News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 05-23-06, 03:14 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Just remember Spurs Fans.......

Random thoughts going into my head after this game:

We are still the most successful franchise since 1998 until proven otherwise.

San Antonio Spurs: (438-210) 67.5% regular season record, playoff record: (76-47) 62.3% 3 NBA CHAMPIONSHIPS.

We were highly fortunate to have the ping pong ball to go our way, and to have Duncan on our team.

Having trouble sleeping? Put in your 2005 DVD and enjoy the championships that you experienced. That year the basketball gods were with us.

You can't win every year, but you can win the next. Expect the Spurs to make a nice offseason acquisition and get back in the saddle for 2006/2007!!!
Old 05-23-06, 03:15 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Win for Fin in '07
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-23-06, 03:17 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilite Kid
Win for Fin in '07
uhh, don't even remind me. I hate when the good classy guy gets the raw end of the deal. That's what made the 2003 championship so great with David going out on top but we'll have to see.

I might punch though my TV at the first analysis to say "but the Spurs haven't won back to back titles".
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-23-06, 03:24 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krycek1
I might punch though my TV at the first analysis to say "but the Spurs haven't won back to back titles".
And how many titles have the Mavs won?
The kings?
The suns?
The jazz?
The trailblazers?
The hornets?
The heat?
The cavs?

I could keep on going. The point is, at least we've given ourselves OPPORTUNTIES to repeat by at least winning the entire god damn thing!
Old 05-23-06, 03:30 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzKriegBop
And how many titles have the Mavs won?
The kings?
The suns?
The jazz?
The trailblazers?
The hornets?
The heat?
The cavs?

I could keep on going. The point is, at least we've given ourselves OPPORTUNTIES to repeat by at least winning the entire god damn thing!
I know that, but doesn't mean we're not going to hear it until forever. That's pretty much the last thing they have left to tear into us for after the whole "boring" B.S. that Steven A. Smith lives by.
Old 05-23-06, 03:32 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
I know that, but doesn't mean we're not going to hear it until forever. That's pretty much the last thing they have left to tear into us for after the whole "boring" B.S. that Steven A. Smith lives by.
Yeah but when you think about it, the spurs are never going to get their due. The media will always be biased towards the small market spurs. That's just the way it goes. We could 4 peat and they'd still have something to pick with us. For now, let's enjoy what we have. Besides, we have at least 3-4 more good years left in Tim. Whose to say we don't repeat by then?
Old 05-23-06, 03:37 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Spurs will be on a "mission" next year and win 70 games and the title.
Old 05-23-06, 03:39 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I definitly can't sleep and I too hate it when nice guys finish last, it is not right. Like many of you I put my heart and soul into this team and I can't stand to think that it is over a little prematurely. I feel this horrible, and I am a fan, I can't imagine what the team must be feeling right now. I am definitly greatful for what the Spurs have done and the run they have been on, I just don't like it when nice guys work so hard only to fall short to a bunch of arrogant people.
Old 05-23-06, 03:39 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzKriegBop
That's just the way it goes. We could 4 peat and they'd still have something to pick with us. For now, let's enjoy what we have. Besides, we have at least 3-4 more good years left in Tim. Whose to say we don't repeat by then?
I don't agree with that. If the Spurs 4 peated, they would get their due. That's the thing about the media. You can't tease them, if you continue to win year after year after year, they buy into you. The media doesn't buy into the Spurs because they haven't proven they can do it. Still, it's a good problem to have and I'm not complaining and I'm very proud of the team (not the coaching staff) but still dissappointed.
Old 05-23-06, 03:47 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahoopster
I definitly can't sleep and I too hate it when nice guys finish last, it is not right. Like many of you I put my heart and soul into this team and I can't stand to think that it is over a little prematurely. I feel this horrible, and I am a fan, I can't imagine what the team must be feeling right now. I am definitly greatful for what the Spurs have done and the run they have been on, I just don't like it when nice guys work so hard only to fall short to a bunch of arrogant people.

Quote:
I don't agree with that. If the Spurs 4 peated, they would get their due. That's the thing about the media. You can't tease them, if you continue to win year after year after year, they buy into you. The media doesn't buy into the Spurs because they haven't proven they can do it. Still, it's a good problem to have and I'm not complaining and I'm very proud of the team (not the coaching staff) but still dissappointed.
Yeah but the first two attempts at repeating were a long shot. Tim's injury in 00, and a big part of the 03 team either leaving via FA or retirement.

This was our first legitimate chance to do it, and even then, Tim was injured nearly the whole season, Manu's injuries didn't really get him in rhythm, and nearly everything went against us.

Yeah, it does suck, but I still think we can win it all next year and see what happens the year after.

I'm just tired of some people on here thinking that the window is closed. As long as Pop & RC make the right moves (and not in terms of x's and o's, because God knows how disappointing pop was in that field), we're good to go.
Old 05-23-06, 03:48 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

It is not so much the small market as it is offense. The boring label started because of defense. The low ratings was due to defense and fundamental play. Stern believes the higher scoring games will bring in more viewers. So the handcheck rule was implemented. Those calls are made more than fouls committed when posting up in the paint. Next, with a little more help from the refs, teams who score high and showboat get more assistance in winning than defensive teams.

Yea, being a small market is only part of it. dallas is a large market. They also are a high scoring team. Same with Phoenix. Even Detroit has become a high scoring team this year.

Shaq was getting a lot of fouls against him this playoffs. So was Timmy. Both are post players. Fouls committed against them were sporadically called, even when the physicality was high. This is another move to encourage guard friendly play and discourage post play. This is how the league changes the game.

The Spurs will need to react and get younger athletic guards and a strong SF in order to compete next year. Some teams may be trying to emulate us on defense, but they are still focused on guard play.

IMO.
Old 05-23-06, 08:27 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

The Spurs have 3 titles and nothing can take that away

Not winning this year doesnt make the 2005 title mean any less whatsoever

SA is going to be top contenders for years to come
Old 05-23-06, 10:17 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

why did the spurs play so much small ball?
Old 05-23-06, 10:28 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnificent
why did the spurs play so much small ball?

shut. up.
Old 05-23-06, 11:41 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Every NBA fan forum has their opinion on the Spurs and their "Dynasty". Their question seems to be "Are the Spurs a Dynasty if they never repeat"?
Old 05-23-06, 01:31 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I've never bought into the whole year after year championship makes a team a dynasty. F the national press.

I'll take 'em just as we got 'em . . . one a time. I appreciate them so much more this way.

I love my Spurs and love what they do for my city.

Spurs in '07
Old 05-23-06, 01:39 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

i would agree to just admitting to the loss and moving on to next year. i would even agree with acknowledging the spurs success over the years. you're right, the spurs have done a great job and have been about as consistant as the 3-peat lakers over the years.