News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
  #1  
Old 05-14-06, 07:12 PM
SRJ's Avatar
SRJ SRJ is offline
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Victoria, TX
Posts: 4,133
Why not troll? Here's why

Sometimes I wonder why it is that whenever the Spurs are playing a particular playoff team, I don't go onto that team's message board and run smack the way we get them here all the time.

That's when it hits me - there's no reason to troll. These other lame-o's have suffered enough.

My team is undefeated in Finals play. My team is third in the NBA, all-time, in lifetime winning percentage - behind the Lakers and Celtics, the two teams with 31 NBA titles between them. We've got all sorts of award winners in our history - MVP, All-NBA, DPOY, COY - you name it. We've had classy and humble superstars, once-in-a-generation players who rate among the best 60 NBA players of all time.

Why would I go onto the board of a team that still makes a big deal about 50 wins, division titles, or hangs a "6th Man" banner in their otherwise dusty and barren rafters? I don't want to get the stink of mediocrity on me.

So when I get annoyed at these ridiculous smack runners who troll in from around the league, I take comfort from the fact that they're just here hoping to catch some of what we've got. Then I can't say I blame them.
__________________
Please click the link below to read and review my new short story:
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-14-06, 07:15 PM
admiralsnackbar's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 510

Someone sticky this.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-14-06, 07:17 PM
Barb-A-Coa's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,834

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs 2-0, Rockets 2-2, Jazz 0-2

So when I get annoyed at these ridiculous smack runners who troll in from around the league, I take comfort from the fact that they're just here hoping to catch some of what we've got. Then I can't say I blame them.
Well said. It was strange last night at the AA center. My husband and I were noticing the lack of banners in the rafters. I actually felt a little sorry for them... "snif"... "tear"
__________________

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-14-06, 07:18 PM
MomBear's Avatar
MomBear
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-14-06, 07:20 PM
gooduy's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Markham, ON, Canada
Posts: 310

well said..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs 2-0, Rockets 2-2, Jazz 0-2
Sometimes I wonder why it is that whenever the Spurs are playing a particular playoff team, I don't go onto that team's message board and run smack the way we get them here all the time.

That's when it hits me - there's no reason to troll. These other lame-o's have suffered enough.

My team is undefeated in Finals play. My team is third in the NBA, all-time, in lifetime winning percentage - behind the Lakers and Celtics, the two teams with 31 NBA titles between them. We've got all sorts of award winners in our history - MVP, All-NBA, DPOY, COY - you name it. We've had classy and humble superstars, once-in-a-generation players who rate among the best 60 NBA players of all time.

Why would I go onto the board of a team that still makes a big deal about 50 wins, division titles, or hangs a "6th Man" banner in their otherwise dusty and barren rafters? I don't want to get the stink of mediocrity on me.

So when I get annoyed at these ridiculous smack runners who troll in from around the league, I take comfort from the fact that they're just here hoping to catch some of what we've got. Then I can't say I blame them.
__________________
-------------------------------------------------------------
Proud to be a Fil-Chinese Spurs Fan!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-14-06, 07:23 PM
SlamDunc21's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs 2-0, Rockets 2-2, Jazz 0-2
Sometimes I wonder why it is that whenever the Spurs are playing a particular playoff team, I don't go onto that team's message board and run smack the way we get them here all the time.

That's when it hits me - there's no reason to troll. These other lame-o's have suffered enough.

My team is undefeated in Finals play. My team is third in the NBA, all-time, in lifetime winning percentage - behind the Lakers and Celtics, the two teams with 31 NBA titles between them. We've got all sorts of award winners in our history - MVP, All-NBA, DPOY, COY - you name it. We've had classy and humble superstars, once-in-a-generation players who rate among the best 60 NBA players of all time.

Why would I go onto the board of a team that still makes a big deal about 50 wins, division titles, or hangs a "6th Man" banner in their otherwise dusty and barren rafters? I don't want to get the stink of mediocrity on me.

So when I get annoyed at these ridiculous smack runners who troll in from around the league, I take comfort from the fact that they're just here hoping to catch some of what we've got. Then I can't say I blame them.
I'd sum it up as "They are looking for a life."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-14-06, 07:27 PM
Iamabanana's Avatar
SpursReport Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 11

Psst. Might wanna tell that to the Spurs trolls on the Mavericks boards.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-14-06, 07:30 PM
MomBear's Avatar
MomBear
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

No they're you're problem.. and they are not from this board....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamabanana
Psst. Might wanna tell that to the Spurs trolls on the Mavericks boards.
.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-14-06, 07:33 PM
Iamabanana's Avatar
SpursReport Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomBear
No they're you're problem.. and they are not from this board....

.
That's fine and understandable. I just don't want anyone to think that there aren't trolls that follow each and every team and infiltrate the opposing teams message board whenever the two teams meet. It's across the board and has nothing to do with "winning tradition".
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-14-06, 07:33 PM
SRJ's Avatar
SRJ SRJ is offline
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Victoria, TX
Posts: 4,133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamabanana
Join Date: Oct 2002
Psst. Might wanna tell that to the Spurs trolls on the Mavericks boards.
Well, that was certainly worth the 3 & 1/2 year wait!
__________________
Please click the link below to read and review my new short story:
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-14-06, 07:35 PM
MomBear's Avatar
MomBear
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-14-06, 07:35 PM
Iamabanana's Avatar
SpursReport Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs 2-0, Rockets 2-2, Jazz 0-2
Well, that was certainly worth the 3 & 1/2 year wait!
Yeah I had a few posts way back in 2002, but for some reason I guess those expired or something.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-14-06, 07:39 PM
Robinson50's Avatar
SpursReport Team Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 5,098

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamabanana
I just don't want anyone to think that there aren't trolls that follow each and every team and infiltrate the opposing teams message board whenever the two teams meet. It's across the board and has nothing to do with "winning tradition".
Guess what. Nobody here is thinking the way you described. In fact, no one with a brain is thinking this way. So, you can save your little speech because it applies to no one.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-14-06, 07:42 PM
JoeSchmo's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The capital of Texas...that's right...Sunset Valley
Posts: 840

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs 2-0, Rockets 2-2, Jazz 0-2
Well, that was certainly worth the 3 & 1/2 year wait!
"Revenge is a dish best served cold." -- Ancient Vulcan Proverb

__________________

"Married men live longer. Yes. And an indoor cat also lives longer. It's a furball with a broken spirit, that can only look out on a world it can never enjoy. But it does technically live longer." - Bill Maher
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-14-06, 07:45 PM
Iamabanana's Avatar
SpursReport Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 11

I can't say I understand why I'm getting flamed now, but so be it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-14-06, 07:58 PM
GM5K's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 678

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamabanana
I can't say I understand why I'm getting flamed now, but so be it.
dont worry about the haters banana. just brush it off your shoulder like mamba would
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-14-06, 08:05 PM
Iamabanana's Avatar
SpursReport Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM5K
dont worry about the haters banana. just brush it off your shoulder like mamba would
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-14-06, 08:05 PM
LifelongSpursFan's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: San Antonio, TX USA
Posts: 957

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamabanana
I can't say I understand why I'm getting flamed now, but so be it.
......do you need a map with a legends key? Come on now!!! Read away, but limit your posts........
__________________
Go Spurs Go!!!!!!!!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-14-06, 08:17 PM
esh28_spurs's Avatar
SpursReport Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Houston
Posts: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSchmo
"Revenge is a dish best served cold." -- Ancient Vulcan Proverb

Sorry for the correction but I believe it's an ancient Klingon proverb.
__________________
"To alcohol! The cause of... and solution to all of life's problems!" - Homer J. Simpson
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-14-06, 08:31 PM
DizzG's Avatar
SpursReport Team Captain
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Posts: 8,595

its not even worth it

I post on another sports board that isnt a Mavs board but has lots of Mav fans there...and trying to talk to them about this series is next to impossible. its basically Spurs suck...their done and the Mavs are embarking on the AJ dynasty
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-14-06, 08:57 PM
HookEmHorns's Avatar
SpursReport Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 55

Dizz...I know what you mean, I'm a pretty big regular there too. Those Mavs fans are unbearable
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-14-06, 09:08 PM
Iamabanana's Avatar
SpursReport Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzG
its not even worth it

I post on another sports board that isnt a Mavs board but has lots of Mav fans there...and trying to talk to them about this series is next to impossible. its basically Spurs suck...their done and the Mavs are embarking on the AJ dynasty
The only Mavs board I read is http://www.dallas-mavs.com . I lurk there much like I do here, but they seem knowledgable and pretty accomodating to knowledgable fans of other teams. You might give that a try.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-14-06, 10:12 PM
curiousspirit's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: under the radar
Posts: 3,614

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamabanana
The only Mavs board I read is http://www.dallas-mavs.com . I lurk there much like I do here, but they seem knowledgable and pretty accomodating to knowledgable fans of other teams. You might give that a try.
No one is forcing you to stay here.
__________________
It is what it is -- Bruce Bowen
When everyone thinks alike, no one thinks.-- Bill Walton
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-14-06, 10:23 PM
Iamabanana's Avatar
SpursReport Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousspirit
No one is forcing you to stay here.
I was just trying to be helpful. I'm not here to cause problems or anything nor did I mean anything derogatory by pointing to a Mavericks message board. My apologies.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-14-06, 10:31 PM
DizzG's Avatar
SpursReport Team Captain
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Posts: 8,595

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEmHorns
Dizz...I know what you mean, I'm a pretty big regular there too. Those Mavs fans are unbearable
yeah and even moreso on another board you are prob familer with

They are actually think the game last night was called down the line and bashing any Spurs fan that dares think the game wasnt 100% called that way
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-14-06, 10:36 PM
curiousspirit's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: under the radar
Posts: 3,614

I am tired of fans disguising their taunts and disrupting the posters on this board in what appears to be a weak attempt at meaningful discussion. There are some threads that have been going back and forth for over 100 posts and the first 10 and last 10 posts pretty much say it all.

I didn't mean to single you out Iamabanana. This is not personal until/if you make it personal. You were my scapegoat and set yourself up pretty easily. Sorry for that,
__________________
It is what it is -- Bruce Bowen
When everyone thinks alike, no one thinks.-- Bill Walton
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-14-06, 10:51 PM
Iamabanana's Avatar
SpursReport Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousspirit
I am tired of fans disguising their taunts and disrupting the posters on this board in what appears to be a weak attempt at meaningful discussion. There are some threads that have been going back and forth for over 100 posts and the first 10 and last 10 posts pretty much say it all.

I didn't mean to single you out Iamabanana. This is not personal until/if you make it personal. You were my scapegoat and set yourself up pretty easily. Sorry for that,
No worries. I doubt I'll be posting much anyways. I'm much more of a lurker. Tensions are a little high right now and that's perfectly understandable. It's always like that during the playoffs.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-14-06, 10:54 PM
DizzG's Avatar
SpursReport Team Captain
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Posts: 8,595

Mav fans are saying elsewhere that even Duncans call to foul out was 100% legit

its pointless to even try and reason with some of this stuff out there
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-14-06, 10:57 PM
curiousspirit's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: under the radar
Posts: 3,614

exactly DizzG. Some of the mav fans posting here are the same, IMO.
__________________
It is what it is -- Bruce Bowen
When everyone thinks alike, no one thinks.-- Bill Walton
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-14-06, 11:06 PM
MomBear's Avatar
MomBear
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Yeah and then you have the spurs "I know more than you and you have to listen to me" fans who think no one knows what they're talking about except them... which really is starting to get old...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.7.4 Copyright © 2000-2008 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0