News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-06, 10:11 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

The official, "I live in Dallas, I'm at work today, and I'm bitter" thread

This is killing me. I always act graciously when the Spurs win, but I have to hear Mavs crap all morning. About what great coaching moves Avery made, how the refs were totally fair, how much Duncan whines, etc.

I am truly bitter right now, I just keep telling people they still have to get to 4.

-Bruce Bowen
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-10-06, 10:13 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Seriously. You'd think they just won the effing title.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-10-06, 10:16 AM
SpursReport Team Member

They are delusional if they think the officiating was fair. Not much you can do for them in that case.
Old 05-10-06, 10:17 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

The pendulum swings. If they lose on Saturday they'll cry again.
Old 05-10-06, 10:19 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Real
The pendulum swings. If they lose on Saturday they'll cry again.
I can't wait.

-Bruce Bowen
Old 05-10-06, 10:20 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Well, after that ass whoop'n they put on us, I'd be confident too...
Old 05-10-06, 10:24 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice
Sorry, but I wouldn't exactly call it a "whoop'n" if the margin of victory was handed to them by a 2nd quarter zebra stampede and then kept intact by the officiating.

I'm not saying the Spurs would have won if the reffing was fair, but because the reffing was unfair, the Spurs did not have a chance to come back, thus inflating the margin of victory.

MVP of Game 2: Steve Javie
Old 05-10-06, 10:27 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

co-sign.

-Bruce Bowen
Old 05-10-06, 10:32 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Pop sat the starters down with like 4 minutes left. If he really wanted to reduce the margin of victory, the guys could have cut it under 10 points. A loss is a loss and Pop realizes that fact. Regroup and give them hell on Saturday.

And yes, Dallas fans are hilarious. They were bringing up the injury to Dirk in '03 at the sports bar I was at last night. I brought up the Juwon Howard foul on DA in '01. Of course they thought Manu injured Dirk intentionally and Howard's foul was an accident. How do you argue against that type of logic?
Old 05-10-06, 10:36 AM
Delusional Manu Lover

Dude......I feel for ya. Must suck having to live in Dallas and be a Spurs fan after a Spurs loss. Keep your chin up...............the day of reckoning is close at hand and when it happens....you can ask the Mav fans......what happened to your team????????

"He said, 'Go for every pump fake,' " Hibbert said.
Old 05-10-06, 10:52 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Yeah, today sucked. I swear they were talking about how they were going to beat Detroit. I was like, WHAT!?!?!? Thias series isnt over. In fact, I wanted to bet a guy here that was talking about beating Detroit 100 bucks for game 3 and he declined! Wuss!

But yeah, today has sucked, and it will be like this till at least Saturday. At least I aint alone.
Old 05-10-06, 10:55 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
give me a break. Mav fans are talking title now and already think this series is in the bag

its one thing for SA fans based on past history and their experience in the playoffs to be confident but Dallas fans are acting like they have won the title and now because of AJ have everything SA has now
Old 05-10-06, 10:58 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzG
give me a break. Mav fans are talking title now and already think this series is in the bag

its one thing for SA fans based on past history and their experience in the playoffs to be confident but Dallas fans are acting like they have won the title and now because of AJ have everything SA has now
the funniest part of that whole "we have AJ" attitude is AJ was always the worst player in our starting 5. i honestly think Del Negro was better.

he couldn't use his right hand, he couldn't shoot outside 15 feet, and he was a liability on defense.

but now Dallas fan thinks they have some preeminent basketball mind coaching their team.

-Bruce Bowen
Old 05-10-06, 11:17 AM
SpursReport Rookie

I live in the D/Fw area also. One of the guys I work with said the Mavs are going to win the next three games. We will see!
Old 05-10-06, 11:17 AM
SpursReport Team Member

They are delusional! Spurs will give them a reality check on Saturday! What a bunch of dumbasses!
Old 05-10-06, 11:19 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChillFactor
the funniest part of that whole "we have AJ" attitude is AJ was always the worst player in our starting 5. i honestly think Del Negro was better.

he couldn't use his right hand, he couldn't shoot outside 15 feet, and he was a liability on defense.

but now Dallas fan thinks they have some preeminent basketball mind coaching their team.
AJ who? AJ is dead in my eye's.
Old 05-10-06, 11:24 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
AJ who? AJ is dead in my eye's.
yeah sorry, you're right.

straight outta the Godfather-

"you're dead to me now"

-Bruce Bowen
Old 05-10-06, 12:53 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

As someone who lived in Dallas before (for 20 yrs)...it just plain sucks without being a fan of any professional team there. Thank God I am back living in SA.
Old 05-10-06, 12:55 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

i hear you man thank God I will be back in SA starting May 22!

-Bruce Bowen
Old 05-10-06, 02:18 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
You sound like such a bandwaggoner right now.
Old 05-10-06, 02:20 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I hope the Mavs' players have the same over confidence.. That will work in our favor.
Old 05-10-06, 03:40 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I am sure that the people I work with were just waiting to come in and give me grief this morning (forgetting that I am off on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nights) and they won't be coming in on Sunday morning when I am there. Then in a week and half I will be on vacation and won't be back til June when I am confident that the Spurs will still be playing.
Old 05-10-06, 03:41 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

F _allas!!!