News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 05-07-06, 01:05 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Stack Talking Some Smack

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...e.79a4f19.html

Probably posted already, though haven't seen it yet...

Quote:
Stackhouse not convinced: Jerry Stackhouse doesn't mind stirring things up, and he was quick to point out that the Spurs have no reason to feel like a dynasty going into the second round of the playoffs, even if they have won three of the last seven NBA titles.

"I look around, and I don't see a team that's been dominant before," Stackhouse said. "The Spurs won one last year. Detroit won the year before. The Spurs were a few minutes from it being back-to-back Detroit [championships]. And we'd all be talking about them instead of San Antonio."
Too bad AJ doesn't keep the same kind of lid on his players as Pop does...With these comments from Stack, and some of those from Dirky and Damp, they sure do like to provide bulletin board material...Again for a team that has won NOTHING, they love to talk. Just like their owner. Just like their fans. Man, we've just gotta wipe them out.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-07-06, 01:10 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

I think bulletin board material is overrated - except for the fans who get riled up about it. if you are a professional you go out and play hard no matter what people say in the papers. If someone plays harder because of a comment they read in the papers it means they weren't giving 100%.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-07-06, 01:11 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

ifs and buts

if the mavs hadn't been beaten by the suns, they could have been beaten by the spurs.

Dave McNulla
Spurs Fan

Tweet Me
Old 05-07-06, 01:12 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

We heard the same kind of smack from Artest and their bunch and look how that turned out? Spurs players don't play mind games, but it sure looks like Stackhouse is vulnerable to those games.
Old 05-07-06, 01:20 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Overrated maybe. But still noted. If you don't think it affects players' focus, I think you are being naive. They may be professionals, but they are still people, not robots. Emotions are a huge part of any endeavor that relies on confidence.

Think Bruce wasn't affected by Bonzi's "finesse defense" comments prior to game 6?
Think Arenas wasn't affected by Lebron's comments before that last free throw?

It may not have a huge effect, but i promise it does have some. And sometimes it's good, and sometimes it bad.

In posting the comments, I wasn't really saying that the Spurs would put an extra spanking on the Mavs. I just think it's silly for players who've accomplished so little to talk so big. If they are confident, just perform. Why go out of their way to boast?

And playing the "what if?" game with seasons past is really going out of his way.
Old 05-07-06, 01:23 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamDunc21
In posting the comments, I wasn't really saying that the Spurs would put an extra spanking on the Mavs. I just think it's silly for players who've accomplished so little to talk so big. If they are confident, just perform. Why go out of their way to boast?
Maybe to try and get them off their game? If you are thinking about what someone says in the paper and not the game, you can lose an edge.
Old 05-07-06, 01:24 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

stack smack lol
Old 05-07-06, 01:29 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

The Spurs have gone through the MASTER of propaganda with the Zen master and Lakers. It doesn't work. I don't think anything Stack has to say will get them to lose focus. Stack has no room to talk -- I don't think he has ever even been to a finals except as a spectator.
Old 05-07-06, 01:31 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

oh the what if game......

What if we lost WWII??
Old 05-07-06, 01:38 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousspirit
The Spurs have gone through the MASTER of propaganda with the Zen master and Lakers. It doesn't work.
Not even when a team gets swept 4-0?
Old 05-07-06, 01:38 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldoror
Maybe to try and get them off their game? If you are thinking about what someone says in the paper and not the game, you can lose an edge.
And if Stack knew anything, he'd just stay quiet on this subject. He should know the Spurs aren't a mentally fragile team because they have won championships and been in MANY more tough series than him (and come out the victors). So anything he says won't affect them. And for someone who hasn't won a thing it just makes him look more stupid. And if anything, it may even put more pressure on his own young and untested teammates since he is insinuating that the Spurs aren't a tough foe and should be beat.

For all those reasons, its just best to keep quiet and beat your opponent on the floor.
Old 05-07-06, 01:40 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason R
Not even when a team gets swept 4-0?
Old 05-07-06, 01:46 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

Stack's an Idiot - he forgot if not for Fisher illegle .4 it would be three peat!
Old 05-07-06, 02:25 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

KAD is right - if it weren't for the bogus call on Fisher's shot, the Spurs would be the most dominant in the post-Jordan era without any argument whatsoever.

But, we can take care of that argument ourselves this year by repeating.

As for Stack, he can flap his overated lip all he wants -- truth is, Pop wouldn't even let him on our team - he's not a good enough defender to make our squad.
Old 05-07-06, 08:46 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

You would think AJ would have learned something about not letting his players flap their gums in the press

Stack is a dumbass. This talk from Dallas is hilarious...WIN SOMETHING before you open your mouth
Old 05-07-06, 08:59 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Stack should be more concerned about the fact that his inefficiency is why hoops world named him one of the ten reasons why the Spurs were going to win.
Old 05-07-06, 02:43 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Thanks Jerry for not calling that time out!

GO SPURS GO!
Old 05-07-06, 02:55 PM
SpursReport Rookie

The word dynasty is thrown around a lot. But the Spurs have been amazingly consistent since 1999, always in the running for a championship, and have won 3 all the while. Obviously a lot of teams can't say that.
Old 05-07-06, 03:20 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pessimist
That last play by Stack was one of the most bonehead plays by ANYONE in a while.

Shut your mouth ringless loser.
he backed it up before that play, but that was pretty stupid.

Dave McNulla
Spurs Fan

Tweet Me