News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-06, 10:15 AM
Delusional Manu Lover

WOW!!! Kings fans really hate Manu

I figured I would go to the other side just to see what they were saying and the very 1st thread I clicked on said the following:

"I can't stand that beak nosed, greasy haired, third world growing up in, pasty skinned, pouty little b*tch.

I have absolutely no idea how this guy is an effective NBA player. He ONLY drives to his left. If he finds himself forced to drive right, he'll do a 180 in the air so he can attempt a left handed layup. He outright sucks.

But for whatever reason, no NBA defender has been able to figure that the Falkland Island invading goat herder plays like his right hand is tied behind his back.

Eff Ginobli."

Keep in mind this was the 1st thread I clicked on.......I could only imagine what else they could say. I would have more respect for them if they made logical statements about his game, but to pull out the bigatry card is totally classless.

"He said, 'Go for every pump fake,' " Hibbert said.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-26-06, 10:21 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

That isn't Kingsfans, is it?

I mean, it's one guy. But this type of xenophobic and racist behavior isn't surprising at this point.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-26-06, 10:24 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Another post today says:
Brent Barry is now the 8th Spur I hate.
And they are bashing Bibby and Miller big time.
Old 04-26-06, 10:24 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

*Yawn* The rants of a bigoted, pinheaded, simple minded, excuse making, jealous, imbecile don't interest me much.
Old 04-26-06, 10:27 AM
Delusional Manu Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleo
That isn't Kingsfans, is it?

I mean, it's one guy. But this type of xenophobic and racist behavior isn't surprising at this point.
It was actually Kingstalk. Is this what Kings fans really think of Manu? Any Kings fans want to weigh in on this one? It definitely reflects badly on the Moderator of the Kingstalk website.

Old 04-26-06, 10:30 AM

It's been said before, kingstalk is a bad, bad place....in fact all B-ball forums with talk in their name should be avoided.
Old 04-26-06, 10:39 AM
MomBear

That is so true...
Old 04-26-06, 10:39 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

they're hilarious. you should read some of their game thread. i guess they don't have chat so they rant and rave in there. continuous posts of "oh god" and "i'm gonna be sick"

http://www.kingsfans.com/forums/show...=12116&page=55

Dave McNulla
Spurs Fan

Tweet Me
Old 04-26-06, 10:45 AM
SpursReport Team Member

They probably said the same stuff about Artest until he was traded to their team. If Manu were a King, they would be exalting him. That is the way fans are. Didn't we hate Shaq and Kobe? Maybe not to that level, but we are talking about guys that are emotional after a tough loss and they are expressing it on their keyboards. If they had to think this thing out in a public setting, I'm sure they wouldn't say the same things.
Old 04-26-06, 10:45 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Right about now they even hate themselves and are at each others throats, calling for the head of their coach and Bibby and just last week they were all raving about him and consider him a savior. Makes me think about how Christ came into Jerusalem and received the praise of people only to be put in the cross a week later by the same crowd.
Old 04-26-06, 11:04 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd98
They probably said the same stuff about Artest until he was traded to their team. If Manu were a King, they would be exalting him...
My thoughts exactly
Old 04-26-06, 11:20 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

yeah...anyone who doesnt have him hates him. i look at it as a sign of respect. manu is getting back to his playoff form
its exciting...now its tim's turn.
Old 04-26-06, 11:25 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

The Mavs fans are really really gonna hate him.
Then chances are good that YOU ALMOST FREAKING KILLED ME IN THE PARKING LOT
Old 04-26-06, 11:32 AM
SpursReport Rookie

lol!! that was terrible! I mean forget all the name calling... to say "he out right sucks" idiot x 2 (look RickV..math!!)
Old 04-26-06, 11:50 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickette
lol!! that was terrible! I mean forget all the name calling... to say "he out right sucks" idiot x 2 (look RickV..math!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy7
Right about now they even hate themselves and are at each others throats, calling for the head of their coach and Bibby and just last week they were all raving about him and consider him a savior. Makes me think about how Christ came into Jerusalem and received the praise of people only to be put in the cross a week later by the same crowd.
Nice allegory.

Quote:
Didn't we hate Shaq and Kobe? .
I still do, though not as much.
Old 04-26-06, 11:57 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark21horse
I figured I would go to the other side just to see what they were saying and the very 1st thread I clicked on said the following:

"I can't stand that beak nosed, greasy haired, third world growing up in, pasty skinned, pouty little b*tch.

I have absolutely no idea how this guy is an effective NBA player. He ONLY drives to his left. If he finds himself forced to drive right, he'll do a 180 in the air so he can attempt a left handed layup. He outright sucks.

But for whatever reason, no NBA defender has been able to figure that the Falkland Island invading goat herder plays like his right hand is tied behind his back.

Eff Ginobli."

Keep in mind this was the 1st thread I clicked on.......I could only imagine what else they could say. I would have more respect for them if they made logical statements about his game, but to pull out the bigatry card is totally classless.
Interesting. I have an exercise for you. Mentally translate the above rant into one about a black player who grew up in an urban setting. Now imagine the reaction if you actually articulated that out loud. You'd be banned and probably arrested.

Why is it OK to say all that about a white player from Argentina?
Old 04-26-06, 12:00 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

kingstalk suck. kingsfans.com is the right choice. the moderators over there are very strict. im pretty sure there were no racial comments against manu over there. there might of been a couple "i hate barry" or "damn manu" posts. but that's it
Old 04-26-06, 12:00 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoMamaIsCallin
Interesting. I have an exercise for you. Mentally translate the above rant into one about a black player who grew up in an urban setting. Now imagine the reaction if you actually articulated that out loud. You'd be banned and probably arrested.

Old 04-26-06, 12:01 PM
Abominable snowballer

i read some of the threads on kingsfans.com and i have to admit that they have some very profound discussions there.
you will always have some posters in a forum who only post crap, also on spursreport, but compared to many other fan-forums i've visited, the level on kingsfans.com is quite respectable.
and many of them are respekting the spurs and our players.

examples:

Quote:
I've never seen anyone consistently use screens the way Ginobili and Parker do.

Most players come around the pick and hug the corner in order to shed the defender. Or they step back behind it to wait for the roll or shoot the jumper.

Not these two guys. They wheel all the way around the pick, going wide to the outside and avoiding the help from the second the defender, then they either go to the cup or hit the screener down the lane. Ginobili did just that on the three-point play in overtime that nailed the game down. It makes it harder to trap the ball-handler off the pick - virtually impossible with just the two defenders. Not that I've never seen anyone else use picks that way, but not as consistently as they do. The only other person I can think of would be Steve Nash.
Quote:
Cisco hustles and his long arms make him a good weakside shotblocker, but there's no way he can hang with Parker speedwise.
Martin is the only one on our team who could even possibly do it. Hart might be the second best option. But basically team defense is the key. Rotations are critical, because nobody is staying in front of Parker for long.
Quote:
The drag is they are just a very good team. A high pick and roll instantly throws your defense into jump switches and we just don't have the long armed horses to switch around quick enough. Then you have Van Excel and Horry and Bowen - guys you have to leave alone, unfortunately. If they're shots are contested even a little it'd help. They weren't on Saturday.
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnificent
kingstalk suck. kingsfans.com is the right choice. the moderators over there are very strict. im pretty sure there were no racial comments against manu over there. there might of been a couple "i hate barry" or "damn manu" posts. but that's it
Mag, I must say you have alot of class with your posts here.
Delusional Manu Lover

Quote:

Well.......I didn't say that about Manu, but you bring up a good point.

Old 04-26-06, 12:02 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:

It's a message board. We've seen some pretty bad comments about black players in here. You come to expect that on a public forum. Just proves that there are ignorant people everywhere.
Old 04-26-06, 12:02 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I'd hate him too if I was a fan of another team. Too effective. They're jealous.

Sith
Old 04-26-06, 12:11 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I would also hate him if I was a fan of another team because he is just that good. But I would never stoop so low as to try to demean him because of his upbringing, color, race or what accent he has or how he looks. That is just going a little to far because what he is or where he is from does not have anything to do with how great he plays ball.
Old 04-26-06, 12:14 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by

[url
http://www.kingsfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12116&page=55[/url]
That is one hilarious thread if you read it from that point forward. Like the rest of us, they were watching the wrong guy on the 3 pt line. They didn't like the Manu flop, unfortunately for them that wasn't the game loser for them.

They want the Lakers to beat us in the second round too, I understand they are hurting but no way ___remento fans cheer for the Lakers. I really hope that was in the heat of the moment, to see ___remento fan stoop so low makes me seriously ill.
Old 04-26-06, 12:25 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave McNulla
they're hilarious. you should read some of their game thread. i guess they don't have chat so they rant and rave in there. continuous posts of "oh god" and "i'm gonna be sick"

http://www.kingsfans.com/forums/show...=12116&page=55
Folks:
This one cracked me up
"Finley, Van Exel, Barry, all coat tail riding peices of @#$%^#$&&...

Spurs = Yankees

way to blow our chance bibby"

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/LiverpoolSpursSig.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-26-06, 12:27 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

After the Artest suspension, Pacer fan reactions(with a few Kings fans making guest appearances).

They definetly feel better looking in from the outside rather than being the victim fans.

"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at this rock perhaps 100 times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the 101st blow, it will split in two and I know it was not that blow that did it. But all that had gone before." - Jacob Riis
Old 04-26-06, 12:32 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Well this happens basically every playoffs so I'm really not too surprised. Everyone hates manu when the Spurs are beating them, because hes such a physical, active player.

"There are many dying children out there whose last wish is to meet me" -David Hasselhoff
Old 04-26-06, 12:35 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurfan15
Well this happens basically every playoffs so I'm really not too surprised. Everyone hates manu when the Spurs are beating them, because hes such a physical, active player.
Him and Bowen, can be annoying if you are a fan looking on in on the other side. Because they create so many problems for the other teams. And any little thing gets magnified. The physicality and incidents.

"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at this rock perhaps 100 times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the 101st blow, it will split in two and I know it was not that blow that did it. But all that had gone before." - Jacob Riis
Old 04-26-06, 12:58 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Every year this happens, first it was Nuggets last year, Sonics next, Suns next and Pistons fans even to an extent, every series now when we play people hate Manu and bad mouth him to the fullest..... I guess next series it will happen as well, he will be a flopper and a bum etc., to every team we play.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 04-26-06, 01:10 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:

YMIC,.. isn't Manu Hispanic?

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/LiverpoolSpursSig.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-26-06, 01:12 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:

I read that yesterday, and I had to refrain myself for fear of being me who ended up banned instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Real
It's a message board. We've seen some pretty bad comments about black players in here. You come to expect that on a public forum. Just proves that there are ignorant people everywhere.
I have a hard time believing that a hypothetical scenario such as that described by YoMamaIsCallin would elicit the same rationalization.
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnificent
I admit to having picked on you for fun these last few days, but regardless of how much I may disagree with your opinions, you do come across as a decent, likable guy. Just telling you so that you don't take the trash-talking too bad, alright?
fleetwood macbull (from a Bulls' board), on Andrés "Chapu" Nocioni: "Noc is like that guy from Monty Python. They can cut off his arms, his hands, his feet, then his legs, but he still comes rolling his torso at you like he's going to destroy you"
Old 04-26-06, 01:21 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg06
I have a hard time believing that a hypothetical scenario such as that described by YoMamaIsCallin would elicit the same rationalization.
What am i rationalizin'? I was agreein' with the point and stated that it happens on here too. Hence my comment: "Just proves there are ignorant people everywhere."

What are you talkin' about?
Old 04-26-06, 01:25 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Real
What am i rationalizin'? I was agreein' with the point and stated that it happens on here too. Hence my comment: "Just proves there are ignorant people everywhere."
That it's to be expected because it's a message board. Ignorance is no excuse to let anything go by.
fleetwood macbull (from a Bulls' board), on Andrés "Chapu" Nocioni: "Noc is like that guy from Monty Python. They can cut off his arms, his hands, his feet, then his legs, but he still comes rolling his torso at you like he's going to destroy you"
Old 04-26-06, 01:27 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alper
He is consider white in Argentina, we don't have different racial categories for people here.
Old 04-26-06, 01:33 PM
Delusional Manu Lover

The reason why I originally started this thread was not to poing out people hatin Manu's game, but to point out people who use bigotry as a reason to hate him. Sheer ignorance running rampant.

Old 04-26-06, 01:45 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
The reason why I originally started this thread was not to poing out people hatin Manu's game, but to point out people who use bigotry as a reason to hate him. Sheer ignorance running rampant.
Bigotry is ignorance. PERIOD.
Old 04-26-06, 01:49 PM
SpursReport 2010 And 2014 Pick The Winner Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnington
He is consider white in Argentina, we don't have different racial categories for people here.
In Argentina we hardly distinguish "the white" as hispanic, saxon, etc.
In Argentina there´s not a big race proble, but most of a class problem, Since there are few minorities in race, and a lot of different socio economical stages. (Pardon my english if I couldn´t quite explain it clearly)
Old 04-26-06, 02:09 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Ya know after reading that Kingsfan thread, I couldn't help but feel for them. Many of their posts reminded me of what we Spurs fans used to say before the Spurs started winning titles. All the years of frustration, anger, and sometimes embarassment of watching the Spurs go down, year after year, came back. Thank God, it all seems so distant ago.
Old 04-26-06, 02:13 PM
Delusional Manu Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickV
Ya know after reading that Kingsfan thread, I couldn't help but feel for them. Many of their posts reminded me of what we Spurs fans used to say before the Spurs started winning titles. All the years of frustration, anger, and sometimes embarassment of watching the Spurs go down, year after year, came back. Thank God, it all seems so distant ago.
If....way back in the day....the Spurs posts looked anything like what I saw today......I would not have joined the forum. It would be pointless. Nothing would be based on skill, but rather skin color. I can get that on the street.

Old 04-26-06, 02:16 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
yeah, I suppose so. I was really talking skin color vs. ethnic origin I guess. I mean there are very light skinned hispanics (like Manu) and very dark ones too.

Reminds me of the news story a while back about some South African white kid who entered his American school's Afro-American Pride Day contest for "Afro-American Student of the Year", and was kicked out of the contest for being white.
Old 04-26-06, 02:24 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
If....way back in the day....the Spurs posts looked anything like what I saw today......I would not have joined the forum. It would be pointless. Nothing would be based on skill, but rather skin color. I can get that on the street.
We must have been reading different forums, DarkHorse. I don't think I read anything racially laced at Kingsfan.com. However Kingstalk.com is a freaking Nazi/KKK/ethnic cleansing site. Sheer disgust reading their tripe.
Old 04-26-06, 02:28 PM
Delusional Manu Lover

Quote:
We must have been reading different forums, DarkHorse. I don't think I read anything racially laced at Kingsfan.com. However Kingstalk.com is a freaking Nazi/KKK/ethnic cleansing site. Sheer disgust reading their tripe.
It was Kingstalk.com that I read the stuff about Manu.

Old 04-26-06, 02:41 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Again: "Hispanic" ISN’T ANY RACE AT ALL.

As far as the generally sickening idea of “human race” has any meaning, it is related to any genetic feature. Being born o still being a citizen of a Spanish-speaker country doesn’t give any human being any genetic character, right?

That isn’t a matter of different (Argentinian or American) interpretation on the issue. Despite of the policies and the weird categories employed by the Department of State, and even against the official education in the USA and some Latin-American countries.
Old 04-26-06, 02:48 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAA
Again: "Hispanic" ISN’T ANY RACE AT ALL.
True Dat. I would categorize Hispanic, if I had to categorize it at all, as a Culture or heritage, not a race.
Old 04-26-06, 03:20 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
They probably said the same stuff about Artest until he was traded to their team. If Manu were a King, they would be exalting him. That is the way fans are. Didn't we hate Shaq and Kobe? Maybe not to that level, but we are talking about guys that are emotional after a tough loss and they are expressing it on their keyboards. If they had to think this thing out in a public setting, I'm sure they wouldn't say the same things.
Didn't we??? I still do!!!
Old 04-26-06, 03:24 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
*Yawn* The rants of a bigoted, pinheaded, simple minded, excuse making, jealous, imbecile don't interest me much.
How can you talk about Mags like that?
Old 04-26-06, 03:26 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I think this is less about race and more about hating a basketball player that just stuck it to your team. They have a guy named Francisco Garcia on their team, so I don't think this is about hispanics.
Old 04-26-06, 03:26 PM
Delusional Manu Lover

Quote:
It is possible to be emotional, but not resort to downing someone because of their race.

Old 04-26-06, 03:31 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
It is possible to be emotional, but not resort to downing someone because of their race.
definitely, however a lot of people aren't classy enough to realize that. I think in this case people are just using race to cover up the real reason they don't like Manu-- he's a talented ball player who doesn't play for their team.

some people are just lame...