News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 05-16-06, 01:43 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Spurs will walk this team down.

they need to win 3 in a row with 2 at home. Dallas' Jumpshot will disappear with the pressure.

I just calling my shot. Series reminds me when I use to spot my young brother 10 or so points in a game to 15.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-16-06, 01:45 AM
SpursReport Rookie

A MEN!

i'm with you yo!

spurs in 7
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-16-06, 01:46 AM
SpursReport Team Member

The thing about this is that, one bad bounce or another bad break can end the series. You not only have to out play dallas and the refs, but you have to get the bounces to go your way. Very hard to do but PHX rebounded pretty well just last series.
Old 05-16-06, 02:03 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Our margin for error is paper thin. Mavs just have to play one more pretty good game. We have to do that 3 times straight.

"Bring it"
Old 05-16-06, 02:10 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDS4
Our margin for error is paper thin. Mavs just have to play one more pretty good game. We have to do that 3 times straight.
It can certainly be done, but this is the hard part.
Old 05-16-06, 03:45 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameFan2k5
It can certainly be done, but this is the hard part.
Phoenix overcame a 3-1 deficit to knock out a less experienced,athletic, well coached team,is it a stretch to think the world champs can do the same? Even though the Spurs have been fighting through injuries, horribly incosistent officiating, and now, some sharp coaching from Pop's first student prodigy...it seems that the team is getting a handle on guarding the paint and relegating the Mavs into what they essentially are offensively, which is a jumpshooting team. Unfortunately, A.J. has effectively taught this young team some defense over this season, and they are playing defense effectively with a healthy line up and a good serving of help from some experienced yet feeble refs, younger biased refs, and other younger refs that are apparently reactive to media and crowds
So, here we are in an unprecedented situation at 1-3, coming home, against our old buddy A.J., who has supposedly learned an enormous amount of strategic knowledge from Pop and Nelly, and his young ahtletic newbies ,( yes, Dirk is a newbie too, he has yet to get a ring). From here, it looks like the Spurs are undermanned and hobbling (with Van Exel and Finley not providing any real depth) once again in a playoff series,although fortunately with Timmy being Timmy and, Manu shaking off a psychological first round bug, and Tony coming into his own.

So...I'm thinkin, barring any more ineptitude and/or bias from the refs, one game in the comfort of a justifiably,insanely pissed off home crowd could be all Timmy,Manu, Tony and crew need to shoot this series back on track to defend what is rightfully theirs!

Last edited by huggy bear; 05-16-06 at 04:23 AM.
Old 05-16-06, 03:48 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huggy bear
So...I'm thinkin, barring any more ineptitude and/or bias from the refs, one game in the comfort of a justifiably,insanely pissed off home crowd could be all Timmy,Manu, Tony and crew need to shoot this series back on track to defend what is rightfully theirs!
This is very true, but I feel it needs to be a convincing win to shift momentum for good. Spurs force a game 7 and I'll consider this series won because we are the more experienced team. The officials have just become such a part of the game though, only thing that gives me doubt.
Old 05-16-06, 04:18 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameFan2k5
This is very true, but I feel it needs to be a convincing win to shift momentum for good. Spurs force a game 7 and I'll consider this series won because we are the more experienced team. The officials have just become such a part of the game though, only thing that gives me doubt.
The only open smack concerning the refs that have come from San Antonio came from the crowd in game two.If our players are'nt going to whine about the calls, if their coach is'nt going to whine about the calls, if the team owner is too classy and heterosexual...eerrrr not like Mark Cuban to whine about the calls, then dammit.... we have to voice it ourselves...AGAIN!

MEMO TO THE STIFFS IN THE COURTSIDE SEATS: IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A FEW MORE CHIT CHATS WITH YOUR CLIENTS AND COLLEAGUES THIS NBA SEASON, YOU MIGHT WANT TO GET YOUR SOFT PASTY ASS OFF YOUR EXPENSIVE FOLD UP CHAIR AND SHOW A LITTLE CIVIC PRIDE, MAYBE YOU CAN BE MORE OBNOXIOUS THAN YOUR DALLAS COUNTERPARTS, EH? TRY IT!

Last edited by huggy bear; 05-16-06 at 04:53 AM.
Old 05-16-06, 04:23 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huggy bear
MEMO TO THE STIFFS IN THE COURTSIDE SEATS: IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A FEW MORE CHIT CHATS WITH YOUR CLIENTS AND COLLEAGUES THIS NBA SEASON, YOU MIGHT WANT TO GET YOUR SOFT PASTY ASS OFF YOUR EXPENSIVE FOLD UP CHAIR AND SHOW A LITTLE CIVIC PRIDE, MAYBE YOU CAN BE MORE OBNOXIOUS THAN YOUR DALLAS COUNTERPARTS, EH? TRY IT!
You said it. Enough with these business suits there to watch a round of golf. Time to let the officals have it for their mistakes.
Old 05-16-06, 04:24 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

2cents I like that analogy I used to do the samething with my younger brother spot him 19 points to me having 0 but i would always be able to comeback and win due to being supremely superior to him in skills. Thats where we are pretty much at right now 19-0 and all they need is two more baskets to win and it will be tough to overcome that because the spurs will have to be perefect for the next 2 games.
Old 05-16-06, 04:25 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSlicer
2cents I like that analogy I used to do the samething with my younger brother spot him 19 points to me having 0 but i would always be able to comeback and win due to being supremely superior to him in skills. Thats where we are pretty much at right now 19-0 and all they need is two more baskets to win and it will be tough to overcome that because the spurs will have to be perefect for the next 2 games.
Hopefully, no NBA officials were calling those games. lol
Old 05-16-06, 04:25 AM
Banned

Do you take kids to games?

No? I didn't think so. That's where we are right now.
Old 05-16-06, 04:47 AM
SpursReport Rookie

This is why lurk .....I see these threads digress into personal little menial battles, maybe there could be a forum for "*****y little nerd wars" . Sheesh can't you tools do this stuff by email or something? C'mon this could be a positive thread!

Ok, I'll help perpetuate: I think that Pop and the guys are closing in on an effective defensive strategy to keep the Mavs from scoring in the paint, but i'm not sure if we should be wasting a big like Rasho on the bench since, apparently our guards are still funneling the ballhandlers into the paint, leaving Tim to handle the task of blocker and rebounder by himself. Whateva, I'm sure there are not many adjustments coming, considering Pop's inflexibility in terms of bringing scorned bench guys back into the rotation. However, I saw the Spurs defense doing what it normally does, which is take command of the game pace, and confuse the ballhandler.
At this point , our guys our looking slower and less "charmed" than the Mavs, but i'm tellin' ya, all it's gonna take is a little crack in that fragile confidence of a team that has never won anything, and the dam will break loose.;)
Old 05-16-06, 09:06 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Phoenix overcame a 3-1 deficit to knock out a less experienced,athletic, well coached team,is it a stretch to think the world champs can do the same?
Last time I checked, the Lakers were not as good as the Mavs. That being said, I'm still worried about the Spurs winning game 5, giving them confidence, and if the Mavs blow game 6.....

That's all it takes, 2 wins, and we're going to game 7 in SA. Something I don't want to see.
Old 05-16-06, 09:11 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasjack
Last time I checked, the Lakers were not as good as the Mavs. That being said, I'm still worried about the Spurs winning game 5, giving them confidence, and if the Mavs blow game 6.....

That's all it takes, 2 wins, and we're going to game 7 in SA. Something I don't want to see.
Ain't that the truth. Every game is so huge. I mean, that sounds cliche, but it's true. Here in Dallas, every radio station has stated in the days leading up to each game that "this is the biggest game of the series!". I'm still sweating bullets because like you said, if the Spurs take game 5 this could get real ugly real quick.
Old 05-16-06, 12:27 PM
SpursReport Rookie

[quote=texasjack]Last time I checked, the Lakers were not as good as the Mavs.

You're right, right now the Mavs are one playoff series better than the Lakers, but the last time I checked, the Spurs were just a tad better than Phoenix too.
Old 05-16-06, 12:34 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

they better walk, because running with them isnt helping.
Old 05-18-06, 01:11 AM
SpursReport Rookie

The rim is going to shrink and the ball is going to feel like a medicine ball. Dallas will start to tighten.