News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-06, 12:10 AM
SpursReport Team Member

So is everyone here just going to give up?

It seems all Im seeing is this is over Wed. F That. What kinda fan can claim their even a fan by just declaring it over? Dallas hasnt done anything till they win 4 games. Not 3. AS Kenny just said on TNT..the Spurs should get game 5 and it all comes down to game 6 in Dallas. Dallas cannot win a game 7 in SA.

Give up if you want but the fanbase of SA is looking like a joke right now. If people dont show up for game 5 ready to cheer their ass off to help SA win that game they should stop being Spurs fans
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-16-06, 12:12 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

no

I sure as hell am not giving up. plenty here will though.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-16-06, 12:15 AM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

I am not giving up...it will be very hard to beat this team 3 games ina row.

But the Spurs played well enough in Dallas that tells me they could get one there if they get it to game 6.

Anyway...lets go to SA and get one at a time.
Brooklyn's #1 Spurs fan!!!
Old 05-16-06, 12:17 AM

F@#k no.

The refs are making the Mavs look like world beaters. Bottom line.

That is two straight games where the officiating has cost us the win. I hate complaining about officiating, but this was attrocious. Taking Ginobili out of the game on his sixth foul and contiously putting Nowitzki on the FT line for breathing on him is simply criminal.

Dallas has hit some big shots and I'll give them credit for that. They're taking it to us.

But I refuse to believe that this team can beat us with the refs calling it down the middle. Small lineup, big lineup. Whatever.

Now, this series will have to go the distance because of shady officials.

One game at a time.

Spurs in 7.
SpursReport Team Bench

its going to be an uphill battle but its gonna be incredible when we beat them down and win this series
SpursReport Rookie

No Way!
Spurs will win this series...

Go! Spurs!
SpursReport Rookie

Spare me, have you seen the odds of teams coming back from a 3-1 deficit? Have you even noticed the way that we've played BEHIND most of the series, except for a part of this game? Be honest with yourself for God's sake!! I'm a fan and know the writing on the wall, even when they did win. We're not quick enough, the refs are screwing us left and right, and in typical Spurs fashion, they'll lose the game they really, really need. End of story.
Old 05-16-06, 12:18 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I ain't ever giving up. It just sucks the refs gave the mavs the game back.
SpursReport Team Bench

I will be there WEDNESDAY -- and I'll be there for game 7 too

THERE WILL BE A GAME 7
SpursReport Rookie

I BELIEVE BUT WILL THE SPURS BELIEVE?

THEY HAVE A TENDENCY TO GET DOWN ON THEMSELVES BUT I'M HOPING THE FANS IN SAN ANTONIO WILL RILE THEM UP!!!!!!

THEY HAVE TO BELIEVE THEY CAN STILL WIN!!!!!!

HOPEFULLY THE REFS WILL FREAKING GIVE US A BREAK AT HOME THOUGH BECAUSE THESE LAST TWO GAMES WERE PITIFUL!!!!!
SpursReport Team Member

No, not every fan will give up. Lets just hope the Fat Lady is nowhere to be seen at the AT&T Center on Wednesday. Win or lose Spurs fan forever here.
SpursReport Team Bench

I'll never give up. I might get drunk and talk sh!t when we are losing, but I'll never give up! I HATE THE ******* Maverivcks.

Old 05-16-06, 12:21 AM
SpursReport Rookie

I can't believe my travel thread got removed....what kind of crap is that?
SpursReport Team Member

I'll never give up... not on this team, not on these players.

We will win this series... naysayers STFU!
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffordsound
Spare me, have you seen the odds of teams coming back from a 3-1 deficit? Have you even noticed the way that we've played BEHIND most of the series, except for a part of this game? Be honest with yourself for God's sake!! I'm a fan and know the writing on the wall, even when they did win. We're not quick enough, the refs are screwing us left and right, and in typical Spurs fashion, they'll lose the game they really, really need. End of story.
"typical spurs fashion" come on. i havent seen TYPICAL in a spurs team since before 98

its gonna be tough and we may lose but quitting while you still have a shot is weak.
SpursReport Rookie

no backing out right NOW!
it's time to double our cheers ....

anyway if they loose, am a proud SPURS fan still!
Old 05-16-06, 12:23 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
I would hate to go into any kinda battle with you. how pathetic
Old 05-16-06, 12:24 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Im not giving up....I still think we can win.
We win game 5 at home(Hopefully refs dont intervene with the win again :|), and then maybe we can steal one from the mavericks in game 6, then it's game 7 at home.
We almost won games 3 & 4, and in my belief we should be up 3-1 instead but the refs had other plans, but if you look at it this way: we almost won on the mavericks home court twice with the refs against us also.
You'll see were not out of it yet, I just hope the Spurs play that way in game 5.

~Ian
SpursReport Team Member

I think we can agree that the officiating is pathetic, but until the Spurs play some championship defense and stop playing small ball, we're not going to change around things.

"Bring it"
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
I will never, ever give up on this team or any other Spurs team. And this is a different team, not one of those other teams that couldn't pull it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichB
F@#k no.

That is two straight games where the officiating has cost us the win. I hate complaining about officiating, but this was attrocious. Taking Ginobili out of the game on his sixth foul and contiously putting Nowitzki on the FT line for breathing on him is simply criminal.

Dallas has hit some big shots and I'll give them credit for that. They're taking it to us.

But I refuse to believe that this team can beat us with the refs calling it down the middle. Small lineup, big lineup. Whatever.

One game at a time.

Spurs in 7.
Couldn't have said it better.
Old 05-16-06, 12:25 AM
SpursReport Rookie

i love my spurs.. but no way in hell we gunna win this one now
Old 05-16-06, 12:25 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Did the US give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no I won't give up!
Old 05-16-06, 12:27 AM
SpursReport Rookie

I think just assuming the Spurs will snap out of it & win 3 gms in a row is crazy, especially against a pretty darn good Mavs team. The Spurs are not getting enough of a contribution from the team. As edvidence you have your three best players score 90 pts and still lose..........

It's never over until it's over, with that said I'm can honestly say it's over .
SpursReport Rookie

NEVER!

Even thousands of miles away from SA, I'll be cheering my heart out in front of the TV because I believe in this team.
SpursReport Rookie

Hey, I'm a realist. That's all. There is two sides to every fight. I've seen them lose the games that they really need to win. Unless all of you have simultaneous amnesia, then cut the act like I'm a psycho and wake up. I understand people want the warm and fuzzy "Oooh, they're going to pull it out!!" post, but I'm here just to give a dose of reality.

Judging from the series so far, if the Spurs beat the Mavs 3 STRAIGHT, I'll leave this forum forever. Either that or cut off my own foot or something extreme to that nature...
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
F@#k no.

One game at a time.

Spurs in 7.
Gotta say I admire your optimism. No doubt the officiating has been absolutely terrible, the call on Bowen guarding Dirk just may have been the call the ended the Spurs season, IMO. If we get game 5, which we should, the Mavs will feel some pressure, but game 6 would really be the key game.
Old 05-16-06, 12:28 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

you take one game at a time

if you get 5..then you need 6

can Dallas win a game 7 in SA? no
Old 05-16-06, 12:28 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I'm not giving up! Will the Spurs as a team give up? I think that's the issue here.

The refs should go to h*ll!
Old 05-16-06, 12:29 AM
SpursReport Rookie

We can't use our firepower when the refs do that two straight games. But, we will win Game 5 and send it back to Dallas. Spurs in 7

Buckaroo Banzai
Old 05-16-06, 12:30 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Hey, I'm a realist. That's all. There is two sides to every fight. I've seen them lose the games that they really need to win. Unless all of you have simultaneous amnesia, then cut the act like I'm a psycho and wake up. I understand people want the warm and fuzzy "Oooh, they're going to pull it out!!" post, but I'm here just to give a dose of reality.

Judging from the series so far, if the Spurs beat the Mavs 3 STRAIGHT, I'll leave this forum forever. Either that or cut off my own foot or something extreme to that nature...
I love it when people come in here saying they are here to give everyone reality

maybe SA doesnt win it..but maybe they do. Its certainly not over. Your reality doesnt mean its the actual reality. no one knows what that is. Your claims of how SA is done dont mean any more than people wanting to still think SA isnt done yet. Its called being a fan and some people dont like to give up so easy
Old 05-16-06, 12:33 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Well the Spurs are definitely due. I don't think that it's as hard as people think. We played them as close as possible both road games. Bring it back, then go there and get the one that we deserve.

Spurs in seven.
SpursReport Rookie

They have been there the whole series, minus game 2. They just need to take it one game at a time, like DizzG said. After this series is over, there will be no doubt in anyones mind that the Spurs are a Dynasty and one of the greatest of all time. In the meantime I'll just say a quick prayer to El Santo Niño de Atocha.
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Horry
Did the US give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no I won't give up!
I truly hope you're kidding.....
Old 05-16-06, 12:34 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denied__11
It's a line from Animal House....
Old 05-16-06, 12:34 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:

I think its the TYPICAL tag you attached to a 3 time champion that riles me up more than you giving up while you still got one chance to change everything. Everybody knows its gonna be incredibly hard to beat them 3 times straight but as long as we have a shot its sad to see someone give up period. fight till you can fight no more is better than we are down 3-1 its over i give up.
Old 05-16-06, 12:36 AM
SpursReport Team Member

lol that was some much appreciated comedy
Old 05-16-06, 12:37 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Werd
Old 05-16-06, 12:37 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
I belive its a simpsons refrence.

As for still beleiving, I see you got two choices:

You can beleive they will make it and win the series regardless of "da numbas" and they could still lose

or you can beleive they have no chance because you like your stats, and they lose

Personally I like the former, I say why feel bad twice, during the series and after the series.
Old 05-16-06, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Quote:
I belive its a simpsons refrence.

Can we have some posters that were actually born BEFORE 1986?

This is the second time today someone has used that same joke and the second time someone thought they were serious.

Setting up an age limit to this board would certainly help with clean up some of the garbage that is posted here.

SpursReport Rookie

OK. Whew
SpursReport Team Member

Its not even about giving up for me. I honestly feel we're going to win this thing. And we're going to win by 10 or more on Wed.
Old 05-16-06, 12:40 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

wasnt it yogi barra who said that originally?
spurs in 7
Old 05-16-06, 12:42 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:

This is the second time today someone has used that same joke and the second time someone thought they were serious.

Setting up an age limit to this board would certainly help with clean up some of the garbage that is posted here.

Hey RichB, I agree. I took it for granted that everyone would catch the reference. I missed it earlier, or I would have gone for something out of Police Academy
Old 05-16-06, 12:42 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:

Actually its an Animal House reference....
Old 05-16-06, 12:44 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I was able to get one lone ticket to game 5. But I'll be there screaming my Azz off!! We can do this!! Spurs in 7

!!!GO SPURS GO!!!

Mess with the SPURS and you'll get dealt with!
Old 05-16-06, 12:46 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu_Tres
I was pretty sure its older than animal house. yogi bara era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu_Tres
I know EXACTLY what it is. That's the whole POINT!
SpursReport Rookie

As far as I know...Dallas hasn't won anything yet. The refs were the ones who won it for them.
Old 05-16-06, 12:48 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

im too young i guess, haha
Old 05-16-06, 12:52 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Chris Lowell sure does fit Mouse's MO.

Well, if you are Mouse, thanks, that was a good post. The Spurs need all their fans for game 5.
Then chances are good that YOU ALMOST FREAKING KILLED ME IN THE PARKING LOT