Rodney Carney

http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/Draft...dneycarney.htm

College: Memphis

Class: Senior

Stats: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player...playerId=10987

Position: SG/SF

Height: 6’7”

Weight: 205lbs

Accolades: Conference USA All-Freshman Team (03), All-Conference USA Second Team (05), NABC All-District 7 (05).

Scouting Report: An amazing athlete that can dominate a game at both ends of the floor. An ESPN Sportscenter editors dream.

Strengths: Defense. Can lock down the opposition with his speed and long reach. Held J.J. Redick to 3 points in the second half versus Duke this year. Incredibly athletic – great speed and incredible ups (is a high jump champion). Can knock down the long range shot and also score on mid range floaters. Excels in fast break situations. Has an all-around, fairly complete game.

Weaknesses: Can be inconsistent at times. Forces up (and settles) for the outside shot too often sometimes. Needs to bulk up a bit. Ball handling/passing ability needs work to play the wing in the NBA.

Projected 2006 Draft Range: Top 10 pick.

Consensus: Carney’s incredible athletic ability, experience and defensive prowess makes him an ideal NBA player. Throw in his ability to knock down the three and his amazing fast breaking ability and that puts him heads and shoulders above many of this year’s prospects.

Current NBA Mock Draft Position

I like whats been said about this guy! High Jump Champion
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-23-06, 10:32 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Who are we going to give up to get in the top 10? It would have to be one of the big 3 which won't happen.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-23-06, 10:33 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Empty
I like whats been said about this guy! High Jump Champion
Yeah, and I'd like to do Eva... so what's your point?
fleetwood macbull (from a Bulls' board), on Andrés "Chapu" Nocioni: "Noc is like that guy from Monty Python. They can cut off his arms, his hands, his feet, then his legs, but he still comes rolling his torso at you like he's going to destroy you"
Old 05-23-06, 10:39 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg06
Yeah, and I'd like to do Eva... so what's your point?
Its offseason. I'm allowed to dream.