SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-06, 06:20 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Jason Terry "Watch for a new look in Game 2"

By JASON TERRY
Special to the Star-Telegram

Offensively and defensively, Game 1 wasn't our best game. Down the stretch, we didn't execute the way we should have. We had a couple turnovers and missed a couple shots. Everything is correctable, and, in practice, we corrected a lot of our mistakes.

We know we can play a lot better than what we did. We know what to expect, and that's what it's all about. We're not worried about how they're feeling, what their mind-set is. It's all about us and how we approach the game. We must approach the game in an aggressive mind-set.

We have to individually take responsibility and focus on all of our system malfunctions. From watching the game film, we know we can run in transition better and try to get easy baskets. When we get chances at easy baskets, we have to finish. I know, personally, I missed a lot of shots I know I'll make, so I'm not concerned.

I couldn't really sleep Sunday night just knowing that I let an opportunity slip by and let them off the hook with some of the shots I missed and some of the mistakes I made defensively.

I haven't done anything different to prepare for Game 2. I do my same routine, and that's to watch tons of film. I'm taking it upon myself to correct my mistakes, and as a team, I expect us to be more confident, more aggressive, more assertive. That's the way I'm going to approach it also.

We look at Game 2 as one we can win. We definitely are positive. It starts with winning one game. If we win one game, we'll see what happens when we get back to Dallas.

We're ready to go. Game 2 is going to be a different story.

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/ba...s/14535341.htm

Sorry if already posted
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-09-06, 06:24 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

blah blah blah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-09-06, 06:32 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Its funny, you never hear one word from the Spurs camp. However, every team we play in the playoffs can not keep their mouth shut! Well, guess theirs only one thing that will do it...
Old 05-09-06, 06:33 PM
The Master Baiter

Hmm, someone should tell him that the Spurs didn't exactly play their best game either.
Old 05-09-06, 06:35 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

It doesn't matter what is said, you still have to play the game on the court. That is the Spurs attitude.
Old 05-09-06, 06:35 PM
Delusional Manu Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice
Its funny, you never hear one word from the Spurs camp. However, every team we play in the playoffs can not keep their mouth shut! Well, guess theirs only one thing that will do it...
It's what they do.....

"He said, 'Go for every pump fake,' " Hibbert said.
Old 05-09-06, 06:44 PM
SpursReport Rookie

What its still not 830 YET
Old 05-09-06, 06:46 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab
Hmm, someone should tell him that the Spurs didn't exactly play their best game either.
They must think that the Spurs played their best game ever and tend to forget Parker was hurt and the Spurs had a quick turnabout and no rest and still manage to beat them. That should humble most people but not bs teams...
Old 05-09-06, 06:47 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy7
They must think that the Spurs played their best game ever and tend to forget Parker was hurt and the Spurs had a quick turnabout and no rest and still manage to beat them. That should humble most people but not bs teams...
parker is STILL hurt, so if u're saying that's why he played bad, then he's likely to play just as bad this game so it may be close.
Old 05-09-06, 06:49 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Both Tony and Manu said that they couldn't get the lift they needed with their legs on Sunday. That will be different tonight. Playing in pain is kind of par for the course in the playoffs. It should not affect their game too much.
Old 05-09-06, 06:50 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

It's called "whistling past the graveyard".

Mavs and their fans have to make the most of this round because they quitely fear that it's as far as they get.
Old 05-09-06, 06:56 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan9
parker is STILL hurt, so if u're saying that's why he played bad, then he's likely to play just as bad this game so it may be close.
What I was saying is that the Mavs had no excuse to lose. They were well rested and should have been ready. They lost because they are the inferior team.
Old 05-09-06, 07:03 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy7
word
Old 05-09-06, 07:53 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Pop has the unique skill of pulling exactly what is needed to make the Spurs a winning team. Team is eaxctly what they are more than any other team except the Pistons. Spurs will need to keep the mindset that gets them over the top. I feel confident the Spurs will make it to be one of the final 2 teams.
Old 05-09-06, 08:20 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Talk big; catch big fish.
Old 05-09-06, 08:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd98
Are the Mavs really starting Devin Harris tonight?
the article is talking about harris starting in game 2.
Old 05-09-06, 08:29 PM
SpursReport Team Member

JT spits fire into my eyes with his words.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Atleast the guy tries, give him that
Old 05-09-06, 08:30 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

they're gettin new jerseys? cool.
Old 05-09-06, 08:31 PM
Banned

the article is talking about harris starting in game 2.