News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 05-14-06, 07:12 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Why not troll? Here's why

Sometimes I wonder why it is that whenever the Spurs are playing a particular playoff team, I don't go onto that team's message board and run smack the way we get them here all the time.

That's when it hits me - there's no reason to troll. These other lame-o's have suffered enough.

My team is undefeated in Finals play. My team is third in the NBA, all-time, in lifetime winning percentage - behind the Lakers and Celtics, the two teams with 31 NBA titles between them. We've got all sorts of award winners in our history - MVP, All-NBA, DPOY, COY - you name it. We've had classy and humble superstars, once-in-a-generation players who rate among the best 60 NBA players of all time.

Why would I go onto the board of a team that still makes a big deal about 50 wins, division titles, or hangs a "6th Man" banner in their otherwise dusty and barren rafters? I don't want to get the stink of mediocrity on me.

So when I get annoyed at these ridiculous smack runners who troll in from around the league, I take comfort from the fact that they're just here hoping to catch some of what we've got. Then I can't say I blame them.
Old 05-14-06, 07:15 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Someone sticky this.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-14-06, 07:17 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs 2-0, Rockets 2-2, Jazz 0-2

So when I get annoyed at these ridiculous smack runners who troll in from around the league, I take comfort from the fact that they're just here hoping to catch some of what we've got. Then I can't say I blame them.
Well said. It was strange last night at the AA center. My husband and I were noticing the lack of banners in the rafters. I actually felt a little sorry for them... "snif"... "tear"

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-14-06, 07:18 PM
MomBear

Old 05-14-06, 07:20 PM
SpursReport Team Member

well said..

Quote:
Sometimes I wonder why it is that whenever the Spurs are playing a particular playoff team, I don't go onto that team's message board and run smack the way we get them here all the time.

That's when it hits me - there's no reason to troll. These other lame-o's have suffered enough.

My team is undefeated in Finals play. My team is third in the NBA, all-time, in lifetime winning percentage - behind the Lakers and Celtics, the two teams with 31 NBA titles between them. We've got all sorts of award winners in our history - MVP, All-NBA, DPOY, COY - you name it. We've had classy and humble superstars, once-in-a-generation players who rate among the best 60 NBA players of all time.

Why would I go onto the board of a team that still makes a big deal about 50 wins, division titles, or hangs a "6th Man" banner in their otherwise dusty and barren rafters? I don't want to get the stink of mediocrity on me.

Old 05-14-06, 07:23 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:

I'd sum it up as "They are looking for a life."
Old 05-14-06, 07:27 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Psst. Might wanna tell that to the Spurs trolls on the Mavericks boards.
Old 05-14-06, 07:30 PM
MomBear

No they're you're problem.. and they are not from this board....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamabanana
Old 05-14-06, 07:33 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomBear
No they're you're problem.. and they are not from this board....

That's fine and understandable. I just don't want anyone to think that there aren't trolls that follow each and every team and infiltrate the opposing teams message board whenever the two teams meet. It's across the board and has nothing to do with "winning tradition".
Old 05-14-06, 07:33 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Well, that was certainly worth the 3 & 1/2 year wait!
Old 05-14-06, 07:35 PM
MomBear

Old 05-14-06, 07:35 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Yeah I had a few posts way back in 2002, but for some reason I guess those expired or something.
Old 05-14-06, 07:39 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
I just don't want anyone to think that there aren't trolls that follow each and every team and infiltrate the opposing teams message board whenever the two teams meet. It's across the board and has nothing to do with "winning tradition".
Guess what. Nobody here is thinking the way you described. In fact, no one with a brain is thinking this way. So, you can save your little speech because it applies to no one.
Old 05-14-06, 07:42 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Location: The capital of Texas...that's right...Sunset Valley

Quote:
"Revenge is a dish best served cold." -- Ancient Vulcan Proverb

"Married men live longer. Yes. And an indoor cat also lives longer. It's a furball with a broken spirit, that can only look out on a world it can never enjoy. But it does technically live longer." - Bill Maher
Old 05-14-06, 07:45 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I can't say I understand why I'm getting flamed now, but so be it.
Old 05-14-06, 07:58 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
dont worry about the haters banana. just brush it off your shoulder like mamba would
Old 05-14-06, 08:05 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM5K
dont worry about the haters banana. just brush it off your shoulder like mamba would
Old 05-14-06, 08:05 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
......do you need a map with a legends key? Come on now!!! Read away, but limit your posts........
Old 05-14-06, 08:17 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSchmo
"Revenge is a dish best served cold." -- Ancient Vulcan Proverb

Sorry for the correction but I believe it's an ancient Klingon proverb.
Old 05-14-06, 08:31 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

its not even worth it

I post on another sports board that isnt a Mavs board but has lots of Mav fans there...and trying to talk to them about this series is next to impossible. its basically Spurs suck...their done and the Mavs are embarking on the AJ dynasty
Old 05-14-06, 08:57 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Dizz...I know what you mean, I'm a pretty big regular there too. Those Mavs fans are unbearable
Old 05-14-06, 09:08 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzG
its not even worth it

I post on another sports board that isnt a Mavs board but has lots of Mav fans there...and trying to talk to them about this series is next to impossible. its basically Spurs suck...their done and the Mavs are embarking on the AJ dynasty
The only Mavs board I read is http://www.dallas-mavs.com . I lurk there much like I do here, but they seem knowledgable and pretty accomodating to knowledgable fans of other teams. You might give that a try.
Old 05-14-06, 10:12 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
The only Mavs board I read is http://www.dallas-mavs.com . I lurk there much like I do here, but they seem knowledgable and pretty accomodating to knowledgable fans of other teams. You might give that a try.
No one is forcing you to stay here.
Old 05-14-06, 10:23 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousspirit
No one is forcing you to stay here.
I was just trying to be helpful. I'm not here to cause problems or anything nor did I mean anything derogatory by pointing to a Mavericks message board. My apologies.
Old 05-14-06, 10:31 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEmHorns
Dizz...I know what you mean, I'm a pretty big regular there too. Those Mavs fans are unbearable
yeah and even moreso on another board you are prob familer with

They are actually think the game last night was called down the line and bashing any Spurs fan that dares think the game wasnt 100% called that way
Old 05-14-06, 10:36 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I am tired of fans disguising their taunts and disrupting the posters on this board in what appears to be a weak attempt at meaningful discussion. There are some threads that have been going back and forth for over 100 posts and the first 10 and last 10 posts pretty much say it all.

I didn't mean to single you out Iamabanana. This is not personal until/if you make it personal. You were my scapegoat and set yourself up pretty easily. Sorry for that,
Old 05-14-06, 10:51 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousspirit
I am tired of fans disguising their taunts and disrupting the posters on this board in what appears to be a weak attempt at meaningful discussion. There are some threads that have been going back and forth for over 100 posts and the first 10 and last 10 posts pretty much say it all.

I didn't mean to single you out Iamabanana. This is not personal until/if you make it personal. You were my scapegoat and set yourself up pretty easily. Sorry for that,
No worries. I doubt I'll be posting much anyways. I'm much more of a lurker. Tensions are a little high right now and that's perfectly understandable. It's always like that during the playoffs.
Old 05-14-06, 10:54 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Mav fans are saying elsewhere that even Duncans call to foul out was 100% legit

its pointless to even try and reason with some of this stuff out there
Old 05-14-06, 10:57 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

exactly DizzG. Some of the mav fans posting here are the same, IMO.
Old 05-14-06, 11:06 PM
MomBear

Yeah and then you have the spurs "I know more than you and you have to listen to me" fans who think no one knows what they're talking about except them... which really is starting to get old...