News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 05-06-06, 11:42 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Who starts at Center?

Who do you think is going to start at Center? Since Mavs have physical Center like Diop & Dampier, you would think that means Nazr or Rasho are going to get their starting spot back. At least that's what I think.

Nazr didn't play well but his stats did look ok in the first round. I think he deserves some playing time against Dallas.

15.8 mins- 7.0 pts, 5 rebs, 1.2 blks
77 FG%, 75 %FT,
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-06-06, 11:47 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameFan2k5
Who do you think is going to start at Center? Since Mavs have physical Center like Diop & Dampier, you would think that means Nazr or Rasho are going to get their starting spot back. At least that's what I think.

Nazr didn't play well but his stats did look ok in the first round. I think he deserves some playing time against Dallas.

77 FG%, 75 %FT,
Nazr Nesterovic....either him or Rasho Mohammed.
Old 05-06-06, 11:48 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:

77 FG%, 75 %FT,
I think the Spurs will need their best rebounding. I would think that means Nazr will start, but I could be wrong. Pop may go with Rasho's bigger frame to counter Damp's size.
Old 05-06-06, 11:50 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I believe that Nazr will be back in the starting line up, like many in here I believe match up problems was the reason he didn't play much against Sac. They will need him against Dallas
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-06-06, 11:53 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Nazr looked like a monster against the Mavs a few games this season. He didn't start the 1st game against Dallas which they were blown out in. Also, Nazr should be one of the few Spurs who is not only fresh, but really anxious to play since he hasn't been playing.
Old 05-06-06, 11:53 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

I think Pop needs big but also Basket ball intelligence - Rasho is shoulders above Nazr in this regard. Of Horry is in another league but too small - Pop may still go there now and then
Old 05-06-06, 12:12 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Start Horry so we can have this:

TD on Diop
Horry on Dirk
Bruce on Howard
Manu on Griffin
TP on Terry
Old 05-06-06, 12:14 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

the depth we have is so amazing, that we can bench our starting center for 4 games and not bat an eye.

Nazr's a bad matchup? OK, we'll start Rasho.

Need the spacing on the floor? OK we'll start Horry.

We may have the best 1-12 since Portland in 2000.
Old 05-06-06, 12:18 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs Brazil
Start Horry so we can have this:

TD on Diop
Horry on Dirk
Bruce on Howard
Manu on Griffin
TP on Terry
Yes!!!!! This is what i dreamed about last night. Horry is more than capable of handling Dirk the Dork. Also Horry and Dork will be able to play outside so that means that TD will close up the paint and over rebound on Dampier and Diop. This will work..

"Today's game is style over substance. He's the opposite. He's substance over style. I think he's appreciated. I don't think he's adored."
Dave Odom, Duncan's college coach
Old 05-06-06, 12:36 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeOne Ginobili
Yes!!!!! This is what i dreamed about last night. Horry is more than capable of handling Dirk the Dork. Also Horry and Dork will be able to play outside so that means that TD will close up the paint and over rebound on Dampier and Diop. This will work..
I feel playing Horry too many minutes may burn him out by the end of this series. You saw what happened in 03' when he had just logged too much time.
Old 05-06-06, 12:47 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAD
I think Pop needs big but also Basket ball intelligence - Rasho is shoulders above Nazr in this regard. Of Horry is in another league but too small - Pop may still go there now and then
Thank you. I think this is the bottom line.

You need someone who is going to make the right decision in a critical moment of the game.

For all his hustle over the past year and a half - Mohammed has yet to prove that he can do that.

I'd rather have a smart player who doesn't always play agressive, than an agressive player who doesn't always play smart.
Old 05-06-06, 01:01 PM
SpursReport Rookie

This is my first post. I'm 20 yrs. old and I live in Massachusetts. Became a Spurs fan through watching David Robinson starting in 1992 or so.

Anyways..

I would definitely start Mohammed. Even though he sucked in the Kings series, that wasn't his type of series since the Kings' bigs play away from the basket. They need his rebounding in there against guys like Diop and Dampier.

As far as the matchup problem with Dirk, Bowen should be able to limit him despite his size disadvantage. I think that by not having Bowen on Dirk, that would be a huge waste of the team's best defender. Especially since I feel that Nowitzki is the only guy that can really hurt us in the this series. No one else on that team scares me.
Old 05-06-06, 01:16 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Pop will go back to the original starting line up of Nazr at center.
Old 05-06-06, 01:23 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Nazr at center for rebounding and we already know Bowen can guard Nowitzki if needed.
Old 05-06-06, 01:47 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

THE COYOTE

in all seriousness go back to Nazr or stick with Rob. Nazr plays fairly well against the Mavs.
Old 05-06-06, 01:56 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I'm still wondering when we're gonna put Nazr's brain in Rasho's body. Razr Mohammovic FTW.
Old 05-06-06, 03:34 PM

yeah, definitely Nazr back in the starting lineup. Bowen can guard Dirk and if he tries to post him up, they've learned how to help him out (thanks to the Kings series). good thing about this series is tthe Mavs aren't as fast as the Kings and don't play on the perimeter as much with both their bigs.
Old 05-06-06, 04:13 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swami077
This is my first post. I'm 20 yrs. old and I live in Massachusetts. Became a Spurs fan through watching David Robinson starting in 1992 or so.

Anyways..

I would definitely start Mohammed. Even though he sucked in the Kings series, that wasn't his type of series since the Kings' bigs play away from the basket. They need his rebounding in there against guys like Diop and Dampier.

As far as the matchup problem with Dirk, Bowen should be able to limit him despite his size disadvantage. I think that by not having Bowen on Dirk, that would be a huge waste of the team's best defender. Especially since I feel that Nowitzki is the only guy that can really hurt us in the this series. No one else on that team scares me.
I agree. We need rebounds and that is Nazr's forte. I just hope he uses his brain once he gets the rebounds. I also think that Bowen is in dirk's head, so he should front dirk as much as possible. Whatever happens, Pop can always change the line up if this doesn't work.

Welcome Swami077.
Old 05-06-06, 04:29 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
I feel playing Horry too many minutes may burn him out by the end of this series. You saw what happened in 03' when he had just logged too much time.
I don't think we have to worry about playing Horry too much this year. He missed a ton of games during the season and played limited minutes in many others. I think we should increase Horry's minutes now and let him start playing like it's playoff time.
Old 05-06-06, 07:45 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Dave
I don't think we have to worry about playing Horry too much this year. He missed a ton of games during the season and played limited minutes in many others. I think we should increase Horry's minutes now and let him start playing like it's playoff time.
I almost agree with that, but Pop is going to err on the side of caution, especially with only 36 hours rest. I think Nazr starts; Horry comes off the bench and puts in a good 15.