News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-06, 10:32 PM
SpursReport Team Member

sean elliot and bill walton are the best announcers of all time.

sean elliot is funny, he always makes me laugh.
bill walton knows every fact about every player, is also funny and its funny to see the other announcers react to his outrageous statements, they get in arguements sometimes and dont know how to handle it and sometimes there is just silence for a minute, LOL.

charles barkley is the best halftime/pregame/postgame guy.

these are facts and there is to be no disagreeing with me.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-11-06, 10:35 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerslave
bill walton knows every fact about every player, is also funny and its funny to see the other announcers react to his outrageous statements, they get in arguements sometimes and dont know how to handle it and sometimes there is just silence for a minute, LOL.

Your gonna be slapped for including Walton http://www.spursreport.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=54213 (anybody else annoyed that bill walton is so negative when it comes to the spurs?)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-11-06, 10:39 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:

Is that you God? Since you have declared the best annoucers without input from anyone else could you also declare the Iraq war over and cancel all debt everywhere. I won't argue with you about it.
Old 05-11-06, 10:47 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan in domerland 1
Is that you God? Since you have declared the best annoucers without input from anyone else could you also declare the Iraq war over and cancel all debt everywhere. I won't argue with you about it.
yes, it is me. good thinking.
Old 05-12-06, 01:43 AM
SpursReport Team Member

1 for 3 aint bad, barkleys good
Old 05-12-06, 07:51 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:

I agree. Sean is funny. He even made fun of Pau Gasol's armpit hair once...yeah gross but he was funny.
Bill Walton is a master at swaying attention to his comments and everybody knows when he's serious and when he's trying to grab attention. If you can't, then you haven't heard Walton long enough.
Old 05-12-06, 08:03 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

What about Steve Kerr? He is HILARIOUS! Just once I'd like to hear Kerr AND Elliot call a game together. That would be a classic!
Old 05-12-06, 08:17 AM
Delusional Manu Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by santys
Bill Walton is a master at swaying attention to his comments and everybody knows when he's serious and when he's trying to grab attention. If you can't, then you haven't heard Walton long enough.
Certain people keep saying that you know when he is serious, but no one as yet has told me...how do you know???? How do I know that he doesn't have a touch of senility and actually believes what he says??? Did he actually come out and say, I was just joking? To me.....all of his comments sound the same......and always uses the same words such as....."History" and "Era". Yall could be giving him way more credit than he is due by speculating that he is joking.

"He said, 'Go for every pump fake,' " Hibbert said.
Old 05-12-06, 07:48 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark21horse
Certain people keep saying that you know when he is serious, but no one as yet has told me...how do you know???? How do I know that he doesn't have a touch of senility and actually believes what he says??? Did he actually come out and say, I was just joking? To me.....all of his comments sound the same......and always uses the same words such as....."History" and "Era". Yall could be giving him way more credit than he is due by speculating that he is joking.
It's really obvious to me when he is serious and when he is not. But Walton has such a deadpan delivery I can understand how it could be hard for some people. The deadpan delivery is part of what makes him so entertaining though. If you just keep listening you'll probably get better at figuring him out through repeated exposure.
Old 05-12-06, 08:11 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Pop has that deadpan delivery when he is joking around. Not all the media can tell if he is joking or not.
Old 05-12-06, 09:02 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

Powerslave - I agree with you on all counts.
Old 05-12-06, 10:28 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATH
What about Steve Kerr? He is HILARIOUS! Just once I'd like to hear Kerr AND Elliot call a game together. That would be a classic!
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan in domerland 1
i forgot about kerr, i havent heard him in a long time. he is really good too.
Old 05-12-06, 11:12 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I love how Walton calls the perimeter players "the pretty boys".
Old 05-12-06, 11:17 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Sean is funny, but I remember once when he was calling a Utah/Spurs game back in 99 or 2000 and the Spurs were up by like 12 or 14 with 5 minutes left to go and Sean was already calling game over and Utah made a comeback and beat the Spurs by like 3 points, I was ROFLing.
Old 05-13-06, 02:08 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Walton line of the night:

"Game 6 between the Lakers and Suns? That game wasn't close!"

For those who don't undertand this humor it's funny/ironic because:

1. The game was very close because it went into overtime
2. It wasn't close in the overtime period

Classic Walton.

Last edited by maldoror; 05-13-06 at 02:12 AM.
Old 05-13-06, 02:16 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnCoyote
Sean is funny, but I remember once when he was calling a Utah/Spurs game back in 99 or 2000 and the Spurs were up by like 12 or 14 with 5 minutes left to go and Sean was already calling game over and Utah made a comeback and beat the Spurs by like 3 points, I was ROFLing.
Sean was in SA in 99 helping them win a title, he was here too in 00 but didn't play that year because of his kidney..... He retired after 01 and we were what winnning 14 in a row againt utah from around 99 to what 04 or so????? We lost two to them last year after winning a million in a row against them, so no I don't remember that loss nor him calling a game with us up 14 and losing to them... Are you sure you are right? 99 or 00? I doubt that, he was not calling anything then, he was still on the team, and after he retired it was 01, and we beat them like I said 14 straight or so....
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.