News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 05-13-06, 11:05 AM
SpursReport Rookie

geez, every team hates us

is it just me? or does nearly almost every nba team hates us? it seems we have a problem with every team lol

i mena, i go to other forums and tlak to them about nba and they all bash me caues i'm a spurs fan..... and all of them gang up on me? and it feels i'm all by my self fighting with them... and they make the stupidest comments about the spurs
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-13-06, 11:12 AM
Official SR Home Builder

Just like everybody use to the Lakers when they were winning all those Championships.

...mmmm

Come to think of it everybody still s the Lakers.
Old 05-13-06, 11:14 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

That's called ENVY - Wwen you are the most successful Sports franchise in that last decade with 3 of the last 7 Championships that sometimes happens. I never really cared or liked the Bulls until they won #4. That will happen after we win that one this year!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-13-06, 11:18 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

it's envy, but it's also because they feel invaded. you go in there and criticize every dumb thing they say, and sometimes even criticize smart things they say that don't sit well with you as a spurs fan, and they're like who the heck are you?

Dave McNulla
Spurs Fan

Tweet Me
Old 05-13-06, 11:29 AM

when ur doing something right......ur bound to be hated
Old 05-13-06, 11:55 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

What's the alternative? The "lovable loser" Spurs? Or the laughable "same ole soft Spurs"? I'll take jealous hate anyday over that.
Old 05-13-06, 12:41 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Let them be jealous....most of their teams will never win championships. I am proud to be a Spurs fan and can dish it back as good as they give it. Bring it on!!!
Old 05-13-06, 12:57 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

It comes with the territory. That is human nature. It is perfectly natural to hate on the Champs especially if they have proven it more than once that they are the Champs more than once or twice.
The Spurs are that right now. And every Championship team historicaly had gone thru this in the past.

The more titles the more hatred from all..And boy do I love it more and more....

It don't mater if they hate us or love us....
It's all perfectly fine wid me...And it should make my Spurs more motivated to repeat.
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 05-13-06, 01:20 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAD
That's called ENVY - !
Bingo
Old 05-13-06, 01:32 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

what team(s)?

who hates us?

was there a fan from each team literally there, or like 4 people who were all sacremento and dallas fans and one nuggets fan who didn't like the spurs?

spurs should hire rodney dangerfield as their spokesperson, just so he could do his oneliners about "no respect"
Old 05-13-06, 01:38 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

When you are the champs everybody just hates you for whatever reason because you have what everybody craves. I remember during the Lakers 3 peat run it was the Lakers that were hated by everybody and it was the spurs that opposing fans pulled for to win because they wanted to see LA go down badly and the spurs were the only team capable of doing it. I remember going to opposing team boards back in '03 and it was all about how Duncan was this great players and classy guy, and Manu and Tony were these awesome rising stars, and blah blah. Now the dynamics have changed its DUncan whines everytime the whistle is called against him, Manu is a flopper and is a punk, Tony is a cocky bastard.
Old 05-13-06, 01:49 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

i don't go to other teams msgs boards but talkign to people who like other teams, everyone i met seems to be weird, b/c they don't particularly have anything against the spurs.

they just like the teams from the cities they grew up or live in, or near.

chris paul should have been unanimous. shame.

tiMVP is the man.

as for the lakers. still love to hate them, no matter what... especially #8 who won't be #8 next season apparently, but that'll just give me another number too booo.

i hope his career goes down the kevin garnett path... no more playoff appearances (or first round exits). weeeee.
Old 05-13-06, 02:24 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickV
What's the alternative? The "lovable loser" Spurs? Or the laughable "same ole soft Spurs"? I'll take jealous hate anyday over that.
I am with you on this.. Love Hate relationships are

"Today's game is style over substance. He's the opposite. He's substance over style. I think he's appreciated. I don't think he's adored."
Dave Odom, Duncan's college coach