News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 04-28-06, 03:36 PM
Delusional Manu Lover

Mike Miller Wins the 6th Man Award

http://www.nba.com/news/awards2006_sixthman.html

I watched him shoot like 5 air balls the other night....has he really had that great of a year??????

"He said, 'Go for every pump fake,' " Hibbert said.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-28-06, 03:43 PM
SpursReport Team Member

why does this kind of award exist? why bother to give an award to a guy that can't make the starting job ? this is probably the silliest thing in the nba.
Old 04-28-06, 03:46 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Sometimes the reason you're on the bench, isn't because you can't get in the starting rotation, but because you provide more off the bench than you would as a starter. Or because your playing behind a franchise player, but that doesn't make you less valuable. There are sixth men who play off the bench and change game momentum (AHEM Manu Ginobil 2003).
Old 04-28-06, 03:48 PM
Delusional Manu Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by chauphan
why does this kind of award exist? why bother to give an award to a guy that can't make the starting job ? this is probably the silliest thing in the nba.
Most teams play with more than 6 players........so when are they gonna come up with the 7th man award?????? 8th??????? What about the ,"Poor Sap At The End Of The Bench" award??????

"He said, 'Go for every pump fake,' " Hibbert said.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-28-06, 03:55 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Wow, didn't see that one coming.
Old 04-28-06, 04:00 PM
SpursReport Team Member

What the hell type of record/Stat is this???
"Miller joined Dallas’ Dirk Nowitzki as the only two players in the league to finish in the top 20 in three-point percentage while also averaging better than five rebounds and 2.5 assists. Miller was second on the team in rebounding and tied for third in assists (2.7 apg)."

Dumbest ish i've ever read
Old 04-28-06, 04:12 PM
SpursReport Rookie

They shouldnt give any of these awards until the the playoffs are over.
Old 04-28-06, 05:14 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Since we have this award, I would like to suggest that we have Waterboy of the year also.

"Today's game is style over substance. He's the opposite. He's substance over style. I think he's appreciated. I don't think he's adored."
Dave Odom, Duncan's college coach
Old 04-28-06, 06:41 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Miller deserves it. He's a true 6th man i.e. a guy who could easily start but comes off the bench for extra firepower. 2nd in scoring on his team, 2nd in rebounding, 3rd in assists. Can't get much better than that.
Old 04-28-06, 06:47 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinskillz
What the hell type of record/Stat is this???
"Miller joined Dallas’ Dirk Nowitzki as the only two players in the league to finish in the top 20 in three-point percentage while also averaging better than five rebounds and 2.5 assists. Miller was second on the team in rebounding and tied for third in assists (2.7 apg)."

Dumbest ish i've ever read
I hate when they break records down this way.

"John Q. Public was one of just seven players to average 17 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists, and 1.25 blocks." That sht IS stupid.
Old 04-28-06, 07:36 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Congratulations to Miller. Hopefully, he can help Memphis win one game in this series with dallas. Please?
Old 04-28-06, 07:57 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Yes Miller earned it. If one of the Spurs won it would the ones bashing him and the award bash the Spur?
Old 04-28-06, 07:58 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by chauphan
Seriously?

Do you NOT remember Manu coming off the bench last playoffs?

Anyways, Miller deserved it, alongside his ROY award in a terrible rookie class.
3.) I will never, in any situation, argue when I can discuss
Old 04-28-06, 08:22 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtownSpur
Yes Miller earned it. If one of the Spurs won it would the ones bashing him and the award bash the Spur?
Exactly. With Manu when he was coming off the bench or Finley(if he was more consistent) would have many threads about him for 6th man.

"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at this rock perhaps 100 times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the 101st blow, it will split in two and I know it was not that blow that did it. But all that had gone before." - Jacob Riis