News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-06, 01:12 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

The Dallas Mavericks - A Truly Classy Organization

Lets take note of just the past few days of the tasteful, refined, mature, and classy organization that is known as the Dallas Mavericks:
  • After receiving a blow job the entire series by the referees, without which Dallas would have likely been out of this two games ago, as agreed upon nationwide including national sports analysts, their coach whines and complains repeatedly about the officiating
  • Their owner childishly insults the entire city of San Antonio, calls Tim Duncan, of all people, a crybaby, and basically calls the RiverWalk a muddy piece of crap
  • A major radio station in the area laughs at Pop and the Spurs just prior to being beaten in their own building in a must-win game situation
  • They waive one of their most significant franchise players and model citizens (who was a big financial contributor to the community), punch him in the groin, then boo him every chance they get

And this is just in a relatively short and recent time frame.

Right now I'd be even more ashamed than usual if I were a Mavs fan .
Old 05-20-06, 01:21 PM

yeah, they're horrible....probably THE most horrible team/organization in the class category
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-20-06, 01:22 PM
Play-By-Play Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNate
Lets take note of just the past few days of the tasteful, refined, mature, and classy organization that is known as the Dallas Mavericks:
  • After receiving a blow job the entire series by the referees, without which Dallas would have likely been out of this two games ago, as agreed upon nationwide including national sports analysts, their coach whines and complains repeatedly about the officiating
  • Their owner childishly insults the entire city of San Antonio, calls Tim Duncan, of all people, a crybaby, and basically calls the RiverWalk a muddy piece of crap
  • A major radio station in the area laughs at Pop and the Spurs just prior to being beaten in their own building in a must-win game situation
  • They waive one of their most significant franchise players and model citizens (who was a big financial contributor to the community), punch him in the groin, then boo him every chance they get

And this is just in a relatively short and recent time frame.

Right now I'd be even more ashamed than usual if I were a Mavs fan .

You know, when I read this I start to wonder. Have the Spurs gotten into the Mavericks heads???? I mean, it sounds like the Mavericks can't even sleep without talking down about the Spurs. It seems to me, especially those homers in Mavs fourms, are totally blind to whats going on. I mean, they say we whined and complained about the refs during games 3 and 4............and now they are whining about the refs in games 5 and 6. Hmmm......have they phyched themselves out before Game 7???
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-20-06, 01:23 PM
SpursReport Rookie

**** the Mavs, and their piece of **** organization.
Old 05-20-06, 01:24 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Wow...is this what the new NBA is coming too??? One thing I can teach my children from the example of Mark Cuban personally and his organization....how NOT to behave....ever!!
Old 05-20-06, 01:33 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Yeap, Cuban is a textbook example of 'what you don't want to become after you've become rich'.
Old 05-20-06, 01:42 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamental9903
You know, when I read this I start to wonder. Have the Spurs gotten into the Mavericks heads???? I mean, it sounds like the Mavericks can't even sleep without talking down about the Spurs. It seems to me, especially those homers in Mavs forums, are totally blind to whats going on. I mean, they say we whined and complained about the refs during games 3 and 4............and now they are whining about the refs in games 5 and 6. Hmmm......have they phyched themselves out before Game 7???
The problem for the Mavs is that they actually think this is a rivalry, but since they've never beaten the Spurs in anything significant it REALLY pisses them off.

SPURS OWN DALLAS!!

GSG BISHES!!!
Old 05-20-06, 01:59 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Mavs=uneducated fans, of course, Dirk told them to boo Finley. But, as Walton pointed out Friday night, why boo a guy that has done so much for the organization?
Old 05-20-06, 02:04 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

When you are on top you dont mention the rest but when you are in 2nd place you always talk about the best and how you are going to take them down. just the way it is. Thats why we dont see it as a rivalry when they do. We have been there nemesis stopping them from acheiving something they want enough for them to hate us. Same with us and the lakers before we finally broke thru. I for one am glad this budding rivalry has happened because we havent had anyone to dislike and no one to get motivated to play who is capable of beating us and that we play enough to make it worthwhile. I hate to play people I know we are going to whip ---BORING! But I love it when we meet someone who is better than us(if there really is such a thing haha) or equal to us where there is a possibility we could lose. THATS interesting and that brings out the best in everyone. Competition is sweet and makes us better. We cannot get better if we beat patsy's all the time. You get better when you beat people who can beat you.
Old 05-20-06, 02:17 PM
NBA Ref Wrangler

Yeah, the Mavs are a totally class organization, inspired by their owner and leader Markie Cuban

For game 6,their on-screen "entertainment" was dedicated to trashing the Spurs, i.e.:

A remake of "The Monster Mash" called "The Manu Flop."
A "commercial" for "Horry-o's" that showed an animated Horry licking nasty stuff off the soles of shoes.
A remake of "Don't let your babies grow up to be Cowboys," except it was "Spurs fans."
And a parady of David Blaine's water thing w/ the Coyote drowning.

Waste of time/energy on their part, instead of just cheering for their Mavs!!!

We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
---Winston Churchill (1903)
Old 05-20-06, 02:26 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelshor
Yeah, the Mavs are a totally class organization, inspired by their owner and leader Markie Cuban

For game 6,their on-screen "entertainment" was dedicated to trashing the Spurs, i.e.:

A remake of "The Monster Mash" called "The Manu Flop."
A "commercial" for "Horry-o's" that showed an animated Horry licking nasty stuff off the soles of shoes.
A remake of "Don't let your babies grow up to be Cowboys," except it was "Spurs fans."
And a parady of David Blaine's water thing w/ the Coyote drowning.

I'm SURE that's exactly the type of publicity that the NBA wants Maybe that's why we got the calls in the 2nd half. Why to go CUBAN!!!
Old 05-20-06, 02:57 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
This is exactly the problem for Mav's Fan...They hate the Spurs more than they love their Mavs.
Old 05-20-06, 03:07 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heywood
This is exactly the problem for Mav's Fan...They hate the Spurs more than they love their Mavs.
Wouldnt you
Old 05-20-06, 03:12 PM
NBA Ref Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJoeD
I'm SURE that's exactly the type of publicity that the NBA wants Maybe that's why we got the calls in the 2nd half. Why to go CUBAN!!!
And Cuban and the Dallasites wonder why they can't get any respect
Given the differences in the way game 6's two halves were called, I'm wondering if Cuban went back to the refs' dressing rooms and tried his bush league BS tactics to badger them into calling it even more in favor of the Mavs and it blew up in his face, since Bennett Salvatore isn't one to bow down to that sort of BS, even as many times as he's screwed over the Spurs in the past

We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
---Winston Churchill (1903)
Old 05-20-06, 03:13 PM
SpursReport Team Member

They have a big inferiority complex there in Dallas about everything. Just think about it a "boring" team from a small muddy water city is always getting the best of them, they can't stand it.
Old 05-20-06, 03:34 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Of course they have an inferiority complex.

They didn't win their own independence.
They don't know what it means to fight against overwhelming odds and prevail.
Their city has no class, and their sports organizations have even less class than the fans.

and besides....
Would you rather have a muddy riverwalk, or a building with some green lights on it?

Just asking
Old 05-20-06, 04:14 PM
Been here too long to be a Spursreport Rookie

does cuban even have a job? besides being one of the finalists on american idol