News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 05-14-06, 03:13 PM
SpursReport Rookie

THE "MANU FLOP" CLIP

From the Dallas Morning News:

"High price of entertainment
The Mavericks showed a video in the first half of Saturday's game called the Manu Flop.

The clip, set to the tune of Monster Mash, showed Spurs guard Manu Ginobili in various stages of flopping with the incredulous response of the Mavericks and others. The crowd roared its approval.

The NBA office won't find it as amusing.

The clip is sure to draw a fine from the league, because it focuses on an opposing player and how he performs on the court. It won't be the first time the club is fined for a humorous video in the playoffs. Remember the clip two years ago with then-Sacramento guard Doug Christie in a dog collar being led around by his wife?

David Moore "

THE MANU FLOP? OK HE'S HAD A COUPLE OF UNFORTUNATE INCIDENTS LATELY (GAME 3 Vs KINGS & GAME 3 AGAINST MAVS) BUT WHO ARE THEY TO ATTEMPT TO RIDICULE MANU? JUST COMPARE...

MANU: 2 TIMES NBA CHAMPION
OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALIST
EUROLEAGUE CHAMPION & MVP

MAVERICKS: 0 TITLES IN ANYTHING

LETS WIN GAME 4 TO SHUT UP THESE LOSERS COZ THEY ARE GETTING A BIT ANNOYING...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-14-06, 03:26 PM
SpursReport Team Member

we will shut them up soon enough
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-14-06, 03:30 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Good, can't wait for another fine.
Old 05-14-06, 03:45 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I just got home from Dallas. I was at the game last night. I am a "girl" and when they played that clip I was shocked. I have never seen anything like that. All day on Dallas radio announcers were calling for roughing up the Spurs. They were calling names like pizza face to Pop, etc... you get the picture. One caller said he was going to hit any Spurs fans around him in the face. I was thinking ... I could use the money... bring it on.. LOL.

The fans around me were pretty nice and very talkative, but the organization acted like trash last night. I read alot back at the hotel here at SpursReport... I'm getting a little bummed about the direction of the NBA, perhaps it has always been this way and I have been blind. If there is no fine for the Manu flop clip, I'm going to be about done.

My biggest beef is that there are children in the building who think it is appropriate behavior to ridicule another human being. Anyhow, my 2 cents.

Barb

Old 05-14-06, 05:34 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Well, that is Mark Cuban for you...because that organization is taking their lead from him. What an @$$!! That is why I am upset with AJ for working for someone like that....:sad
Old 05-14-06, 05:39 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnington
They are classless. I don't understand some things about the American culture.
that's not American Culture, thats the Cuban Culture.
Old 05-14-06, 05:45 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I remember when I was living in Dallas once and was at a sports bar with some friends watching a dallas-sa game.

We were told to shut up or leave because we were chearing for the spurs. At some point waitress said we'd be better off leaving because half the bar was murmuring about starting a fight with us.
Old 05-14-06, 05:53 PM
SpursReport Rookie

It clearly HURTS that San Antonio rules and Dallas (who they think is the center of the world) has NEVER won anything.....lol They are such a bunch of losers.

It will be so cool when we win Game 4....
Old 05-14-06, 05:56 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangelis
It clearly HURTS that San Antonio rules and Dallas (who they think is the center of the world) has NEVER won anything.....lol They are such a bunch of losers.

It will be so cool when we win Game 4....
The Spurs are 2-12 in their last 14 game 4's but for some reason I feel like the tables are turning and Spurs will get things going in game 4 now that they've established how to attack the basket in the 4th quarter. Hopefully, Mavs don't get the same bogus call this time around.
Old 05-14-06, 11:04 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Dallas has such an inferiority complex of the Spurs and it starts with their owner, Mark IMGAY Cuban. They make fun of what they are invious of and cant overcome. Mark IMGAY Cuban is such a wimpy spoiled rich kid that he has to go out and try to buy his way to whatever he wants IE - respect, friends, wins, refs, the list is endless. And when you combine this with the City of Dallas, where everyone is better than anybody, anywhere attitude, the pomposity is sickening. Spurs just need to get the next game and move on to game 5
Old 05-14-06, 11:11 PM
SpursReport Rookie

these kind of uneathical and unclassy deed should be punished!
that not a work of a true sportsman ....
anyway, mavs never will become a true sportsman since their owner is sportsgay..
Old 05-14-06, 11:24 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Any updates on this? Because I'll tell you what.. If the Mavs don't get fined then they are fair game when we get back to San Antonio. And the series is coming back. Did they forget that?
Old 05-15-06, 01:34 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Why don't the SPURS mgmt to show it to the team and get some fire from them?
Old 05-15-06, 01:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by intlspurshk
Why don't the SPURS mgmt to show it to the team and get some fire from them?
If you need something like that to fire you up you aren't much of a player. This is GAME 4 for goodness sakes. There will be a HUGE fine for that video though.
Old 05-15-06, 01:41 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnington
They are classless. I don't understand some things about the American culture.
Classless is classless in any culture.

I almost didn't open this thread because I thought that it would be a cheesy video. I didn't realize that they played one on the jumbotron during the game. I really hope that Cuban and the entire organization is fined for this.
Old 05-15-06, 07:19 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I too was at the game, and this is my take on that clip. it didn't focus on Manu. As a matter of fact, I don't remember him "flopping" more than a couple of times on that video. It showed everyone, from Jon Barry, to Brad Miller, to Mike Miller. The lyrics to the song, however, as is shown, was "The Manu Flop."

That might be their only loop hole.

Got to hand it to Cuban though...who cares about the fines if he gets in the refs heads enough to win a game 3.

Sith
Old 05-15-06, 07:31 AM
SpursReport Rookie

I agree with the Sith. Cuban and his band of merry men could give an "S" if they get fined again . . . as long as it gets into the head of the refs. Even if its just a little, little bit ---- he wants any advantage he can get and he's not ashamed to try anything or pay anything.

In game 3 it sure as hell seemed to be working.
Old 05-15-06, 07:36 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

This will get Manu mad and play hard and scare the mavs. Serves them right for pissing Manu off!
Old 05-15-06, 11:35 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Marc's Cuban steps to follow in Dallas-Spurs series (the secret list that George Karl Sold to him)

Whine about the refs (From Seattle 2005)............................... CHECK
Whine about Spurs SG "Floops" (From Denver/Seattle 2005).... CHECK
Whine about Tim Duncan get Star treatment from the league... 2 LOSSES REMAINING
Whine about PG-SG foul every time they drive (Denver 2005).... ONE LOSS REMAINING
Whine about Dirthy Bruce Bowen Foul on defence (Allen's rule). UNCHECKED

If I continue I will get copywrites issues and Karl will suit me.

The Spurs have face this kind of stuff before and beat them every time. Dont worry
Old 05-15-06, 08:24 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

That is the point. Some people are classless enough to not care about good sportsmanship. Cuban is like that. I don't know what/if the NBA League will fine Cuban, but he sets a very poor example of good sportsmanship and leadership.

Since I didn't see anything from the NBA about this, I must assume that they don't know about it or don't care either. Maybe it is the American Culture not to care or get involved. I just don't know.