News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 05-14-06, 02:42 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

how bout the suns?

without amare they look like they will be headed to the WCF for the 2nd straight year. unbelievable.

please (suns) advance past the clippers so i can watch you get swept by the spurs or mavericks.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-14-06, 02:47 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Are you kidding? they can probably beat the Mavericks. We're the only ones with a chance to take care of them and compete in the finals.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-14-06, 04:45 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Liiving in Phoenix I have a the opportunity to see them play, and to listen to the local radio schlubs spew their venom about San Antonio. They are under the impression that San Antonio will not beat Dallas because they are old and feeble and that Phoenix will beat Dallas ... as far as Detroit they haven't gotten that far.

I have to admit after last night that the Spurs looked out of whack and maybe i've been brainwashed but they do look old and feeble. Even if the Spurs beat Dallas, can they keep up with the young and athletic Suns? I'm the last bastian of reason in Phoenix, I defend the Spurs everyday at work, to family and friends. But to what end? The "young" Spurs would have dispatched the Kings in 4 and Dallas in 5 or 6. Can somebody please talk some reason into me? Maybe i'm just disappointed after last nights debacle ... err ... game. Show me the light because i'm 1000 miles from home and the orange and purple colors have blinded me. (No really, their uniforms really suck.)
Old 05-14-06, 04:50 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by radicaldreamer
Liiving in Phoenix I have a the opportunity to see them play, and to listen to the local radio schlubs spew their venom about San Antonio. They are under the impression that San Antonio will not beat Dallas because they are old and feeble and that Phoenix will beat Dallas ... as far as Detroit they haven't gotten that far.

I have to admit after last night that the Spurs looked out of whack and maybe i've been brainwashed but they do look old and feeble. Even if the Spurs beat Dallas, can they keep up with the young and athletic Suns? I'm the last bastian of reason in Phoenix, I defend the Spurs everyday at work, to family and friends. But to what end? The "young" Spurs would have dispatched the Kings in 4 and Dallas in 5 or 6. Can somebody please talk some reason into me? Maybe i'm just disappointed after last nights debacle ... err ... game. Show me the light because i'm 1000 miles from home and the orange and purple colors have blinded me. (No really, their uniforms really suck.)
Are you kidding? The Suns doesn't concern me at all, if the Spurs take care of Dallas they won't have any probably with the Suns. I think it would be a 5 game series, spurs win 4-1.
Old 05-14-06, 04:51 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

The Spurs lost by one point last night and it had nothing to do with age. They didnt look old last night..that had nothing to do with anything. 50 FT's for Dallas had more to do with things that age.

The Spurs had zero problems with keeping up with the Suns last year and its not like all of a sudden they are 10 times older than the western Conf finals last year. The Spurs can play uptempo

I dont get this stuff about how the "Spurs of old" would have swept the Kings and beaten Dallas easily in 4-5 games

The Kings were more like a 3 seed than an 8 seed. The Spurs struggled with Denver last year and at one point were 2-2 with Seattle....yes 2-2

yet they won those series and easily beat the Suns WITH Amare.

Just because a series goes at least 6 games doesnt mean much.

people seem to think SA swept though the playoffs last year and in 2003 (when EVERY series went 6 games). Det blew out SA last year in the playoffs by like 40 points yet SA still won the series which went 7 games

Winning is all that matters...not how many games it takes to do it. The only time the Spurs blew by everyone in the playoffs to win a title was 1999

2003 and 2005 had some bumps but that doesnt mean it means any less whatsoever
Old 05-14-06, 08:25 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I didn't necessarily say that the Spurs would lose, nor did I say the Suns would win. I'm on your side. Everybody here forgets that the Spurs did away with the Suns in 5 games. Their excuse? Joe Johnson was hurt, and had he been playing they would have won. In years past the spurs beat Minnesota in 5 and Denver in 5. The Suns went 7 with the Lakers. The Lakers! They were lucky to get out of it. I'm just a little frustrated about the Spurs play and am very impatient. I know they will win, and I hope that the Suns make it too, this way we can shut the Suns fans up. Their next excuse? If Amare had played they would have won. How soon they forget.
Old 05-14-06, 08:30 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by radicaldreamer
I didn't necessarily say that the Spurs would lose, nor did I say the Suns would win. I'm on your side. Everybody here forgets that the Spurs did away with the Suns in 5 games. Their excuse? Joe Johnson was hurt, and had he been playing they would have won. In years past the spurs beat Minnesota in 5 and Denver in 5. The Suns went 7 with the Lakers. The Lakers! They were lucky to get out of it. I'm just a little frustrated about the Spurs play and am very impatient. I know they will win, and I hope that the Suns make it too, this way we can shut the Suns fans up. Their next excuse? If Amare had played they would have won. How soon they forget.
Joe Johnson missed 2 games, and guess what? He's going to miss all of the next series too, so Amare will have to be the excuse and it means nothing to me as long as we advance.
Old 05-14-06, 08:50 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Liiving in Phoenix I have a the opportunity to see them play, and to listen to the local radio schlubs spew their venom about San Antonio.
Can you pick up stations from Tempe?

The best sportstalk radio host ever in my opinion is there, Bob Kemp. He definitely wouldn't be a typical local venom spewer, he is the inspiration for my screenname.

I miss his show a lot.
Old 05-14-06, 10:06 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Don't look now, but Phoenix may allow two triple-doubles to the same team in the same game. Cassell is two assists away, Brand needs a rebound and three assists.