News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 05-16-06, 12:01 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Time to face reality

The series ends Wednesday. This team is too small, too slow, too old, too shallow, and too psyched out by the officials to beat Dallas three games in a row. You can see in the players' body language that they know it too.

We need to find a center and overhaul our bench if we're going to get back to the top of the Western Conference.

Last edited by LAsucksForever; 05-16-06 at 12:07 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-16-06, 12:05 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I agree with you.. Aside from Parker, Manu, TD and Bowen.. we don't have any athletic guys..
Old 05-16-06, 12:05 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

So the Spurs should not even try since they have no shot to win game 5?

The series isnt over till someone wins 4. not 3
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-16-06, 12:07 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Well, the series isnt over yet...

But "reality"??? Thats something 90% of the members on this board arent in line with
Old 05-16-06, 12:07 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I'm bumbed out right now, but no way am I giving up on this team. I'll be with them to the fighting end whether it come wednesday, saturday, or monday or not at all. These teams are too close to think that the Spurs can not come back. A few bounces and the Mavs won, a few bounces and the Spurs are right back. I love this team! And you all do too! and I am with them until the end
Old 05-16-06, 12:13 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzG

Series OVER! Get a dose of REALITY! Dallas will not loose 3 in a row!
COUNT ON IT!
Old 05-16-06, 12:16 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAsucksForever
The series ends Wednesday. This team is too small, too slow, too old, too shallow, and too psyched out by the officials to beat Dallas three games in a row. You can see in the players' body language that they know it too.
I said in the beginning of the season! But I digress...b/c I really love this team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzG

That's no LAsucks point! I'm still w/ the Spurs! Game 5 is Wednesday and I'll be watching!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahoopster
I'm bumbed out right now, but no way am I giving up on this team. I'll be with them to the fighting end whether it come wednesday, saturday, or monday or not at all. These teams are too close to think that the Spurs can not come back. A few bounces and the Mavs won, a few bounces and the Spurs are right back. I love this team! And you all do too! and I am with them until the end
ME TOO!!!!!!!!!! See the aforementioned.

I think we can bounce back...no I know we can and that's not b/c we're playing at home. See, the Spurs had never won a Game 7 before until last year. Just think if we take this to 7 games and WIN IT!!!!!!! Then Stern and the pansies of the NBA will be upset again that we'll be advancing.

LET'S GO SPURS...LET'S GO!!

Let's go Spurs!

Old 05-16-06, 12:16 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Hey guys, come on

this isn't the Lakers with shaq/kobe/phil/fisher

or even the Jazz with malone/stockton

I use to hate those teams and really be bummed when we lost. but now ehhh... I honestly don't care if the mavs win, right now you can't be too upset. The Mavs hit tough shots and out played the spurs...

Ladies and Gentlemen, don't be grumpy and miserable in the morning or Mark Cuban Wins!!!
Old 05-16-06, 12:17 AM
SpursReport Team Member

This is a really bitter pill to swallow. I think I could handle it better if it hadn't been for the influence of the refs in the last 3 games. And that problem is not going away. It only teases now.

AJ said he realized they got some gifts and breaks...but he doesn't care how they get them, fair or not. Shows you the difference between the two ball clubs.

By the way...you can't email Cuban...they turned it off.
Old 05-16-06, 12:19 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I'm not going to watch game 5.

I'm going to watch game 6.

"Bring it"
Old 05-16-06, 12:20 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Ya if u come to terms with reality now, then wed wont be as tough to deal with. The spurs had thier chances, I think it was the refs more then anything. Everytime the spurs gained momentum there were bs calls that went against them. This just wasnt our year, the spurs werent as dominant as they have been in the past, something we all just have to accept.

On the positive note, we all now know timmy still has PLENTY of gas left in his tank. Hes been killer
Old 05-16-06, 12:22 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackice

COUNT ON IT!
I think Im going to continue to watch if thats ok

SA wins game 5 and it all comes to game 6

Dallas cannot and will not win a game 7 in SA

Give up if you want...but I think that just sucks ass for fan to do..but whatever
Old 05-16-06, 12:27 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I personally think the officiating is so atrocious, that it's going to be a Spurs blowout in SA for game 5.

"Bring it"
Old 05-16-06, 12:28 AM
SpursReport Rookie

No, no, no.

We have a center . . . we have what got us 63 wins. I can see us trying to play match-up basketball if we were the fricking Nuggets. But we're not.

I could care less about what it says on paper. Let's put in the lineup that got us here. If we lose by 40 then we lose by 40.

This team was put together for a reason. A good, sound reason. Let's follow that train of thought until the end . . . whenever that might be
Old 05-16-06, 12:34 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Did the Suns give up when they were down 3-1? NO!

Spurs will win. I believe.
Old 05-16-06, 12:36 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackice

COUNT ON IT!
...if there are refs in the next three games. i am beginning to lose my patience in david stern and the nba. i'd better watch another league, or sport. the nba s*cks big time now! before it used to be jordan, now it's kobe, lebron and mark cuban and the mavs. who's next?
Old 05-16-06, 12:38 AM
SpursReport Team Member

the thing is, I believe in the Spurs but I don't believe in Pop and the Officials.
Old 05-16-06, 12:42 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Whether or not the Series goes five or six games it's over people, I'm going to watch til the bitter end but it's over. Our 3 best players scored 90 pts and lost. I'll be the first to admit it the Spurs just don't matchup with those Mavs . As for 63 wins, I might be wrong but they didn't play them Mavs 82 times did they?