News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-06, 03:09 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Kings' celebration after victory will come back to haunt them

The way the Sacramento Kings celebrated after game three was bigger than most teams celebrate after they win an NBA Championship.

That kind of emotional surge can't be duplicated.

Spurs in 5.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-29-06, 03:17 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

That's because they achieved their season-long goal, of beating the Spurs once in the playoffs. Now they can go home happy and start making fishing arrangements for after game 5.
Old 04-29-06, 04:07 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-29-06, 04:12 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

^ haha I kind of feel for the kid. Whether the Kings win the series or not, that'll probably be one of the biggest shots of his career.

Soak it up while it lasts Martin.
Old 04-29-06, 04:24 AM
SpursReport Rookie

NORMALLY the spurs face adversity from the start of the series sucks that we lost this game but the spurs still up 2 to 1 all we need is 1 in their house
Old 04-29-06, 04:58 AM
Banned

when you win at the buzzer its hard to keep a cap on it. if it was a blowout im sure it wouldnt have been on the same level. give them a break, its not like they beat atlanta, it was the spurs
Old 04-29-06, 08:25 AM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

Given the Spurs history of losing game 3 when up 2-0 and then losing game 4, don't be surprised if they come back tied 2-2
Old 04-29-06, 08:28 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Im not counting on it

I think the Spurs come out pissed off after totally letting one slip away

game was over before Manu's turnover

and the Maloofs are tools. win something before acting like a fool....esp with the profanity and bad behavior you dropped at the AT&T center in game 2
Old 04-29-06, 09:32 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

What were they supposed to do, walk off the court unemotionally? If the Spurs had hit a buzzer beater like that, after a great steal, when they should have lost, and it was their young up-and-coming player who was the hero, wouldn't they have jumped up and hugged and bumped and all that? Come on. You're just bitter.

Now, the Maloofs, I'll give you that one. They are very rich jackasses.
Old 04-29-06, 11:05 AM
SpursReport Rookie

**** if I were the Kings and I just beat a team that I know can't win the series off of, I would be celebrating too. I thought its was much more pathetic in the first quarter and the whole crowd rose as won when the kings took a commanding 3 point lead into a Spurs timeout.
Old 04-29-06, 11:30 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelWi101
Given the Spurs history of losing game 3 when up 2-0 and then losing game 4, don't be surprised if they come back tied 2-2
No kidding.

Seriously..I never really expected the Spurs to win last nights game anyways.

They Rarely seem (I didn't check the stats, but thats the impression I have from past playoffs) to close out a series on the first chance they have. It is annoying and frustrating. They always seem to make things a little harder than they need to be.

Yet they always seem to get the job done in the end so you learn to live with it.

Thats why I am not that bummed about last nights game.

Just as I did not expect the Spurs to win last night, I do expect them to tear the Kings a new hole in the next game. Manu is going to go off.

Last edited by omax; 04-29-06 at 11:32 AM.
Old 04-29-06, 12:08 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by omax
No kidding.

Seriously..I never really expected the Spurs to win last nights game anyways.

They Rarely seem (I didn't check the stats, but thats the impression I have from past playoffs) to close out a series on the first chance they have. It is annoying and frustrating. They always seem to make things a little harder than they need to be.

Yet they always seem to get the job done in the end so you learn to live with it.

Thats why I am not that bummed about last nights game.

Just as I did not expect the Spurs to win last night, I do expect them to tear the Kings a new hole in the next game. Manu is going to go off.
+1! Manu usually harnesses that anger and goes off. Whether it's on the next play, or like in last nights case, the next game. He's taking this downer all on himself. I saw him quoted as saying "worst turnover of my career". It sure was...now get mad and go off in game 4!

I, on the other hand, was pissed about last night's game. There was no reason at all to drive the lane. Shake the defender off from beyond the arc and throw up a 3 with 1 left on the shot clock. King's would have gotten the ball back with 1 sec on the game clock....and hope like hell the desparation 3 on the rebound didn't make it in.
Old 04-29-06, 12:24 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

yeah...manu and tony will use that as motivation.
Tim is back and you know what that means....after a tough loss he tends to have monster game.
Old 04-29-06, 01:10 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Im sorry but the Spurs reacted like this after Tim's shot before Fisher's in 2004. Imagine if we were down 2-0 against Detroit in the finals and Detroit has the ball and the lead down the stretch and we get a steal and make a buzzerbeating layup too win the game. How do u think the Spurs would react? Maybe not as crazy as the Kings but they would be celebrating.
Lest we forget, in the biggest NBA game of the last decade, the Spurs handled the Pistons in the type of game that Detroit is supposedly built for. In deciding games between San Antonio and Detroit, the Spurs are 1-0, and the Pistons are 0-1.
Old 04-29-06, 01:23 PM
Banned

EXCEPT IT SPURS BOYS
Old 04-29-06, 01:24 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

its no biggie....

we haven't swept a team in, aside from memphis, in years... Honestly the spurs have yet to show the same intensity and fire that the kings are. The kings are pouncing and the spurs are barely catching up.

they seem rather lethargic, but after this loss I expect the spurs to murder the Kings on sunday and wrap it up on sunday....
Old 04-29-06, 01:24 PM
SpursReport Team Member

The kings earned this one whether anyone likes it or not.

After winning 3 championships, you would think we'd be used to all these situations. The spurs are the champs, just like the lakers were and just like the bulls. If any team defeated them on a buzzer beater, why not celebrate? It's a great feeling to beat the top dogs. Let them celebrate their win now, we'll celebrate later in june.
Old 04-29-06, 02:11 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
EXCEPT IT SPURS BOYS
We are excepting it.

No one here thinks this game will have any lasting meaning.
Then chances are good that YOU ALMOST FREAKING KILLED ME IN THE PARKING LOT
Old 04-29-06, 02:11 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
EXCEPT IT SPURS BOYS
Except - v. To take or leave out from a number or a whole : EXCLUDE.

I have no problem excepting it, as it really means nothing in terms of who will win the series.

I even accept it. It's just one game.
Old 04-29-06, 02:13 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Manu and Tony had terrible games and we still should have won won. This series is over in 5. Spurs win the next 2.
Old 04-29-06, 02:19 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcone
Manu and Tony had terrible games and we still should have won won. This series is over in 5. Spurs win the next 2.
ok, that's just like saying in game two bibby and miller were NONfactors, but the kings couldve won the game if bibby wouldnt of left his man. right!
Old 04-29-06, 02:48 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzKriegBop
The kings earned this one whether anyone likes it or not.

After winning 3 championships, you would think we'd be used to all these situations. The spurs are the champs, just like the lakers were and just like the bulls. If any team defeated them on a buzzer beater, why not celebrate? It's a great feeling to beat the top dogs. Let them celebrate their win now, we'll celebrate later in june.
Absolutely true. That's basketball. Although I will say, it seems kind of silly watching that on the other side. But that's probably because we have been spoiled by the 3 championships.
The loss really didn't bother. I saw it more as, "Ok....here we go again. Typical Spurs playoff series: Detroy opponent in one game and give them a ray of hope, and give us a scare in the next game."
Old 04-29-06, 03:17 PM
SpursReport Team Starter-Rest In Peace

Quote:
Im sorry but the Spurs reacted like this after Tim's shot before Fisher's in 2004.
How many times would someone else then make a BS shot that never should have counted (which is still my assertion to this day) with .4 seconds left?
Old 04-29-06, 03:34 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
when you win at the buzzer its hard to keep a cap on it. if it was a blowout im sure it wouldnt have been on the same level. give them a break, its not like they beat atlanta, it was the spurs
KINGS KNOW IN THEIR HEARTS THEY WILL NOT WIN THIS SERIES! SO THEY WIN A CLOSE GAME AND CELEBRATE LIKE THEY WON A TITLE.....ITS ALL ABOUT EXPECTATIONS BABY!! AFTER THE KINGS LOSE, THEY CAN REPLAY THE LAST SHOT FROM GAME 3 OVER AND OVER......LOOKING AT IT FROM A FETAL POSITION! LOL
Old 04-29-06, 03:46 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Old 04-29-06, 03:50 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I was there when Marbury hit the running 3ptr at the buzzer for Phoenix to beat the Spurs in Game 1 in 2003. I can tell you THEY celebrated just as much as (if not more than) the Kings did last night.

Get over it... It's not like they were dancing on the scorer's table or pouring champagne on each other. They had a big play and a big shot that beat the defending champs at the buzzer. What did you expect them to do?? Walk off without even cracking a smile??? It's just one game.

SPURS in 5!
Old 04-29-06, 04:09 PM
The Chosen One(Moderator)

Who cares how they celebrated.....it was a great play to win at the buzzer...series is over in FIVE ANYWAYS.

The Kings won this battle but there is NO WAY they win the war...especially after how they won...

I'm Batman's cousin
Old 04-29-06, 04:22 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
EXCEPT IT SPURS BOYS
Quote:
Originally Posted by To be named later
I'm sorry....and you are....who?

I'm sorry......Kings have yet to earn any rights to talk smack or have an attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNate
Except - v. To take or leave out from a number or a whole : EXCLUDE.

I have no problem excepting it, as it really means nothing in terms of who will win the series.

I even accept it. It's just one game.
I was wondering who would bring this up. Good one.
Old 04-29-06, 04:29 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
EXCEPT IT SPURS BOYS
You must be joking
Old 04-29-06, 05:55 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunc n Dave
Get over it... It's not like they were dancing on the scorer's table or pouring champagne on each other. They had a big play and a big shot that beat the defending champs at the buzzer. What did you expect them to do?? Walk off without even cracking a smile??? It's just one game.
Seriously.

Some people get offended way too easily.
Old 04-29-06, 07:10 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
EXCEPT IT SPURS BOYS
I believe the word you are looking for is "ACCEPT" genius.
Old 04-30-06, 01:40 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I predicted Spurs in 5! We will win the next 2 so enjoy your 1 game win Kings!
Old 04-30-06, 02:09 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

I'm ok with them celebrating a game they lost that we decided to give them in a charitable fashion - that be one of few things they can celebrate so why not - go ahead and we'll your head on a platter soon.
Old 04-30-06, 07:07 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Whats with the all hypersensitivity? Let em' enjoy the win! Their fans deserved it. I am actually happy something good happeded to the Kings, just regret it happed against us...