News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-06, 12:12 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Michael Finley's press conference....WOW!

Talking about the Mavs boos etc:

- Said he didn't understand it. Tried to be a great player for the team and a model citizen in the community.
- Said it was unfortunate that his family couldn't come to the games and enjoy the because of the fans comments.
- Said that he heard "traitor" from fans and his response was "they cut me?".
- Said that he heard "whiner" from fans and his response was "I got punched?".

Mavs fans suck.

Last edited by SpursBearsFan; 05-20-06 at 12:16 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-20-06, 12:14 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Classless fools. Their owner, players and fans, all classless.
Old 05-20-06, 12:17 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

classless starting with their spoiled little rich boy owner
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-20-06, 12:17 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Just shows the kinda fans Dallas has. Hope he can stay in S.A. for a while. If he keeps on playing like he has been we'll definitely show him some appreciation.

"They say that mercy is the mark of a great man ... guess I'm just a good man ... well I'm alright."
http://www.myspace.com/b_hath
Old 05-20-06, 12:22 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Every time I hear Finley talk my respect for him increases and this time was no difference. He gave a great interview. And it's always interesting to hear players admit that they are aware of all the crap that gets put out by the media about them.
Old 05-20-06, 12:24 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Michael Finley is a class act. I am so glad he chose the Spurs.
Old 05-20-06, 12:27 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

The best thing is Cuban is still playing his salary..
SpursReport Team Veteran

Mavs fans booing Fin is worse than if Spurs fans booed Sean Elliott. Anyone who's been a Mavericks fan for 6 years or more knows he singlehandedly brought them back from a 1-2 deficit to beat Utah in the 2000 playoffs.
SpursReport Team Member

He played great. He looked great. He gave a great, classy interview.

I Michael Finley.
SpursReport Team Bench

it's unfortunate, but he sees the true colors only in situations like this. those lucky enough to be at game 7 oughta cheer louder than any of those dallas boos to show him he's appreciated.
Old 05-20-06, 12:33 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capek
Every time I hear Finley talk my respect for him increases and this time was no difference. He gave a great interview. And it's always interesting to hear players admit that they are aware of all the crap that gets put out by the media about them.
My thoughts exactly.
Old 05-20-06, 12:35 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Michael Finley is just an awesome individual. All around great player and class citizen.

"We would have two less championships here if it wasn't for Manu Ginobili," Popovich said. "In my book, Manu Ginobili is the stud of the world."
Old 05-20-06, 12:36 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

an article said cuban offered his luxury suite for fin's family to watch the game. wonder if it was that bad for his fam even w/ the special seats.
Old 05-20-06, 12:40 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Not that there's much competition but Michael Finley is clearly the team's forensics champ. He calmly, clearly and effectively addressed how he has been treated by the Mavs since his departure. I'm glad the star of the game, Manu, stepped back and allowed Michael to have his cathartic moment on the podium following an excellent contribution both defensively and offensively during the game. Even stammering Tim was eloquently dismissive when a reporter asked him about Mr. Cuban.
Old 05-20-06, 12:41 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

Fin has always been a Spur even if he just joined - it 's a mind set that that punky Cuban and his Mavs will never understand!
Old 05-20-06, 12:47 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapsuhdee
Michael Finley is just an awesome individual. All around great player and class citizen.
I agree wholeheartedly... When he played for _allas, I hated it when he stuck it to us in tight situations, but I always respected him as a person. He always played the game to the fullest, and never had a bad thing to say of an opponent...he always praised the other team for what they brought to the table. He was the ONLY player on that team that I liked and I was hoping that he would sign with us, when he became a free agent. I hope he gets his ring in S.A., and that will make Dufus Cuban relly regret that he let him go...all the while, still paying him his salary . That would be awesome.

"Manu is wacko. He has no fear." - Gregg Popovich
Old 05-20-06, 12:55 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I will definitely be wearing my Finley jersey again at game 7!!! Classy guy...even when he was talking about the punch after the game. Made sure people knew he knew Terry was a good guy. Props man!!
Old 05-20-06, 12:57 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

He is where he belongs now with his class, indeed...... He sees what they are like now, and it's ugly as hell.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 05-20-06, 01:15 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseline bum
Mavs fans booing Fin is worse than if Spurs fans booed Sean Elliott. Anyone who's been a Mavericks fan for 6 years or more knows he singlehandedly brought them back from a 1-2 deficit to beat Utah in the 2000 playoffs.
I'm thinking most of those fans are newbies and bandwagoners that jumped on just a few years ago.
Old 05-20-06, 01:16 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy7
Michael Finley is a class act. I am so glad he chose the Spurs.
Hell yes! This guy defines Spurs. I want to win a championship for him so bad!!!
Old 05-20-06, 01:23 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Fin's play, from the slam in G4 onward, has been vital to the Spurs' efforts. This guy is on a mission. He was a fav of mine in the Dallas days -- I too remember when he led their sick rally on Utah a few years ago.