News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-06, 06:07 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Well...if it's not known by now amongst big men in the league...this should serve notice front and center (no pun intended)...

The role of ANY big man that comes to SA is going to be that of limited personal opportunity.

They must do the dirty work on defense and be ready in limited situations to effectively produce offensively.

The center on this team is at best, the 4th option in scoring opportunities and is required to be a monster in the post for rebounding and blocks. They also must be open to take blame even if it's not their fault.

That's just how it works on this team for centers.

Rasho (even though he might have been willing to be that kind of player) simply could not produce.

Nazr (even though showed he could produce) was not willing to accept that kind of role.

Somewhere out there... Is there?...a big man (C or PF) that will both be willing to accept that kind of role AND be able to produce in those circumstances.

There is....an up and coming talent that is eager to join any team so as to show case their talents for future considerations...OR...a proven veteran (8 years plus in this league) that has achieved statistically all they can except win a ring.

Last edited by SF4L; 07-05-06 at 06:31 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-05-06, 07:03 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

It was Nazr fault and he screw himself by signing a multi-million dollar contract. If I could screw myself like that I would not need a wife.

Last edited by easy7; 07-05-06 at 07:07 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-05-06, 08:01 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Playing time was the issue that drove him from San Antonio to begin with.
Not the issue that broke negotiations down. Right or wrong, he wanted out
in the worst way because of the way he felt he was treated.
We put that out there before it ever became "news."

Some didn't want to beleive it then and some don't want to beleive it now.
It don't really matter. The mere presence of those non-beleivers here and their
continued visits seeking unfiltered info speaks for itself. The advertisers pay us
every time you show up. So keep it coming, love.
Old 07-05-06, 08:05 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Nazr... What he said on the way out

Ouch!!! Damned door hit me in the azz!!!!
Old 07-05-06, 09:00 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Nazr

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejasfight
I don't get the Nazi hate mail. I never thought he was Bill Russell, but he sure as hell helped out against the Pistons.

What happend between he and Pop? Is this one of the famous "you're in the dog house but I'm not telling you why" moments form Pop?

I wouldn't mind seeing him back.
You don't get the Nazi hate mail- They started WWII, what's there not to get. J/k. I still think his name is mispronounced. It should be pronounced Nazrrrrr like in Nasir, only the right arabic accent makes it appear to sound "Naahze". Anyway, the guy wasn't consistent enough- made too many mistakes - too many iffs to pay him the money he wanted. He has no reason to complain- he just wasn't the player he can be consistently enough.
Old 07-05-06, 10:31 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

We all thought Nazr was going to have an even bigger year after his decent playoffs 05. But he missed most of training camp. He was exceused because of his family situation.

But it did cost him in that he started slow and did not progress in his knowledge of Pops system. Didn't they say they only taught Nazr a few plays.

He never finished the important games anyway. Horry did. So why pay a center that will not be on the floor when the game matters?

He was good but not that good.