News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-06, 03:31 PM
MomBear

If anyone is interested... Pop Show 5/23

4:30 pm today....You know the drill....
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-23-06, 04:08 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Who was the ref standing under the basket on the last play of regulation?

Tim was clearly fouled by Diop on the play, and the ref swallowed the whistle. Tim should have had two free throws, and that would have been that. Spurs advance, Dallas goes home.

Anybody know?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-23-06, 04:10 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Pop will say that he'll try to trade for Jax and sign Speedy and Big Dog
Old 05-23-06, 04:12 PM
SpursReport Team Member

"thanks for taking my call, pop"

"sure"

"say, do you ever check out spursreport.com? there are quite a few people on there with opinions and i was wondering if you've ever..."

Old 05-23-06, 04:13 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackalope
"thanks for taking my call, pop"

"sure"

"say, do you ever check out spursreport.com? there are quite a few people on there with opinions and i was wondering if you've ever..."

Old 05-23-06, 04:23 PM
SpursReport Team Member

it shouldn't even be called the pop show, it should be called the Harris-Vexler dueling monlogue show with them rambling on and on before Pop gets to respond.
Old 05-23-06, 04:28 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Pop will be just fine. Retune for next year. It's our year 07.
Old 05-23-06, 04:31 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainlate
Pop will be just fine. Retune for next year. It's our year 07.
I really hope that Small Ball crap was a due to a lack of personal that can be address and not his new philosphy against the Mavericks.
Old 05-23-06, 04:31 PM
SpursReport Team Member

A Man to do this the day after. ANOTHER reason I think he is a great coach.
Old 05-23-06, 04:32 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Coach Pop,
You coached this team for 82 games, every practice this year, shoot every year since you became coach, towards a defensive style that forces people to the baseline where it is harder to make shots and even harder with two seven footers in your way. Why would you change your style all of the sudden? You are playing into the Mavs hands, they are a better small ball team than the Spurs are. You answered by asking who would Rasho or Nazi guard, who would guard them? You also stated that they had not played well, but you played Nick Van Excel who has been off all year.
Old 05-23-06, 05:19 PM
SpursReport Team Member

]Coach Pop,
You coached this team for 82 games, every practice this year, shoot every year since you became coach, towards a defensive style that forces people to the baseline where it is harder to make shots and even harder with two seven footers in your way. Why would you change your style all of the sudden? You are playing into the Mavs hands, they are a better small ball team than the Spurs are. You answered by asking who would Rasho or Nazi guard, who would guard them? You also stated that they had not played well, but you played Nick Van Excel who has been off all year.[/quote]

We've already established what you are, ma'am. Now we're just haggling over the price.
--George Bernard Shaw

Las Putas al poder,porque con los Hijos no nos fue bien.
Old 05-23-06, 05:21 PM
Play-By-Play Moderator

Quote:
You answered by asking who would Rasho or Nazi guard, who would guard them?
Please tell me your joking right???
Old 05-23-06, 05:45 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Pop said the guys are really disappointed

You can fell it on Pop’s voice

Pop said he’ll try to find a D.Mckey type of guy

Said Mahini is not ready
Old 05-23-06, 05:59 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Not said much about Javkotas and Scola

Pop explained that he gives NVE minutes because of his experience

He said he doesn't know why but TP lost confidence in his Js in the playoffs. Will work to improve the 3PT shoots and be a better leader on the court.

Will talk with Nazr agent because “we didn’t play Dallas every game”.
Old 05-23-06, 06:02 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs Brazil

Will talk with Nazr agent because “we didn’t play Dallas every game”.
Wow, that's really surprising. Didn't sound like Nazr wanted to come back from the rumors (which could be wrong), but Nazr didn't play in the Sacramento series either after he lost his starting spot in game 3.
Old 05-23-06, 06:04 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I think Nazr is gone... He can not only get more money somewhere else, but more playing time also.
Old 05-23-06, 06:06 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCdac
I think Nazr is gone... He can not only get more money somewhere else, but more playing time also.
Jerry West really likes him, i think. He might fit with Memphis too if they can afford him.
Old 05-23-06, 06:08 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krycek1
Jerry West really likes him, i think. He might fit with Memphis too if they can afford him.
From what I understand, there's numerous teams with an eye on him.
Old 05-23-06, 06:09 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCdac
From what I understand, there's numerous teams with an eye on him.
Yeah, I just don't see him coming back. I guess Pop was just saying the Politically correct thing.
Old 05-23-06, 06:13 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

I think it will be Rasho or Nazr.

No way both are in SA next season
Old 05-23-06, 06:14 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Nazr is most likely to go. He's an unrestricted FA. Sounds like he's mad at SA now for taking him out of the rotation and being in and out through most of the year.
Old 05-23-06, 06:15 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krycek1
Yeah, I just don't see him coming back. I guess Pop was just saying the Politically correct thing.
Probably,
Old 05-23-06, 07:05 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Was I mistaken, or did DALL-ASS rotate multiple bigs throughout the series? How can you bring in a guy STRICTLY for rebounding and shot blocking and not use him in a series involving shot blocker and long-armed forwards?
Old 05-23-06, 07:14 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

prob was that they played Dirk at the 4 instead of the 3. Or they would play no centers with Van Horn.

They've been wanting todo this for a few years but the personnel never excelled in this regard (That tall white dude in boston now, WAlker, Jamison, who else?).

So they basically played small ball as well except that Dirk isn't small.