News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 05-16-06, 12:38 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Dallas Radio Laughing at the Spurs

Talk radio here is laughing their asses off. They can't get over how the Avery has forced Pop into playing his game versus the other way around.

To be honest . . neither can I.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-16-06, 12:43 AM
SpursReport Rookie

I knew an Avery, but he died.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-16-06, 12:44 AM
SpursReport Team Member

i really don't care what they have to say. They aren't winning the Conference Finals and I'm laughing at the concept of them beating Detriot in the Finals even if David Stern Paved the way.
Old 05-16-06, 12:45 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameFan2k5
i really don't care what they have to say. They aren't winning the Conference Finals and I'm laughing at the concept of them beating Detriot in the Finals even if David Stern Paved the way.
thats if they get done with the spurs
Old 05-16-06, 01:27 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Laugh now cry later, after game 7 that is............
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 05-16-06, 01:30 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Great, lets all care about what Dallas radio has to say...

this thread = worthless
Old 05-16-06, 01:32 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCdac
Great, lets all care about what Dallas radio has to say...

this thread = worthless
Yeah, i could careless what they think.
Old 05-20-06, 12:18 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by pessimist
Are they laughing tonight/
Old 05-20-06, 12:20 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

I have to live in this pathetic cesspool called Dallas. I haven't listened to any Dallas sports talk since Game 3. It just pisses me off too much.

"They say that mercy is the mark of a great man ... guess I'm just a good man ... well I'm alright."
http://www.myspace.com/b_hath
Old 05-20-06, 01:01 AM
SpursReport Team Member

yea...are they laffin now? Or secreting ball bearings of perspiration?
Old 05-20-06, 01:03 AM
SpursReport Team Member

So they adjusted to how we play, then we adjusted to how they play...and we win. Seems like a fair trade...laugh for a win.

Sith
Old 05-20-06, 01:03 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pessimist
Are they laughing tonight/
Old 05-20-06, 01:13 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Have you ever listened to dallas sports radio? It makes Jeff Vexler sound like Steve Kerr. They suk. Immature and very unprofessional. They forget they are even a sports radio station. Dallas radio laughing at Pop is like prostitue calling someone a wh0re because they kiss on the first date. Between the Genius and Maturity of Mark Cuban and the dui, plastic sugery gone bad Cowboys owner Jerry Jones you wold think they have more important things to laugh at.

South Bend, IN has better sports talk than Dallas does.

Championships come and go but stupid is forever!

I lived in Dallas before moving to SA. Incredible frontrunner town.

Last edited by texan in domerland 1; 05-20-06 at 01:37 AM.
Old 05-23-06, 01:34 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Damnit!!
Old 05-23-06, 01:39 AM
SpursReport Rookie

I'm a Domer too, domerland.

If you listened to Dallas sports radio, you'd know that their favorite subjects to lampoon are Jones and Cuban, and that included Cuban's comments this series.

Dallas is a frontrunner town...that's why I live in Fort Worth. But I went to Mavs games when Walter Bond was the shooting guard and Shawn Bradley was the leading scorer, so I'm going to enjoy this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan in domerland 1
Have you ever listened to dallas sports radio? It makes Jeff Vexler sound like Steve Kerr. They suk. Immature and very unprofessional. They forget they are even a sports radio station. Dallas radio laughing at Pop is like prostitue calling someone a wh0re because they kiss on the first date. Between the Genius and Maturity of Mark Cuban and the dui, plastic sugery gone bad Cowboys owner Jerry Jones you wold think they have more important things to laugh at.

South Bend, IN has better sports talk than Dallas does.

Championships come and go but stupid is forever!

I lived in Dallas before moving to SA. Incredible frontrunner town.
Old 05-23-06, 02:12 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

I think every realizes how utterly immature the Mavericks fanbase and organization is. In the NBA... like owner, like fan.

Mark Cuban is a very immature man. He became rich quickly during the tech bubble, and got out early enough to keep his money. Because he gained such a gross amount so quickly, he acts like a little school girl with it, shopping around for his ponies and NBA franchises. The man is an immature joke: he treats NBA officials, other NBA teams, and fans of other teams like dirt. This mentality has spread to the fans, as they too treat other teams and other teams' fans with absolutely ZERO respect.

I for one try to always be very respectful of fans after the Spurs beat their team or after the Spurs lose to their team, but I have no place in my heart for the Mavs or their fans.

This ones for you Marky:

"There are many dying children out there whose last wish is to meet me" -David Hasselhoff
Old 05-23-06, 02:13 AM
SpursReport Rookie

As Sam the Sham and the Pharoahs used to say:

I would write them a letter but I couldn't spell $@#!%
That's all I have to say.

Buckaroo Banzai
Old 05-23-06, 02:20 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Winner get all the praise. Loser get all the fu?k. Thats all about it. Life goes on.
Old 05-23-06, 02:23 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

well the good thing is that this aint over..they gotta face Phx now.. we'll see who outscores each other now...
Old 05-23-06, 02:24 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjlawler
so I'm going to enjoy this.
Enjoy them not winning a championship because that's exactly what's going to happen.
Old 05-23-06, 02:37 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krycek1
Enjoy them not winning a championship because that's exactly what's going to happen.
i second that
Old 05-23-06, 06:43 AM
SpursReport Rookie

We will see. PHX will be interesting, and I'll make no predictions. I'd rather see DET in the finals, if it goes that far, since their center is not offensive-minded...has been a problem for the Mavs, as you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea js
i second that
Old 05-23-06, 08:39 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnington
They're laughing because they deserve it. We would do it the same. Don't be sour grapes!!!
Why does anyone need to laugh like that at winning a seven game series, win or lose? If people are so insecure about freaking sporting events, it makes me wonder what their personal lives must be like.
Old 05-23-06, 09:43 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
This became a glaring weakness when facing a team like the Mavs who apparently figured out the way to beat us is by going to small ball.
Yes don't count the Suns out, when they are hot from behind the arc they can beat anyone, and they have been playing small ball all year long.
I'm wondering what lineup Avery is going to use against them, probably the same one he used agaisnt the Spurs.
Old 05-23-06, 09:56 AM
SpursReport Team Member

what do you expect? mavs fans aren't used to winning, so they don't know how to act. they see how their bratty, hypocritical, strung-out owner acts and they follow his lead. it's a fake, plastic town that the rest of the state hates.

they took the series. fine. i can handle that because you don't win 'em all. they just don't know how to act because they haven't won anything in the past.
Old 05-23-06, 09:57 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

To the victors go the spoils.
Old 05-23-06, 10:38 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnington
Well I am not psychologist, so i don't know. But I think that laughing is a good way to relieve tensions. And to laugh about the losing team is a way to become more secure about their flaws. Is the war culture. You impose your values to the losing side by making fun of their "inferior" culture.

I don't care if they laugh, also if the make fun about us. They won, the day belongs to them. Is time for they to be happy.

GO PISTONS!!!!!
Bravo, bonnington. Bien dicho.
Old 05-23-06, 11:31 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejasfight
Talk radio here is laughing their asses off. They can't get over how the Avery has forced Pop into playing his game versus the other way around.

To be honest . . neither can I.
I agree......Pop use the bigs....your paying them for what?
Old 05-23-06, 11:32 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Being in Dallas, the one thing I heard repeatedly when the Mavs were up 3-1 was this: "the series is not over"
Old 05-23-06, 11:36 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

mavs have not won anything yet except a 2nd round series that they could have lost (etc etc )... so radio Dallas ought to wait and see...
Old 05-23-06, 11:38 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Trust me...they are waiting. I don't think anyone on Dallas radio has mentioned anything about them being favorites to win anything out of the remaining 4.
Old 05-23-06, 01:18 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

spurs fans, you just have to take it. they have wanted us for years and they finally did it. they were all on pins and needles after game 6 and for sure in game 7. they won, they can laugh. end of story.

do i believe they win it all, nope.