News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-06, 12:44 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Welcome To The Official Pick the Winners Game PLAYOFF EDITION.

Standings through April 17 (Official "Pick The Winners" Game [Current Stats])

More information will be added as the final day of regular season games wrap up.

The top *8* seeds in the category of (Most correct picks/Total Picks) Will be considered The Western Conference.

The Top *8* seeds in the category of (Highest percentages of Correct Picks) Will be considered The Eastern Conference.

If you are in the Top *8* in the Western Conference as well as in the Eastern Conference.
Then you will be placed in the Western Conference and the next best player in the Eastern Conference will take your spot in the East.

If you are in the Top *8* in either category, You will receive a PM Invitation to Play.
Please decline the invitation if you feel you cannot Pick the games all the way through the end of the playoffs. When people accept to play but then stop picking, you are wasting our time PLUS You are then taking away a spot from someone who really wanted to play. If you do this you will be banned from the Game Permanently

The top *8* will be seeded in current Nba Playoff Format

Each player will pick the team who they think will win the game plus pick by how many points (for use in tiebreakers) At the end of the First Round, the player with more correct picks will win and eliminate the other player and move on to the second round.

For example:
1 (Cloud786) vs
8 (Panno)

Cloud786 total correct picks in the first round: 16
Panno total correct picks in the first round: 14

Cloud786 wins and will face the winner of the 3 vs 6 seed.
(just an example Panno . Think nothing of it )

Last edited by spurs000001; 04-19-06 at 01:11 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-19-06, 12:54 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

w00t, go cloud!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-19-06, 01:02 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

good job bro, it's hella hard to get the#1 seed, especially in the West
Old 04-19-06, 01:02 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Shouldn't it be

?

"We would have two less championships here if it wasn't for Manu Ginobili," Popovich said. "In my book, Manu Ginobili is the stud of the world."
Old 04-19-06, 01:10 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapsuhdee
Shouldn't it be

?
thank you
Old 04-19-06, 10:15 AM
SpursReport Rookie

lol go CLOUD!!!
and go me in the EAST!!!
Old 04-19-06, 11:58 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Just a thing about playoffs... As some of us from last year's edition of the game will remember, we had a system in case of the same record. Beside the picks, we also posted a point difference (for example: Spurs - Lakers; Spurs by 10) so in case of the same record, person with smallest cumulative difference was the winner.

I think for this year the same or similar thing should be established in advance so that there would be no misunderstandings.
Old 04-20-06, 04:44 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by crospur
Just a thing about playoffs... As some of us from last year's edition of the game will remember, we had a system in case of the same record. Beside the picks, we also posted a point difference (for example: Spurs - Lakers; Spurs by 10) so in case of the same record, person with smallest cumulative difference was the winner.

I think for this year the same or similar thing should be established in advance so that there would be no misunderstandings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Spurs 2006
Standings through April 17 (Official "Pick The Winners" Game [Current Stats])

More information will be added as the final day of regular season games wrap up.

The top *8* seeds in the category of (Most correct picks/Total Picks) Will be considered The Western Conference.

The Top *8* seeds in the category of (Highest percentages of Correct Picks) Will be considered The Eastern Conference.

If you are in the Top *8* in the Western Conference as well as in the Eastern Conference.
Then you will be placed in the Western Conference and the next best player in the Eastern Conference will take your spot in the East.

If you are in the Top *8* in either category, You will receive a PM Invitation to Play.
Please decline the invitation if you feel you cannot Pick the games all the way through the end of the playoffs. When people accept to play but then stop picking, you are wasting our time PLUS You are then taking away a spot from someone who really wanted to play. If you do this you will be banned from the Game Permanently

The top *8* will be seeded in current Nba Playoff Format

Each player will pick the team who they think will win the game plus pick by how many points (for use in tiebreakers) At the end of the First Round, the player with more correct picks will win and eliminate the other player and move on to the second round.

For example:
1 (Cloud786) vs
8 (Panno)

Cloud786 total correct picks in the first round: 16
Panno total correct picks in the first round: 14

Cloud786 wins and will face the winner of the 3 vs 6 seed.
(just an example Panno . Think nothing of it )
Is that what ur talking about ?
Old 04-20-06, 09:18 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I didn't played last year, I am a little confused about how this will work.

Thank you
Old 04-20-06, 09:40 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnington
I didn't played last year, I am a little confused about how this will work.

Thank you
me too...
Old 04-20-06, 11:30 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Is that what ur talking about ?
Yes, I missed that...
Old 04-20-06, 11:53 AM
SpursReport Team Member

So do we pick all playoff games or just the games in whichever conference we are in?

"We would have two less championships here if it wasn't for Manu Ginobili," Popovich said. "In my book, Manu Ginobili is the stud of the world."
Old 04-20-06, 12:21 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I can't pick on weekends. I usually send my picks to pjm by PM.
Please, confirm i still can do it. 2nd in West must participe
Old 04-20-06, 12:45 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapsuhdee
So do we pick all playoff games or just the games in whichever conference we are in?
All games.
Old 04-20-06, 04:02 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

you pick all games. If you have any specific questions, pm me.

it's just like regular season except your picking against another seed. Then you go on to the quarter finals, then semi finals, then finals. just like a team in the nba. It all sounds complicated, but it's really not. There will be a thread for each playoff day, and in that thread, you and your opponent will post who you think will win and by how many. If you cannot pick but can send your picks in advance for say a weekend or so, that's fine. pm me and pjm a copy of them.
Old 04-20-06, 05:02 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
you pick all games. If you have any specific questions, pm me.

it's just like regular season except your picking against another seed. Then you go on to the quarter finals, then semi finals, then finals. just like a team in the nba. It all sounds complicated, but it's really not. There will be a thread for each playoff day, and in that thread, you and your opponent will post who you think will win and by how many. If you cannot pick but can send your picks in advance for say a weekend or so, that's fine. pm me and pjm a copy of them.
Thanks Chief. Will you post the brackets?
Old 04-21-06, 02:12 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnington
Thanks Chief. Will you post the brackets?
yes working on it