News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 05-13-06, 10:42 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Tim's Really Pi$$ed

Listening to his post game press conference, you can tell he's really, really pi$$ed. Whereas his postgame comments are always vanilla - in wins or losses. He's more focused than he's been in a long time...I'm calling it now. Spurs will kill Dallas on Monday.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-13-06, 10:43 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

any comments about the refs??
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-13-06, 10:43 PM
SpursReport Team Member

As well he should be.

The refs were sucking all over Dirk all night long, and that last "foul" was a total payoff to get Tim out.

I'm beginning to wonder if the NBA is just a big old conspiracy, only the fun teams get in while the teams that play the right way don't.
Old 05-13-06, 10:44 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamDunc21
Listening to his post game press conference, you can tell he's really, really pi$$ed. Whereas his postgame comments are always vanilla - in wins or losses. He's more focused than he's been in a long time...I'm calling it now. Spurs will kill Dallas on Monday.
i heard that about game 3.
Old 05-13-06, 10:45 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

What did he say? I heard him telling crap to Josh Howard... and then staring at the refs at the end

"Zero contact on the 6th foul"
Old 05-13-06, 10:45 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by braeden0613
any comments about the refs??
Yes, he said he was bothered by the calls. Said there was "NO CONTACT" on the 6th foul. He said he was frustrated watching the last minute from the bench because of the nature of the calls that put him there.

He talked about the Mavs getting 10 straight FTs down the stretch and the Spurs had to make buckets - crediting Manu for making them.
Old 05-13-06, 10:46 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameFan2k5
and we shouldve won
SpursReport Team Captain

F the refs

what a joke
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSpuRRs21
and we shouldve won
did we?
Old 05-13-06, 10:47 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Yes, he said he was bothered by the calls. Said there was "NO CONTACT" on the 6th foul. He said he was frustrated watching the last minute from the bench because of the nature of the calls that put him there.

He talked about the Mavs getting 10 straight FTs down the stretch and the Spurs had to make buckets - crediting Manu for making them.
good for him...i honestly can not imagine how he holds himself back. I would have them in there for 30 minutes railing on the refs...good self-control tim.
Old 05-13-06, 10:47 PM
SpursReport Team Member

i saw the stare down he gave to the refs...

parker is letting his injury affect his aggresiveness.. but, overall, im happy with what he did in this game.. he didn't try to force things..
Old 05-13-06, 10:48 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Not from me. I thought it would be a Spurs win, but a tough hard fought close win. But since going to Tim worked so well, and add that to Tim's demeanor now, Tim will kill them.

Even the NBATV guys are saying Tim is snarling like they never've seen him.

And if you don't believe - then jump off please.
SpursReport Team Bench

they shot TWICE as many FTs as us!

Honestly, 50 FTS?! thats like that 1 game in 2003? when they went to the link like 50+ times.

Dirks a JUMP shooter.
SpursReport Team Member

You know Timmy seldom complains about the officiating. When he does, you could know how bad the situation had been.
Old 05-13-06, 10:50 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

oh, we were +7 on fouls ...

even in the past games were officiating has been iffy, the end result was always closer on the FTs and fouls when all was said and done ..
Old 05-13-06, 10:50 PM
SpursReport Team Member

tim knows. there was no foul. the replays show it, and he was there himself.

we didn't lose because of that alone...but the fact that time was out of the game when he didn't have to be HURTS
Old 05-13-06, 10:51 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
did we?
played well enough to, just got it taken away from us
Old 05-13-06, 10:54 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_chantana
tim knows. there was no foul. the replays show it, and he was there himself.

we didn't lose because of that alone...but the fact that time was out of the game when he didn't have to be HURTS
Had Pop played another big a bit more, Duncan wouldn't have been alone under the boards all night and he would have had less fouls. Even Dallas had 12 fouls to give under the boards. We had 6.

Sure the Refs blew some calls but I think the Spurs game plan was more of the problem.
Old 05-13-06, 10:57 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Cuban get's fined for calling out what everyone sees . . . yet the calls start to swing a little his way the next couple of games. Maybe its time for Holt to get a front end loader and drive down Park Avenue and call out the NBA for favoring the Mavs.

Everyone knows the NBA would hate to see the Spurs in the finals again. I mean just look at the promos that run for the playoffs. You can kinda see a Spur flash across the screen towards the end. The NBA wants the Pistons and the Mavericks.
Old 05-13-06, 10:58 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

TD is right

Refs gave it to the Mavericks tonight
Old 05-13-06, 11:03 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Tim was pissed you could see after the 5th foul when he scored on the triple team. A shame he was fouled out.

Now that he is pissed hope it is not too late.
Old 05-13-06, 11:05 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMVP2002
Tim was pissed you could see after the 5th foul when he scored on the triple team. A shame he was fouled out.

Now that he is pissed hope it is not too late.
But who is he pissed at?

The Mavs played better tonight. They seemed in control most of the way.
Old 05-13-06, 11:06 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

How did the Mavs play better tonight when we were up at the end of the game despite the Mavs having shot 16 more freethrows than us at that point? The Mavs did NOT play better than us tonight.
Old 05-13-06, 11:10 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

We outscored them in each of the last 3 qtrs. So, hard to say they played better the whole game. 18 of Dallas' 31 pts in the 4th were from the FT line.
Old 05-13-06, 11:20 PM
SpursReport Team Member

If we had Timmy on the floor at the end of the game...we would have won. Refs knew that...Mavs know that. Look in a dark corner around the AA Center...guarantee you will find Cuban there paying off Crawford and his goons.
Old 05-13-06, 11:21 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Fiba refs
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
didn't we all already call that for tonight.

weeee, lets call it every game!!!!!!!!! CALLERS! we're bound be right sometime.

at least thats how players like ARTEST would think it.
SpursReport Team Member

I think Tim was pissed after getting blown out in game 2 at home. He was dominating tonight.
You have to focus on the things that are in your control. If the Spurs get too worked over the refs, then this series is over.
Old 05-13-06, 11:23 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooduy
i saw the stare down he gave to the refs...

parker is letting his injury affect his aggresiveness.. but, overall, im happy with what he did in this game.. he didn't try to force things..
He just needs to keep attacking, but from the strart of the game, not near the end of the first half. No one on the Mavs can keep up with him, even with his injuries slowing him down. Spurs made their run when Duncan finally got support from Manu and Parker.

"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at this rock perhaps 100 times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the 101st blow, it will split in two and I know it was not that blow that did it. But all that had gone before." - Jacob Riis
Old 05-13-06, 11:24 PM
SpursReport Rookie

On another note about Timmy, why does he always put his hands on the guy's waist as they are attacking the basket ? Maybe it's just me but that seems to be good for atleast 2 foul calls a gm and in critical moments too........
Old 05-13-06, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alka-Seltzer
I think Tim was pissed after getting blown out in game 2 at home. He was dominating tonight.
You have to focus on the things that are in your control. If the Spurs get too worked over the refs, then this series is over.
He needs his teammates to join him. They came around but almost at the end of the second half. That's unacceptable. Yes, jump shots don't always fall, but when Spurs attacked the basket, that's when they made their run.

"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at this rock perhaps 100 times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the 101st blow, it will split in two and I know it was not that blow that did it. But all that had gone before." - Jacob Riis
Old 05-13-06, 11:27 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevm2
How did the Mavs play better tonight when we were up at the end of the game despite the Mavs having shot 16 more freethrows than us at that point? The Mavs did NOT play better than us tonight.
Let's see:

They took more shots

They shot for a better percentage

They got more rebounds

They got more blocks

and most importantly, they scored more points.
Old 05-13-06, 11:29 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
18 of Dallas' 31 pts in the 4th were from the FT line
F)$#)$*G BOGUS CRAP!!!!
Old 05-13-06, 11:31 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

They didn't start going exclusively to Tim until the 2nd half. As I said in all the lead up to this game, that's what they need to do. Some were calling it "too predictable". Who cares if the Mavs can predict it. They still can't stop it. Tim's killing them. They have no answer. Everyone else feeds off of that. If they did that from the start of the game, we wouldn't have been down so much after the first qtr. TIm normally doesn't demand the ball since he's so unselfish. But listening to him tonite, I'm thinking he's going to.

Cuz even with all the calls the Mavs got down the stretch, we still outscored them in the 2nd half with that "predictable" offense.
Old 05-13-06, 11:33 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Dave
Let's see:

They took more shots

They got more rebounds

They got more blocks

I am not sure how to take your optimism....it is deafening. Lighten up won't you?
SpursReport Rookie

50 ft's is absolulty absurd when Dal doesn't post up much. They play more off the screen and roll or pick in roll.
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Yes, jump shots don't always fall, but when Spurs attacked the basket, that's when they made their run.
They attacked the basket off of the rotations forced by the double teams drawn by initiating the offense in the low post.
Old 05-13-06, 11:36 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

that parade to the ft line in the 4th was an embarrassment.

-Bruce Bowen
Old 05-13-06, 11:36 PM

Quote:
They attacked the basket off of the rotations forced by the double teams drawn by initiating the offense in the low post.
Oh of course. Spurs started gettign smarter, but it should have occured earlier. Manu instead of settling on plays at the beginning attacked. As Hubie mentioned, Parker just had to go around towards the left baseline since the 2nd quarter, because they were leaving that as their weak side.

There were opportunities that Spurs should continue to expose. There'll be more in game 4. You can't predict the refs, but you can come out and attack the basket still. Finley did that, which I liked. Although I wish more of the team did that from the start.

Old 05-13-06, 11:37 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Let's see:

They took more shots

They got more rebounds

They got more blocks

Spurs took 82 shots. Dallas 66.

Spurs shot 48.5%. Dallas 47.6

Spurs got more offensive rebounds and only lost overlal rebounds 39-36.

Spurs made 9 TOs, Dallas 14.

Spurs were whistled for 33 fouls. Dallas 26.

Spurs shot 32 FTs. Dallas 50.

Yeah, it's clear they "outplayed" us.
Old 05-13-06, 11:38 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunkinDan89
I'm beginning to wonder if the NBA is just a big old conspiracy
you're just now beginning to wonder???....ive been wondering for a few years now
Old 05-13-06, 11:39 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grego
Oh of course. Spurs started gettign smarter, but it should have occured earlier. Manu instead of settling on plays at the beginning attacked. As Hubie mentioned, Parker just had to go around towards the left baseline since the 2nd quarter, because they were leaving that as their weak side.
That's what I said in my ealrier post. They only started feeding Tim every time in the 2nd half. And they started exploiting the oppt'ys from that. They should have started that from the get go. I believe they will cuz Tim will demand it in game 4.
Old 05-13-06, 11:42 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:

Just finished watching the game on tape, so the sleepless night can begin.

All I can say is . . . fecking disgusting. This sport is now Wresting, because it's just an exhibition -- it looks like a sport, but it's all about entertainment. I couldn't believe some of the shet that was being called against us tonight, just bcuz a$$wipe Cuban has enough money to spend ripping the refs with impunity that they call this kinda game.

I hope Timmy comes out and puts up Kobe numbers and gets 50 on Monday night.

And (I rarely ever wish ill of an opponent), but I hope Dirk's ankle is the size of a canned ham in the morning. Timmy's sixth "foul" was for having large feet and putting it under Dirk's.

I'm just really pi$$ed.
Old 05-13-06, 11:44 PM

Quote:
That's what I said in my ealrier post. They only started feeding Tim every time in the 2nd half. And they started exploiting the oppt'ys from that. They should have started that from the get go. I believe they will cuz Tim will demand it in game 4.
Oh yeah, i agree. I just was adding to it, I guess. We were kind of saying the same thing, but maybe in different words.

Well, Pop did it even more this game, than the previous game. At least this one, the other Spurs started playing better. Hopefully after two games of doing it partly, they notice it.

SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
But who is he pissed at?

The Mavs played better tonight. They seemed in control most of the way.
thats an illusion...everytime the spurs got momentum it got stopped by the whistle happy men...and the whistle happy men KEPT Dallas in rhythm with much practice on their stroke from the charity stripe
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Soulja
you're just now beginning to wonder???....ive been wondering for a few years now
Same here...i guess we will never be complelely sure
Old 05-13-06, 11:45 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Im sorry but Pop needs to have some balls and call out the refs.Thats what good coaches do. GO SPURS
Old 05-13-06, 11:47 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:

no kidding. spare me the crap about Dallas outplaying SA. The refs ****ed this game...end of story
Old 05-14-06, 12:01 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:

I can not believe those I am more FURIOUS now, I so wanted Duncan to throw a chair or something. Of course after the final whistle, I seriously doubt they would have suspended him. I wonder why Crawford didn't ask the score-keeper how many fouls Duncan had, like they do for Shaq, so he doesn't foul out.
Old 05-14-06, 12:18 AM
SpursReport Rookie

I hear TD's post-game comments and I get hyped. How can the mavs stop a furious TD...there is no way!!! But then, you look at this game, and other games in the playoffs and you realize that no matter how mad TD and the Spurs get, there is nothing you can do to beat the refs. If they are gonna call the game one way...you are helpless. It that leaves this sick feeling in my gut, because even if you deserve to win the game...you might still lose it.

It just baffles me how the nba doesnt try to promote this team filled with character guys and coaches. Pop has NEVER complained about the refs...even the "saintly" AJ did it after his FIRST EVER playoff game. And to tell you the truth, I am sooooo proud that he is our coach. What a class act!

The first 5-7 mins of game 4 will tell us everything. If TD comes out with something to prove and more importantly, Manu and TP do the same. There is NOOOO WAY we lose!

GO SPURS GO!!!!!!

F the MAVS and the 98% of their fanbase who cant name 3 players that played with dallas before 2000.