News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 05-18-06, 04:10 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

NBA reviewing Jason Terry incident

NBA just sent out press notice. Story will be posted on front page.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-18-06, 04:27 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

YES!

I knew they would, and becuase it was a punch, it won't be good for JIP, uhhhhhhh............ I mean JET.
Old 05-18-06, 04:29 PM
SpursReport Rookie

is there any video of it? i havent found as yet. GO SPURS! MAKE EM SUFFER! MAKE EM SUFFER!
Old 05-18-06, 04:31 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Big leap from investigating to suspending. I think Terry deserves a suspension, but I'm not getting my hopes up. He'll probably just be fined.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-18-06, 04:35 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Just the fact that they have realized something happened and are looking at it is fine with me. You can see him throw a punch from the bottom of the pile, and its usually an automatic suspension for throwing any punch during a game. I will be surpised if the NBA does anything more then fine Terry though, since its obvious that Stern is trying to get them into the Finals.
Old 05-18-06, 04:36 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quick!! Everyone light a candle!!!!!

Any idea when we should know something?
Old 05-18-06, 04:38 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Didn't they suspend B.Wells for spiting on Danny ferry even though there was no video footage?
Old 05-18-06, 04:39 PM
SpursReport Rookie

They probably have NBA TV or local TV footage of it.
Old 05-18-06, 04:40 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pessimist
No -- they actually ran a DNA test and did find some in Ferry's hair.
Now that's comedy folks!
Old 05-18-06, 04:40 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Anyone have a link please????
Old 05-18-06, 04:41 PM
SpursReport Team Member

i'm praying to the basketball gods..!
Delusional Manu Lover

I hope Jason Terry is crappin his pants right now!

"He said, 'Go for every pump fake,' " Hibbert said.
SpursReport Team Captain

Jeff Vexler said on the Ticket 760 that the League is reviewing the incident with Finley and Jason Terry
Old 05-18-06, 04:42 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Actually the punch was very obvious even from the "bad" camera shot. you could see the arm go up into the midsection or abdomen of Finley. Finley then reacted very angrily. he was extremely upset. Stupid move on Jet's part. He put his team in jeopardy for the future and is intent on disrespected the opponent at every turn.
Old 05-18-06, 04:44 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

NBA Reviewing Jason Terry "Punching" Incident
Thursday, May 18, 2006

link

NBA league officials are reviewing an incident between San Antonio's Michael Finley and Maverick's guard Jason Terry.

In the closing minutes of Game 5, Michael Finley became very agitated and complained vigorously to game officials that Jason Terry had punched him in the lower abdomen during a scramble for a loose ball.

On broadcast game video, you can see Finley reacting to Terry's actions, but exactly what those actions were are not clearly seen on the wide angle shot of the play that was televised.

Still, Finley is seen reacting angrily, telling both officials and teammates that he has been punched as he tries to go after Terry.

Moments later, Bruce Bowen and Tim Duncan can be seen stepping in to calm Finley.

TNT, the network which televised the game, had at least 16 of their own broadcast cameras recording the game and the league is said to be reviewing the evidence in search of conclusive proof that a punch was thrown.

If the allegation is proven, Jason Terry could face a fine and/or automatic suspension.

Developing...
Delusional Manu Lover

If Terry gets suspended I'll dance a jig. If he gets fined I will laugh my ass off!!!

"He said, 'Go for every pump fake,' " Hibbert said.
SpursReport Rookie

I'm sure that with the various camera angles from throughout the arena, the Spurs may have come up with angles that show more clearly the punch from Terry. If Duncan can get suspended for accidentally bumping Nies (who dramatically went flailing) in 2003, this incident bares careful consideration by the league, playoffs or not.
Old 05-18-06, 04:45 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I bet there's no suspension.

Terry will claim he was at the bottom of the pile and he couldn't breath. All he was trying to do was get everyone off of him to save his life.

I don't beleive this crap but that's what his agent will counsel him to say and it will probably work.
Old 05-18-06, 04:47 PM
SpursReport Rookie

My guess is if he's suspended, it would be for one game. If it was the head, it would be for more.
Old 05-18-06, 04:49 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Finleys reaction showed the punch was very real

he would have never risked a T in that situation if he hadnt been hit and was so upset from that
Old 05-18-06, 04:49 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark21horse
If Terry gets suspended I'll dance a jig. If he gets fined I will laugh my ass off!!!
If it's a fine, Cuban will pay it off secretly. Suspension is the ONLY way to go if you're lookin' for punishment. I can't really say what will happen though since they've been inconsistent with what they'll allow.
Old 05-18-06, 04:50 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

if the NBA is consistant with their rules he should be gone
Old 05-18-06, 04:50 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzG
Finleys reaction showed the punch was very real

he would have never risked a T in that situation if he hadnt been hit and was so upset from that
That's why i think it might've been in the midsection. i don't know if a gut-punch would have drew such an irate reaction. Terry's the idiot for pullin' an Artest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzG
if the NBA is consistant with their rules he should be gone
That's what I thought about the Evans incident as opposed to the Haslem. INCONSISTENCY.
Old 05-18-06, 04:51 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

if it is in the nuts should be 2 games
evan did this in the playoffs
nba has to send a stronger message to the nba
Old 05-18-06, 04:55 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Hopefully there will be a conclusive shot from one of those 16 cameras.

TNT at the time was more concerned with the drama of the game than with the incident. I don't think the broadcast team were really even aware of what happened.
Old 05-18-06, 04:56 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR
The NBA will be proven pretty much worthless if a PUNCH to the crotch doesn't deserve a suspension.
Bingo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks
nba has to send a stronger message to the nba
Best sentence ever!
Old 05-18-06, 04:59 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Mavs fans are sh!tting their pants.

"Guess we'll get to see if the NBA wants a game 7 or not..."
Old 05-18-06, 04:59 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Real
Actually the punch was very obvious even from the "bad" camera shot. you could see the arm go up into the midsection or abdomen of Finley. Finley then reacted very angrily. he was extremely upset. Stupid move on Jet's part. He put his team in jeopardy for the future and is intent on disrespected the opponent at every turn.
I don't know where your midsection is, but I saw shorts moving, Reggie Evans-style.

Really hoping to bump "midsections" with my beautiful girlfriend tonight.
Old 05-18-06, 05:04 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_chantana
i'm praying to the basketball gods..!
that pic of yao in a spurs jersey is kinda freaky
Old 05-18-06, 05:05 PM
SpursReport Team Member

The NBA has been handing out fines and suspensions this playoffs moreso than ever. If there was something there, I'm sure something will be done about it.
Old 05-18-06, 05:07 PM
SpursReport Team Member

At the least it will be great locker room material for the Spurs....
SpursReport Rookie

The ticket in Dallas is reposting that terry is suspended one game, mavs appealing
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAScrub
Mavs fans are sh!tting their pants.

"Guess we'll get to see if the NBA wants a game 7 or not..."
Thats what they will say too, saying it was b.s. and the reason why we won game 6... They gave Dallas a game, time to give us one back damnitttttttttttt.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 05-18-06, 05:12 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwhitti
The ticket in Dallas is reposting that terry is suspended one game, mavs appealing
I will believe it when I see/read it. I am not getting my hopes up yet.
Old 05-18-06, 05:13 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Just saw it on ESPN, Terry suspended for Game 6. Was a breaking news segment.

Last edited by Manu_#20; 05-18-06 at 05:15 PM.
Old 05-18-06, 05:19 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Great news as long as we can take advantage of it. Very very stupid move by Terry.

GO SPURS GO