News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-06, 11:22 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Nazr... What he said on the way out

Report from credible source at the arena.
On the way out, Nazr was heard to say:

"Thank God!
I'm out of here."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-22-06, 11:23 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Can't say I blame him. Not really.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
SpursReport Team Member

Say what?
SpursReport Team Bench

Bye Nazr.
Then chances are good that YOU ALMOST FREAKING KILLED ME IN THE PARKING LOT
SpursReport Team Member

and don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out.
Old 05-22-06, 11:24 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurssheriff

Pop screwed him the whole season.

He was a big reason we won back in 05.
SpursReport Team Starter

nazr has david blaine beat.....blaine doesnt know how to disappear yet.
SpursReport Team Starter

How hilarious is it that most Spurs fans feel EXACTLY the same way! Go fumble passes elsewhere and get grossly overpaid for doing so.
SpursReport Team Member

We loved Nazr while he was here, too bad things seemed to go sour at the end. He was valuable last year and parts of this year. Its sad it had to end this way.
SpursReport Team Starter

If true, then what an @ss.
SpursReport Team Member

he takes those frying pans off his hands and he would be a pretty good player.
Old 05-22-06, 11:25 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Location: The capital of Texas...that's right...Sunset Valley

I'm not the kind of person that likes to say goodbye...

...so let's just say good riddance.

"Married men live longer. Yes. And an indoor cat also lives longer. It's a furball with a broken spirit, that can only look out on a world it can never enjoy. But it does technically live longer." - Bill Maher
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOM21
nazr has david blaine beat.....blaine doesnt know how to disappear yet.
SpursReport Team Member

He played like crap this season....so buh-bye to you.
SpursReport Team Member

THANKS POP
SpursReport Rookie

I don't get the Nazi hate mail. I never thought he was Bill Russell, but he sure as hell helped out against the Pistons.

What happend between he and Pop? Is this one of the famous "you're in the dog house but I'm not telling you why" moments form Pop?

I wouldn't mind seeing him back.
Old 05-22-06, 11:27 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

The source wouldn't make this up. And it is certainly not a stretch to believe. We'll see how it plays out.
Old 05-22-06, 11:28 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzKriegBop
Pop screwed him the whole season.

He was a big reason we won back in 05.
First of all..if he said that...the good riddence. The Spurs dont need that around the lockerroom

secondly...Nazr never showed at any point this season he was the same guy as 2005. He started off slow in training camp and never got it together for a extended period

This BS about Pop screwing him is hilarious. This guy was in a contract year and at times didnt show the effort or the desire to step up his game when he was out on the court. Sometimes you have to put something on a player. Pop didnt think he fit in this series but its not Pop's fault Nazr had a poor season. He started off the year on a bad note and it never seemed to get better
Old 05-22-06, 11:29 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRJ
I don't know how one could prove a comment like that.
Your new SN is gonna take some getting used to
Old 05-22-06, 11:31 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Remember when Cherokee Parks was overheard saying the same sort of thing to his buddies in L.A. when the Spurs got eliminated?

Buddy: "How is it going?"

Cherokee: "San Antonio sucks a**! Can't wait to out of here."

He was gone immediately after.

Similar situation here, looks like.
Old 05-22-06, 11:31 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

This should be locked ... are some posters sources more credible than others or what???
Old 05-22-06, 11:32 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I'd be frikin pissed too...not even given a chance after contributing to 53 win season...f that....
Old 05-22-06, 11:32 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scol
are some posters sources more credible than others or what???
You bet!
Old 05-22-06, 11:34 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

oh well....

I mean he didn't do much, and should give us some cap leverage.

I don't mean to put a positive spin, but it may have nothing to do with the Spurs? we may never know exactly what the reference means. I never really thought we would resign him however I don't think he can ask for too much money....
MomBear

Quote:
You bet!
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzG
First of all..if he said that...the good riddence. The Spurs dont need that around the lockerroom

secondly...Nazr never showed at any point this season he was the same guy as 2005. He started off slow in training camp and never got it together for a extended period

This BS about Pop screwing him is hilarious. This guy was in a contract year and at times didnt show the effort or the desire to step up his game when he was out on the court. Sometimes you have to put something on a player. Pop didnt think he fit in this series but its not Pop's fault Nazr had a poor season. He started off the year on a bad note and it never seemed to get better

I pretty much watched every single spurs game this season and there were maybe only 2 or 3 games that I thought Nazr played well. He was not the player he was last year, that's for SURE. Good riddance if he feels that way.

You earn your playing time on this team and that's they way it should always be... unless your last name ends with Duncan, Ginobili, Parker or Finley. Finley earned his wings.
Old 05-22-06, 11:37 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Nazr had a chance to extend his contract with the Spurs. The moment he said he's take his chances in the free agent market and declined the offe, he got on Pop's sh*t list.

The Spurs decided that they were going to make sure not to give him any opportunities to showcase for a better contract somewhere.

Can you blame the guy for being pissed?
SpursReport Team Veteran

Nazr was playing well, became a starter again, then quickly sent back to the doghouse with a few mistakes. He was not allowed to prove himself against the Mavs, because Pop can't figure out how to beat AJ with a traditional lineup. It's not just Nazr, Rasho also was not allowed to prove himself. Don't tell me anything about 'they've to earn their minutes' crap because they're never allowed to be on the floor for more than 20 minutes a game at least once. NOT ONCE. You can't earn your presence if you're never given the chance to get into the rythum. And yes most players need at least 20 minutes in a game to do that.
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Deimos
Your new SN is gonna take some getting used to
Really. It takes me a second when I'm looking through the Feedback page.

Quote:
Remember when Cherokee Parks was overheard saying the same sort of thing to his buddies in L.A. when the Spurs got eliminated?

Buddy: "How is it going?"

Cherokee: "San Antonio sucks a**! Can't wait to out of here."

He was gone immediately after.

Similar situation here, looks like.
In fairness, you don't keep a Cherokee Parks around if his attitude is good.
Old 05-22-06, 11:40 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilite Kid

I pretty much watched every single spurs game this season and there were maybe only 2 or 3 games that I thought Nazr played well. .
You're kidding if you think Nazr played only 2 or 3 good games and Pop would actually let him became the starter again.

Quote:
Nazr had a chance to extend his contract with the Spurs. The moment he said he's take his chances in the free agent market and declined the offe, he got on Pop's sh*t list.

The Spurs decided that they were going to make sure not to give him any opportunities to showcase for a better contract somewhere.

Can you blame the guy for being pissed?
To be fair Rasho was given the same treatment. IMO it's more about Pop's inability to figure out how to play big men against quick teams then the contract situation, at least that seems to be the case during the playoffs.
Old 05-22-06, 11:40 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
I don't either.
Old 05-22-06, 11:41 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Nazr had a chance to extend his contract with the Spurs. The moment he said he's take his chances in the free agent market, he got on Pop's sh*t list. The Spurs were going to make sure not to give him any opportunities to showcase for a better contract somewhere, Can you blame the guy for being pissed?
Then why did Pop put him back in to the starting lineup at the end of the regular season? Why not just bury him on the bench all year? Nazr got opportunities.

I just can't see this thing being anything more than Pop playing the guys he thought gave the team the best chance to win, and Nazr NOT being one of those guys. If Nazr couldn't handle that then too bad for him.
Old 05-22-06, 11:42 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I am one of Nazr's biggest supporters. If what he said is true, then i'm kind of dissapointed that he said that but at the same time I don't blame him because he wasn't really given a chance in this series to contribute. But then again, He averaged 17 mins, 5.25 points and 3 rebounds vs the 4 games that we faced the Mavs in the regular season. so I dont know how much of a difference he would've made anyway.

but it's just weird that Dampier, Diop, Keith Van Horn couldn't contain Duncan yet they still got playing time , yet we couldn't do the same with NAzr and Rasho guarding Dirk. But that's :

Last edited by spurs000001; 05-22-06 at 11:45 PM.
Old 05-22-06, 11:42 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinson50
Nazr was playing well, became a starter again, then quickly sent back to the doghouse with a few mistakes. He was not allowed to prove himself against the Mavs, because Pop can't figure out how to beat AJ with a traditional lineup. It's not just Nazr, Rasho also was not allowed to prove himself. Don't tell me anything about 'they've to earn their minutes' crap because they're never allowed to be on the floor for more than 20 minutes a game at least once. NOT ONCE. You can't earn your presence if you're never given the chance to get into the rythum. And yes most players need at least 20 minutes in a game to do that.
We played just played a 60 win team. This was NOT the time for anyone to be given a chance or to have a try out. Who were Rasho and Nazr going to guard? If anyone can come up with a scenario where Rasho or Nazr are on the floor and Duncan does not have to guard Dirk, Howard, Terry, Stackhouse or Harris than I'll say you're a better coach than Pop.
Old 05-22-06, 11:43 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I saw Nazr leaving the parking lot in a big hurry. Pop forgot to dance with the girl he brought to the prom. We were out coached. Nazr is a competitor who had to sit and watch his team be beat. Frankly, I dont question Nazr, I question others.
Old 05-22-06, 11:44 PM
SpursReport Team Member

In the long run, the only person Nahr hurt was himself. So I guess he will have to wait until the off season to see if it was worth it or not. I have a feeling it wasn't.
Old 05-22-06, 11:46 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Whatever happened, it's pretty clear that Nazr was not capable of guarding Nowitzki.

Thanks Nazr (for '05).

Once upon a time, giants ruled the earth....
Old 05-22-06, 11:48 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotes_geek
Then why did Pop put him back in to the starting lineup at the end of the regular season? Why not just bury him on the bench all year? Nazr got opportunities.
Pop was force to play Nazr as a starter, he even said something like that himself. He said Nazr was playing too well at that time he didn't have a choice.
Old 05-22-06, 11:48 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by highplainsspur
Whatever happened, it's pretty clear that Nazr was not capable of guarding Nowitzki.

Thanks Nazr (for '05).
we'll pay for it now, no 1st round draft pick when there are some good PGs we could hav used.
Old 05-22-06, 11:49 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Oh Give me a break. Rasho has had years to prove himself. I've never hated Rasho but lets not act like he hasnt had time..and a lot of it

Nazr didnt play that well this year and he didnt play that well down the stretch of the season which Pop actually mentioned...yet he got put back in the starting lineup. If Pop were trying to hide the guy or whatever that would have never happened

People have bashed Rasho and Nazr around here forever. now that it looks like Nazr isnt coming back its Pop's fault? gimme a break. Nazr played well last year but no one can say he looked like the same player this season..even when he was given time out on the court. he got opportunities. Usually players in a contract year play their best
Old 05-22-06, 11:49 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilite Kid
We played just played a 60 win team. This was NOT the time for anyone to be given a chance or to have a try out.
Not the time, if we actually figured out how to stop the Mavs without them. But we didn't, we're giving up a lot of layups and rebounds to the Mavs the whole series.

Quote:
Who were Rasho and Nazr going to guard? If anyone can come up with a scenario where Rasho or Nazr are on the floor and Duncan does not have to guard Dirk, Howard, Terry, Stackhouse or Harris than I'll say you're a better coach than Pop.
Hello? This has been beaten to death. ZONE.
Old 05-22-06, 11:51 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I never liked him. He's got a very ugly shot, bad hands, and the lowest bball iq of anyone on the team. That said, I can't blame him for saying that. He's on a team where every single player is smarter than him and he's constantly being told where to go, what to do. It must get frustrating. Look where he's coming from; Isiah didn't even want him. Whatever happens though, don't just let him walk. S&T him for someone of value. There's going to be some demand for a big man like him. This is a good opportunity. Usually nobody wants our players.
Old 05-22-06, 11:51 PM
SpursReport Rookie

forget nazr, scola will be here next season, the area of emphisis, a back up pg who can defend, i.e. lindsay hunter
Old 05-22-06, 11:52 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Pop was force to play Nazr as a starter, he even said something like that himself. He said Nazr was playing too well at that time he didn't have a choice.
He's Pop. He always has the choice. Pop chose to give Nazr an opportunity.
Old 05-22-06, 11:52 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
Oh Give me a break. Rasho has had years to prove himself. I've never hated Rasho but lets not act like he hasnt had time..and a lot of it
He was not given the chance against the Mavs, period.

Quote:
Nazr didnt play that well this year and he didnt play that well down the stretch of the season which Pop actually mentioned...yet he got put back in the starting lineup. If Pop were trying to hide the guy or whatever that would have never happened
Woo you're twisting the facts. Nazr was not given the starter job because Pop wanted to help him. Nazr was playing too well Pop didn't have a choice.

Quote:
People have bashed Rasho and Nazr around here forever. now that it looks like Nazr isnt coming back its Pop's fault? gimme a break. Nazr played well last year but no one can say he looked like the same player this season..even when he was given time out on the court. he got opportunities. Usually players in a contract year play their best
It's not Pop's fault if Nazr isn't coming back. But it's Pop's fault for never playing Nazr/Rasho during the Mavs series.
Old 05-22-06, 11:53 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameFan2k5
we'll pay for it now, no 1st round draft pick when there are some good PGs we could hav used.
Are those good point guards going to be around at the #29 spot, because that's where we would have been drafting?
Old 05-22-06, 11:53 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:

THANK YOU!!!!

People forget that we won 63 games because Parker had a stellar regular season. He truly carried us. NOT because Rasho and Nazr put up monster number.
Old 05-22-06, 11:54 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotes_geek
He's Pop. He always has the choice. Pop chose to give Nazr an opportunity.
No way. The word 'choice' you mentioned is just the kind of choice between being shot or listen to the shooter. Nazr was playing well, if he's not given the starting job Pop won't be able to sustain his reputation in the locker room for being a coach that plays guys who's playing the best and without bias.
Old 05-22-06, 11:54 PM
MomBear

Quote:
Hello? This has been beaten to death. ZONE.
Old 05-22-06, 11:57 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
He was not given the chance against the Mavs, period
He had opportunities this year and wasnt the same player as last season. Him coming back to the Spurs or not wasnt going to be decided with the Mavs series. I would say the majority of people around here didnt want him back regardless.

Quote:
Pop didn't have a choice
Pop always has a choice. He's the coach and does what he wants. He didnt have to play Nazr or put him back as the starter if he didnt want too.

I dont hate Nazr...and he had a nice playoffs last year...but SA can do better. He has worse hands than Malik and doesnt have his heart.