News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 05-14-06, 02:09 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Why have we not seen some form of Zone Defense

Anybody got any ideas on this. Now Not every time but they have been getting to the basket at will and on ceartain occassions like on long scoring runs dallas may go on I would like to see pop change up the Defense and through a new wrinkle into it to throw them off pace. I havn't been ab le to figure it out. Especially when TD is not in. Again not all the time but pick and choose for 1 or 2 possesions here or there.

Last edited by mayhem; 05-14-06 at 02:19 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-14-06, 02:22 PM
SpursReport Team Member

i think were concentrating pretty hard to not let them get a touch from the outside... zone will open the three point line up for them and thats the last thing we want is them to catch fire from out there...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-14-06, 07:19 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesignatedT
i think were concentrating pretty hard to not let them get a touch from the outside... zone will open the three point line up for them and thats the last thing we want is them to catch fire from out there...
Wrong. The last thing we want is for them to be able to drive freely into the lane, which they HAVE been doing. I would like to see a zone as well.
Old 05-15-06, 01:01 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I don't think 1 or 2 times a quarter would open up the 3 pt line to make a difference. Box and 1 would keep someone on the defender. Make them make the outside shot versus sending them to the line every time cause the refs are bailing them out every time. Their scoring to much in the lane and the line.
Old 05-17-06, 09:25 PM
SpursReport Team Member

ZONE!!!!!!!
Old 05-17-06, 09:34 PM
Banned

Are you kidding me? Game Four was definitely a form of zone. We were switching the pick-and-roll before it even happened! We were crossing matchups like crazy. We were definitely in a kind of zone, the kind that attacks the perimeter and doesn't allow penetration.
Old 05-17-06, 09:36 PM
SpursReport Team Member

All we did was switch every pick and roll thus the mismatchs
Old 05-17-06, 09:38 PM
Banned

Switching every pick and roll--especially when you switch it before it even happens--is definitely a form of zone.
Old 05-17-06, 09:50 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Playing with four guards, we don't have the height to run a 2-3, but they might be able to throw up a 3-2 with Duncan and Bowen playing the back.