 05-26-06, 08:34 AM
The Master Baiter

Duncan does whine alot about calls, usually. But I noticed that from game 5 on he kept his mouth shut unless it was a totally blatant bad call. Props to Duncan, he is better than complaining all the time.
Old 05-26-06, 08:50 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

If anyone hasn't noticed, almost every player in the league "whines" and politicks. It's part of the game. The day a player doesn't whine is the day this league doesn't operate any longer.
Old 05-26-06, 04:31 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

I thought he was right about a lot of stuff. His comments about how going to the small ball lineup was hurting the Spurs was right on and something that a lot of media types failed to notice. His comments about Malik were also right on. And if the story line wasn't to our liking, then thank Pop for that. The fact is that the Mavs made Pop play their kind of game. Something that Phoenix, the old Mavs, the Kings, the Lakers, the Pistons, the Nets, and the 99 Knicks could not do. The question we have to ask ourselves, and that only Pop can answer is why now?
Old 05-26-06, 06:44 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Tim does whine more than he should but so do a whole bunch of other players. We notice his behavior cuz we watch him play all the time.

kerr is not a SPURS hater. He is very objective. As for Game 7.. there wasn't much good to say about the SPURS for most of the game. I still can't believe they almost pulled it off