News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 05-19-06, 10:57 AM
SpursReport Rookie

xfactor tonight

who is yours? Mine is Manu. all that play in argintina where they would throw bottles and stuff at the players will ocme into play tonight in that hostile enviorment. That and veteren leadership like Tim and Bruce soothing mikes nuts after the punch
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-19-06, 10:58 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Udrih
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-19-06, 10:59 AM
Delusional Manu Lover

Manu.

"He said, 'Go for every pump fake,' " Hibbert said.
SpursReport Team Bench

Gotta be Tony Parker, will he take advantage, and finally play WELL
down the stretch? That is his only flaw up to now.
SpursReport Team Captain

Udrih and Oberto
Old 05-19-06, 11:01 AM
SpursReport Team Member

What is ocme? and why would we worry about a punch from the last game, when Terry has been suspended. We forget those things but dont forgive. Finley is fine. Tim and Bruce will not be rubbing anyones balls. I think you need to understand that we are the Champs. Its ok though, you are a rookie at this still

"Today's game is style over substance. He's the opposite. He's substance over style. I think he's appreciated. I don't think he's adored."
Dave Odom, Duncan's college coach
Old 05-19-06, 11:02 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Finley and Horry.

I think tonight we exploit their interior weakness early (Tim goes for ~20 in the first half) and the double teams will cost them from behind the arc in the second half.

Big Shot Bob will arrive.
Old 05-19-06, 11:02 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickV
Gotta be Tony Parker, will he take advantage, and finally play WELL
down the stretch? That is his only flaw up to now.
Agree when we had that 10 point lead he settled for an outside jumper insttead of attacking which was how we got the lead then the next play down he turns the ball over. immediatly changed the momentum of the game. He jus tneed sto be consistant down the streatch.
Old 05-19-06, 11:03 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Its Finley and Parker that are going to step up

"Today's game is style over substance. He's the opposite. He's substance over style. I think he's appreciated. I don't think he's adored."
Old 05-19-06, 11:04 AM
Spartan Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by randman
Agree when we had that 10 point lead he settled for an outside jumper insttead of attacking which was how we got the lead then the next play down he turns the ball over. immediatly changed the momentum of the game. He jus tneed sto be consistant down the streatch.
Yeah - that was pissing me off when we were ahead and the Mavs were coming back. I kept yelling "Why is he taking jumpshots??!!!!" Take it to the rim or give it to Timmy. 4 down, Tony.

I want Fin to have a monster game. Another 4 of 4 from three point land would be good.
Old 05-19-06, 11:05 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Parker. We know that Manu and Tim will show up in such an important game, but Tony made some costly mistakes in a must win Game 5. If he can effectively distribute the ball, take only smart outside shots, and penetrate well, we'll win (with a little help from the defense).
Old 05-19-06, 11:05 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeOne Ginobili
What is ocme? and why would we worry about a punch from the last game, when Terry has been suspended. We forget those things but dont forgive. Finley is fine. Tim and Bruce will not be rubbing anyones balls. I think you need to understand that we are the Champs. Its ok though, you are a rookie at this still
sorry I meant come. not a rookie just had to change my name becasue I have not logged on in a while. I was refering to the leadership that they showed after the punch not the punch itself. Sorry for the typos I am at work and doing two things at once. Bad speed typer.
Old 05-19-06, 11:06 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Easy. It's got to be Robert Horry. We've been waiting game after game for his "big shot", and it still ain't came. Last time we were in a hostle arena in Detroit in Game 5, with just about everything on the line, it was Big Shot Rob who got us through it. So it's either now or never for him, and I've got confidence that he'll come through. Horry makes his final mark on the playoffs tonight.
Old 05-19-06, 11:07 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
sorry I meant come. not a rookie just had to change my name becasue I have not logged on in a while. I was refering to the leadership that they showed after the punch not the punch itself. Sorry for the typos I am at work and doing two things at once. Bad speed typer.
Thats cool, I am just giving you a hard time.. excellent thread man. Good job

Old 05-19-06, 11:11 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeOne Ginobili
Thats cool, I am just giving you a hard time.. excellent thread man. Good job
gracies!
Old 05-19-06, 11:13 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

manu is the playmaker on the team....he had some manu flashbacks of last year in game 5...if he steps it up noone on the mavs can stop him.
Old 05-19-06, 11:15 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

Big Three plus Fin put on a clinic!
Old 05-19-06, 11:28 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAD
Big Three plus Fin put on a clinic!
YEP YEP !!!!

Old 05-19-06, 11:46 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
who is yours? Mine is Manu. all that play in argintina where they would throw bottles and stuff at the players will ocme into play tonight in that hostile enviorment. That and veteren leadership like Tim and Bruce soothing mikes nuts after the punch
wait a minute, man, everybody´s gonna picture us as animals
Old 05-19-06, 11:56 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdetom
wait a minute, man, everybody´s gonna picture us as animals
Sorry just reflecting back to what Manu would say about the enviorment whne he played in Argintina. He said it was pretty rough with the fans.
Old 05-19-06, 11:57 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Brent Barry does a reprise of Steve Kerr...
Old 05-19-06, 11:58 AM
Spartan Moderator

So - we all know that Finley will bring some huevos but who's gonna start the official Pongan Huevos thread?
Old 05-19-06, 12:17 PM
SpursReport Team Member

[quote=Robofuzz]So - we all know that Finley will bring some huevos but who's gonna start the official Pongan Huevos thread?[/QUOTE

I will, be right back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robofuzz
So - we all know that Finley will bring some huevos but who's gonna start the official Pongan Huevos thread?
Taken care of. Thread is up Pongan Huevo

Old 05-19-06, 12:21 PM
SpursReport Team Member

robert f'n horry

he shall finally play in his playoff form
Old 05-19-06, 12:53 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

It is the Refs.

If they call a fair game, we have a shot.

If they start with bogus calls, phantom touch fouls and the like we will have a problem.

Still haven't seen Jack Neis yet. Sure hope he stays away tonight.
Old 05-19-06, 01:36 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Michael Finley has to be the X-factor. I hope he goes for at least 20 and just tears the heart out of the Mavs. They've been booing him and now Mark Cuban called him just another guy who used to play for this team. Tonight's your night, Michael. They no longer appreciate you so stop being bashful and let em have it.
Old 05-19-06, 01:44 PM
MomBear

It's gonna be Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce ...
Old 05-19-06, 01:46 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Big Shot "ROB" and M Fin. We need that deadly 3-point shooting we've lacked in this series. Doubles for dallas, down the second half will prove to fail. Finley hitts back at big D, in a more meaning-full and Vetrian way. Go Spurs Go~
Old 05-19-06, 03:07 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Sorry just reflecting back to what Manu would say about the enviorment whne he played in Argintina. He said it was pretty rough with the fans.
no problem, maybe we are like animals
Old 05-19-06, 03:21 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by pad300
Brent Barry does a reprise of Steve Kerr...
...and shores up the point down the stretch like he did last June in Game 7.
Old 05-19-06, 04:26 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

A few good stops.
Can we get a stop when we really need it?
Old 05-19-06, 04:46 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

If the refs would let us play, we can get stops.
Old 05-19-06, 05:04 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Finley will be the biggest x-factor tonite. I think he has taken enough abuse from his former team mates and former fans. He will shut up those classless peeps in the way it counts the most!
Old 05-19-06, 05:06 PM
SpursReport Team Member

bottles? I've seen games with the crowd throwing chairs!
Old 05-19-06, 05:09 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

The refs are the x-factor. If they call the game fairly, Spurs could win with their defense.
Old 05-19-06, 05:16 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Dave
It is the Refs.

If they call a fair game, we have a shot.

If they start with bogus calls, phantom touch fouls and the like we will have a problem.

Still haven't seen Jack Neis yet. Sure hope he stays away tonight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousspirit
The refs are the x-factor. If they call the game fairly, Spurs could win with their defense.
Right on... sadly.
fleetwood macbull (from a Bulls' board), on Andrés "Chapu" Nocioni: "Noc is like that guy from Monty Python. They can cut off his arms, his hands, his feet, then his legs, but he still comes rolling his torso at you like he's going to destroy you"
Old 05-19-06, 05:22 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

It will be Finley for sure... you KNOW he is hearing all the crap going around and he's right in the middle of it. He is too much of a professional to let it have a negative impact on his game.

LOOK for a HUGE game from him and at the end he can blow a big kiss to his jackass ex-boss -- thank him for the motivation and thank him for the millions his stupid ass is still paying Fin.