News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 05-23-06, 12:55 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Thanks To Michael Finley

Thank you Mike. I really, really wanted to win for the faith you put in us. I'm sad that we came up short but totally grateful that you're on this side of the street.

I hope you're not feeling like you made a mistake. I think you'll see the fans, the city and the team gear back up to start lining up the butt kickings for next year.

With a little luck, no one will get hurt seriously and we'll be ready to rock come playoffs in 2007.

Stick around a while Mike and get to know us a little better. We're not Chicago, but I think you'll find that we have your back and will always be willing to slide a chair over and invite you to the table.

Thanks man. Can't wait until next year!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-23-06, 12:57 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Yeah, Thanks Mike. You showed guts to the end.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-23-06, 12:57 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

We love Finley!
Then chances are good that YOU ALMOST FREAKING KILLED ME IN THE PARKING LOT
Old 05-23-06, 01:02 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Finley is great. I'm glad he's a Spur. He will get his ring with us. Book it.
Old 05-23-06, 01:03 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

One More Year !!
Old 05-23-06, 01:06 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Deimos
We love Finley!

"Today's game is style over substance. He's the opposite. He's substance over style. I think he's appreciated. I don't think he's adored."
Dave Odom, Duncan's college coach
Old 05-23-06, 01:06 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I was slow getting on the Finley bandwagon, but glad I finally came to my senses. He has the game, the class...and the clothes--glad he's a Spur for a few more years. Only wish they could have won him a ring this year (and that he could have gotten another poster-perfect dunk over Dampier).
Old 05-23-06, 01:08 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Micheal Finley is a trooper and a class act.

I hope he's ready next season. I really like him having a 3rd or 4th scorer role, as oppose to just another player coming off the bench. He deserved the minutes he got in these games, and he'll deserve them next year imo.
Old 05-23-06, 01:25 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Mike Finley is a good dude; it would be in the Spurs' best interests to retain him.
Old 05-23-06, 01:37 AM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Michael Finley will win a championship here before anyone does so in Dallas.
Old 05-23-06, 01:43 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Finley wears the colors well. He'll get rewarded with a ring for doing so.
Old 05-23-06, 01:49 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

I love FINLEY!!!!!!!!! Great playoffs and late season for him, he adapted well late.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 05-23-06, 01:51 AM
SpursReport Team Member

finley played like a monster, he stepped up big time, it was almost like seeing him in his rookie season again, with the power dunks.
dont worry mike, we will get you a title, and will put out dallas once and for all in doing so.
Old 05-23-06, 01:57 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Spurs fans, don't get too carried away. Fin is a good guy, you're right. But the Mike Finley who made huge shots in this series never showed up in the playoffs in his entire career in Dallas. Think back to Spurs-Mavs series in the past...were you afraid when Mike Finley had the ball in crunch time? Fin was amped for this series, and played much better than anyone could have expected. Hats off. But the rawness of this rivalry will wear off for him, and it will be back to the way it used to be. Don't get your hopes too high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerslave
finley played like a monster, he stepped up big time, it was almost like seeing him in his rookie season again, with the power dunks.
dont worry mike, we will get you a title, and will put out dallas once and for all in doing so.
Old 05-23-06, 03:07 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

i luv fin, one of the few bench guys that actually did good this series...hope he stays w us nxt season
Old 05-23-06, 03:13 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjlawler
Spurs fans, don't get too carried away. Fin is a good guy, you're right. But the Mike Finley who made huge shots in this series never showed up in the playoffs in his entire career in Dallas. Think back to Spurs-Mavs series in the past...were you afraid when Mike Finley had the ball in crunch time? Fin was amped for this series, and played much better than anyone could have expected. Hats off. But the rawness of this rivalry will wear off for him, and it will be back to the way it used to be. Don't get your hopes too high.
Finley made the game winner in game 1 of the 2003 western conference finals, I don't see why a guy witha 20ppg scoring average can't have another similar series when he's needed. Not expecting a repeat of how well he played this series but he can certainly be useful.
Old 05-23-06, 03:14 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Thank you Finley. Don't worry, you will win a ring with us next year. Also, your previous team will not win the championship this year. They are no match for Detroit so they will just hurt even more than us when they are eliminated.
Old 05-23-06, 06:31 AM
The Amazing!

FInley's a killer( I mean that in a good way ;).
Old 05-23-06, 06:39 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I love this guy.I hope he retires a Spurs.Maybe with a ring or two.
Old 05-23-06, 06:45 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Finley...you showed you belong this year. How you handled yourself in this series--all class.
Dallas won't be getting rings this year, and by next year, you'll have shaken any feelings you had for your former team, if you haven't already! Before you know it, they'll be taking your ring size for the 2007 Champion Spurs!!!