News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-06, 04:48 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Nazr Mohammed may start on Saturday night

Center of attention:

The Spurs have discussed starting one of their more traditional centers (Nazr Mohammed or Rasho Nesterovic) in place of Horry to improve their rebounding. Dallas had 23 offensive boards in the first two games.

"If we put in bigger people on the court, we'll get more rebounds," coach Gregg Popovich deadpanned. "I'm going to tell the staff, and if they agree, I promise you we're doing it, baby."

link
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-13-06, 09:49 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

Okay He's deadpanning again!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-13-06, 10:27 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Pop is finally thinking about being the one who dictates matchups. I like that. Let see how that works out.
Old 05-13-06, 10:43 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Note to Nazr: You're a free agent after these playoffs. Play like it!

"Getting a Sixth Man award is like being the best left-handed guard," Ginobili said. "I believe you're either the best player or not." 3-26-07
Old 05-13-06, 10:50 AM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

By the extent of this article, it could just as well be titled "Rasho Nesterovic may start tonight"

Old 05-13-06, 11:05 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

I'm actually hoping either Nazr or Rasho start, only because I want to see Horry off the bench.
Old 05-13-06, 11:06 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

I would rather see Horry off the bench too
Old 05-13-06, 11:41 AM
SpursReport Team Member

If we go back to our traditional lineup then it forces Bruce to guard Howard and puts Duncan or Naz on Dirk (more likely Naz). On balance I think it will be advantageous for us because I don't think Dirk will increase his production more than we will lessen Howard's impact on the game by having Bruce there to hound him. Also, possibly more importantly, it puts some firepower back on the bench for us in Horry. I think Horry will be more productive in this role.
Old 05-13-06, 11:53 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pessimist
You mean we might go back to the lineup that won us the championship last season? Brilliant!
Actually, change your post before RichB slams you, he'd say 'it could as well be Rasho starting, you're biased!'
Old 05-13-06, 12:00 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Pop is playing the contract year card with Nazr if he starts him tonight. It worked (just for the playoffs, and never after that) in 1999 with Jaren Jackson and the last man standing at the Alamo (OK, it was in LA) during the 2001 sweep was the contract year Admiral who in that dismal fourth game scored as many field goals as the four other starters (including TD) combined which helped (along with his huge fan base and equally huge- about 15 million- 1998 contract give back) to re-up him rather than losing him to the Knicks which I think would have cost the Spurs the 2003 championship.
Old 05-13-06, 12:08 PM
SpursReport Rookie

what about Manu on the bench?
Old 05-13-06, 12:15 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

i would like 2 see. Nazr, Duncan, Bowen, Finley,
and Parker be the starting 5.
Old 05-13-06, 12:21 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

start finley.

he's gonna tear it up, i feel it.

he's gonna go to dallas and tear it up just like no other... either this game or the next... prob not both. but he's gona Xplode. thats right , X. Xplode.

duncan might explode as ussuall tiMVP manner, but finley its gonna simply burst in one of these two dallas games. i feel it. feeeel it in me bones... speakin of Bones, i hope Barry will come of the bench and hit some big threes again like vs sac... can't say i'm feeling that one, but i sures hope he will. that would be tight
Old 05-13-06, 01:49 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichB
By the extent of this article, it could just as well be titled "Rasho Nesterovic may start tonight"

Who started the last 30 some odd games of the Season. So who probably has a better chance of starting?
Old 05-13-06, 02:25 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameFan2k5
Who started the last 30 some odd games of the Season. So who probably has a better chance of starting?
ehmmm, finley?

haha
Old 05-13-06, 03:37 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I wanted to see Horry start against the Kings. Now playing the Mavs, I think we should go back to Nazr as the starting center. I'd also like to see Duncan play more minutes. In the playoffs, with the extra long TV breaks, players are capable of going more minutes. (Has anyone even noticed that the 20 second time out is now a 30 second timeout?)