News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 05-10-06, 12:02 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Reggie Miller

His bias against the Spurs sucks, TNT needs someone else to call our games.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-10-06, 12:06 AM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

I'm surprised someone actually waited til the 4th quarter to start a post complaining about this.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-10-06, 12:08 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichB
I'm surprised someone actually waited til the 4th quarter to start a post complaining about this.
Too pissed to type any sooner
Old 05-10-06, 12:08 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Well he isnt a good commentator..spurs or not
Old 05-10-06, 12:11 AM
SpursReport Team Member

i like his line "terry got away with a push on Duncan"

then next time down the court "the refs are doing a good job on both ends"

then 3 minutes later "damper gets away with a hold on duncan"
Old 05-10-06, 12:11 AM

Take two of these, get a good nights sleep and post something else in the morning.

Old 05-10-06, 12:15 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

How many times do we have to hear about the "little boo boos" the Spurs are getting?
Old 05-10-06, 12:22 AM
SpursReport Rookie

I can't believe TNT picked this freak of nature! Reggie Miller is a Anti-Spurs fan and needs to get out of doing play-by-play commentator! He's one of the worst NBA commentators of all time!
Old 05-10-06, 12:24 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Guys, I beat all of you to it. I emailed Turner Network and told them what a pathetic job this clown was doing. He has been so bias, I suggested it was because he never won a ring and for some reason, he just doesnt like the Spurs. He seems to just drool all over the Mavies or could it b e he is in love with Mark IMGAY Cuban.
Old 05-10-06, 12:25 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I loved how Reggie said Tim got tired from the defensive prescence of SAR last series.

I was like is this guy for real?
Old 05-10-06, 12:54 AM
SpursReport Team Member

How about this gem, Late in the 2nd Quarter: "The refs are letting them play on both ends."
Cheryl Miller then points out there were something like 30 foul calls in the first half when interviewing Stackhouse. I couldn't care less about his feelings toward the Spurs, honestly, he's just not a very good commentator.
Old 05-10-06, 01:42 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichB
Take two of these, get a good nights sleep and post something else in the morning.

Just what the doctor ordered! I think I'll have some of that.
Old 05-10-06, 01:51 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Whaaaa... no Fukuihateuall???
Old 05-10-06, 01:55 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

reggie: shalley shells shea sells on the shea sore

Old 05-10-06, 03:28 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denied__11
"Refs suck", "Javie sucks" .... let's not argue people, those are both true statements.
Reggie Miller, what an Ass clown. I literally was like SHUT THE #$%^& UP.

Why do these people think because they were good at basketball, they will be good at commentating also ? If that's miller time, then i hope someone puts the cap back on that bottle.

Horrific.
Old 05-10-06, 03:45 AM
FrenchConnection

Miller is as good at commenting games as winning championships.
Old 05-10-06, 03:53 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Another bitter Hall of Famer with no rings.At least Charles Barkley has a sense of humor about it.
Old 05-10-06, 04:20 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

He sucks........... He pissed me off all night, dude was just so happy in glee pointing out our bruises and how they are gonna accumulate and so on in hopes we lose this one..... You could just tell.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 05-10-06, 04:28 AM
FrenchConnection

Don't worry, like the good guy who wins at the end of a movie, we will prevail and shut their mouth up. The Spurs have been through that many times, they are like the smart kid who's lazy and needs the extra stress to be motivated.
Old 05-10-06, 07:16 AM
Now With More Eye of Newt

when you are a grown man and you still have to work at keeping slobber from dripping out of your mouth, you know you suck.

And Cherly miller? not a whole lot better. Does Magic Johnson have any relatives that need jobs too?
Old 05-10-06, 07:50 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncanrulz21
I couldn't care less about his feelings toward the Spurs, honestly, he's just not a very good commentator.

Nuff said.
Old 05-10-06, 11:10 AM
Delusional Manu Lover

The dumbest thing I heard reggie say/insenuate was when Manu got popped in the mouth and started bleeding. reggie was sayings some bull about how Manu deserved that since he popped artest in the mouth.....WHAT KIND OF CRAP IS THAT????? The Artest incident was an accident. When Manu got popped was an accident too (as far as i could tell), so why does Manu deserve that?????

"He said, 'Go for every pump fake,' " Hibbert said.
Old 05-10-06, 11:20 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark21horse
The dumbest thing I heard reggie say/insenuate was when Manu got popped in the mouth and started bleeding. reggie was sayings some bull about how Manu deserved that since he popped artest in the mouth.....WHAT KIND OF CRAP IS THAT????? The Artest incident was an accident. When Manu got popped was an accident too (as far as i could tell), so why does Manu deserve that?????
that should have been an offensive foul. if two players are moving parallel to eachother, then the offensive player changes direction and runs into the defensive player, that's an offensive foul. what reggie said was stupid, along with a bunch of other things. he should stick to the studio work when somebody has time to proof read what he's going to say.

Dave McNulla
Spurs Fan

Tweet Me
Old 05-10-06, 11:38 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave McNulla
that should have been an offensive foul. if two players are moving parallel to eachother, then the offensive player changes direction and runs into the defensive player, that's an offensive foul. what reggie said was stupid, along with a bunch of other things. he should stick to the studio work when somebody has time to proof read what he's going to say.
Agreed!

When I heard that comment from that clown about turnabout is fair play for Manu getting hit in the mouth for the Artest/Manu incidental contact to the mouth was disgraceful and classless! How does a person on National TV say something like that! He's the worst announcer I've heard and should be fired! Please take this jackass and don't let him call our games! This guy is bitter because he will never win a ring and is an idiot!
Old 05-10-06, 11:38 AM
Delusional Manu Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave McNulla
Reggie has........what scientists refer to as........"Ring Envy". It's like peenus envy only worse.

Old 05-10-06, 11:53 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Ah yes, the inevitable sound of the post-loss whining.
Old 05-10-06, 01:01 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Reggie sucks!! I mean...I respect his allegiance to the Pacers and the things he has done over his career but god...does he suck as a commentator...
And I also think for all the things that he has done...he doesn't deserve to be in the next 10 best players. What does he do on defense? How many assists does he average? I think he's great and is a hall of famer. But I think he's overrated in the way people talk about him. All this after I had my Fukitol
Old 05-10-06, 01:19 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Man people dragging the bottom of the bag for insults.
Old 05-10-06, 01:23 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Guys get over it! Reggie has no bearing on the game itself. Cut the volume down if it bothers you so much.
Old 05-10-06, 03:25 PM

I didn't mind him so much, I did however detest the comment he made when Manu got elbowed. "A taste of his own medicine." implying that Manu is both a dirty player and that his elbow against Artest was premeditated, and part of his game, and nothing could be further from the truth.
Old 05-10-06, 03:29 PM
Delusional Manu Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjjrfan
I didn't mind him so much, I did however detest the comment he made when Manu got elbowed. "A taste of his own medicine." implying that Manu is both a dirty player and that his elbow against Artest was premeditated, and part of his game, and nothing could be further from the truth.
That's the part that pissed me off!!!!!! All of the other crap I just ignored. I would have ignored that comment as well if it weren't so over the top ignorant and idiotic. Goes to show you......all you have to to is play pro ball and at the end of your mediocre career.......the networks will put a mike in your hands whether you are qualified or not.

Old 05-10-06, 03:34 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy
Agreed!

When I heard that comment from that clown about turnabout is fair play for Manu getting hit in the mouth for the Artest/Manu incidental contact to the mouth was disgraceful and classless! How does a person on National TV say something like that! He's the worst announcer I've heard and should be fired! Please take this jackass and don't let him call our games! This guy is bitter because he will never win a ring and is an idiot!
I have two issues w/ Reggie's comments, but before I say them, the Spurs lost b/c they focused too much on the refs and not enough on the Mavs. They lost their composure, then they lost the game.

Issue 1: when he made the comment about Ginoboli and fair play, he stated that Ginoboli had whacked Artest incidently and that Artest had gotten the foul and that turnabout was fair play. Nice stick up for his former teammate, but Ginoboli was assessed an offensive foul for his play, but was given a defensive foul when he got whacked.

Issue 2: Just b/c the foul calls are even doesn't mean that the refs are being fair. It could be that one side is getting called for less fouls than they are committing. The test for consistency is whether or not the same calls are being made at both sides of the floor. Judging by 3rd foul on Duncan for charging vs. the Howard fast break that resulted in a Barry blocking foul show that it was not necessarily so. However, regardless of this fact, the spurs lost their composure against the refs and the Mavs played great. Those combined into the Spurs getting blown out, not the refs doing a sorry job.