News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 05-19-06, 09:39 AM
SpursReport Staff Writer

Cuban in history . . . . DANGEROUS!

Just for a moment let's step away from considering all that Mark Cuban has done and said in a sporting realm.

Consider what effect he is making on society in general and specifically in Dallas.

What non-sport character in history would you compare him to that said and did similar outlandish things? That was as potentially dangerous to society because of his actions.

If I were the Dallas police I would consider him an inciter and watch him very closely. The Dallas police may need to remove him from game 6 in the interest of public safety. Wouldn't that be historical!!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-19-06, 09:43 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

I am genuinely concerned about the safety tonight in Dallas, especially for Spurs fans, and especially if we win. With the crazy behavior and comments that Cuban is making, the crowd WILL be on the verge of hysteria. There well may be another Palace at Auburn Hills-like reaction.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-19-06, 09:48 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Reminds me of a football story from last year:

Quote:
Last Updated: Sunday, 9 January, 2005, 02:53 GMT

Footballer's 'fascist salute' row
By Mark Duff
BBC News

Italian police and magistrates are examining photos and video to decide whether one of the country's best-known footballers gave a fascist salute.

Paolo di Canio appeared to make the gesture after his team Lazio beat local rivals Roma 3-1.

Di Canio previously played for Celtic in Scotland and English teams West Ham, Sheffield Wednesday and Charlton, as well as Juventus and AC Milan in Italy.

It is not the first time the player, Lazio and the Rome derby have been the source of controversy.

Last season's match was abandoned when rival fans threatened to invade the pitch after unfounded rumours circulated that a young fan had been killed by a police vehicle.

Bad name

While this season's game was less dramatic, it was sensitive nonetheless.

Di Canio, a Lazio fan all his life, had played well and scored a stunning goal.

On Saturday, though, Italian newspapers carried pictures of Di Canio's face distorted with pride.

His right arm was apparently raised in a straight-armed Roman salute that would have been instantly recognised by the former fascist leader of Italy, Benito Mussolini.

It would also have been recognised by the minority of far-right, racist supporters who have given Lazio a bad name over the years.

It has now been confirmed that police are sifting through photographs and film footage of the incident to see if Di Canio's actions merit any criminal charge.

Italy's football authorities are also expected to examine the evidence.

Mussolini's team

Lazio is the club forever associated with fascism. It was Mussolini's team and he was often seen in the stands.

Elsewhere in the world, "fascist" is a lazy catch-all political insult, but in Italy it still carries a much heavier and more specific charge.

As one charitable observer - the Telecommunications Minister, and Roma supporter, Maurizio Gasparri - put it, Di Canio's excitement clearly got the better of him.

"Poor lad," said the minister. "Like all Lazio supporters, he is just not used to winning." [Just like Dallas ]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4158591.stm
Old 05-19-06, 09:54 AM
SpursReport Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanThree
Reminds me of a football story from last year:
I too am very concerned about tonights game.
Old 05-19-06, 10:14 AM
Delusional Manu Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickV
I am genuinely concerned about the safety tonight in Dallas, especially for Spurs fans, and especially if we win. With the crazy behavior and comments that Cuban is making, the crowd WILL be on the verge of hysteria. There well may be another Palace at Auburn Hills-like reaction.
That's exactly why I created that thread yesterday, saying I wouldn't want to be there, not without a gun and some backup.

"He said, 'Go for every pump fake,' " Hibbert said.
Old 05-19-06, 10:41 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I admit I'm a little concerned going. But I don't talk a lot of $h!t. It ought to be interesting nonetheless.

Sith
Old 05-19-06, 10:49 AM
Delusional Manu Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by pessimist
I don't see why you couldn't go... just wear a Terry jersey, and pretend like you are rooting for the Mavericks.

"He said, 'Go for every pump fake,' " Hibbert said.
Old 05-19-06, 10:50 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Believe me, there are plenty of Dallas fans who are just as embarrassed over Cuban. Don't give Cuban more credit than he deserves...