News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 04-11-06, 07:39 PM
SpursReport Team Member

For a greatful fan...

I've been a fan since the Dallas Chapparals were moved to San Antonio to become the Spurs. On occassion, talk about moving the Spurs were loud as well as the grumblings of getting rid of this player or that coach by a mob assembled in front of the Spurs office. Too many times have I seen the Spurs fizzle out in the first round in their many attempts to make it to the Finals. I was much too greatful for the Championship that was won in 1999 irregardless of the asterick, and humbled thereafter for the other two in 2003 and 2005. For those of you who remember, it was a long and winding road that had to be loathed. Never before until the arrival of Tim Duncan had I dreamed that San Antonio would win the big one much less three. I'm not one to say nor will ever say we are hurting or look ragged, but our Spurs are "Warriors". They've been here before and know exactly what it takes in how to win the big one. If your not sure or have the inkling of doubts, that's your problem. This house known as the "Spurs franchise" has put us smack in the middle of the map during a time no one gave a spit about who we were and what we were all about and we can thank Tim and Dave for that. They have done it with such grace and style that all others double over in disgust because our boys do it in such a way that involves no showboating or selfish zeal. I am about 1,500 miles away from San Antonio on a business trip and envy you poor b*st*rds back at home who can sit in front of the greatest team this side of the hemisphere has ever seen to enjoy a game played by a winning franchise and not cry how bad Tim looks or how Manu will be missed. If our Boys are not able to make it to the finals, so be it. This fan will be always be greatful for the memories that Tim and company have given us. I suggest you start BELIEVING because if you don't, then you know nothing about the true essence of "TEAM" basketball where you will ultimately end up torn for simply not appreciating what this team has done over the past seven years. All good things must come to an end, that's a fact! Let's get behind our team and wish them the best of luck, after all, you could be living the years I lived through where I saw nothing but early exits year after year. Go Spurs Go!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-11-06, 11:51 PM
SR's Resident Laker Hater

Well said....lest we forget.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-11-06, 11:59 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Great post

....now learn how to spell "grateful"
Old 04-12-06, 12:49 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Here's to a fourth title and for the Spurs to enter the legion of all time great franchises of the NBA. Not bad for a franchise that started in a smoke-filled HemisFair Arena and selling beer for a nickel on some nights.

Buckaroo Banzai
Old 04-12-06, 01:33 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckennaspur1
Great post

....now learn how to spell "grateful"

Why do some posters have to be so disrespectful?

Thank you for posting lonestr. Sometimes, I think we have become so spoiled by our team we forget that this ride is not permanent.
Old 04-12-06, 01:34 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

No disrespect intended.......a compliment followed by a request.
Old 04-12-06, 01:35 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

That is not how I read it, but sorry if I misunderstood.
Old 04-12-06, 01:36 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

No problem. Glad we cleared up any misunderstanding.
Old 04-12-06, 12:43 PM
SpursReport Team Member

For the record, I'm not concerned about those Pistons. To be honest, I don't think our Spurs are too concerned about them either.

...when the fighting is done and the field of battle has been littered with the countless bodies. Five warriors will remain standing looking at the carnage that lay before them. As they release their grip of their bloodied swords, a soul awakening clang shall ring through the deafening silence. They look at one another not as team members nor professional players, but as kinsmen who together endured much throughout the years, then slowly drudge their way in a southwesternly direction to their home by the river as Champions.
Old 04-12-06, 02:00 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

dang that post brought a tear to my eye....GO SPURS GO!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-12-06, 03:30 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I can appreciate the appreciation of the Spurs and what they've accomplished so far, but I have to say this...every season that Tim Duncan plays for the Spurs which does not end in a championship is a failure. Maybe in 10 years when this franchise is mired in mediocrity, I can look back and be greatful (yeah, I know) for what was accomplished during this incredible run. But right now, while we're in the middle of it, with the "warriors" that are on this team, and the "kinship" that exists...anything less than a championship is a disappointment. We have one of the ten best players to ever play the game on our squad, who (when healthy) is the single most important player in this league, and he is complimented with an all-star guard, who (when healthy) is one of the five most unguardable players in this league, and also complimented with an all-star point guard who is one of the fastest players with the ball in his hands, and is developing (not season-by-season, by day-by-day) into an even better player. This team should win championships...all the time. And when we don't, it was a wasted opportunity.
Old 04-12-06, 03:45 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Nice post...but please, paragraphs are your friend, makes it easier to read also.

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.
Old 04-12-06, 04:39 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestr
For the record, I'm not concerned about those Pistons. To be honest, I don't think our Spurs are too concerned about them either.

...when the fighting is done and the field of battle has been littered with the countless bodies. Five warriors will remain standing looking at the carnage that lay before them. As they release their grip of their bloodied swords, a soul awakening clang shall ring through the deafening silence. They look at one another not as team members nor professional players, but as kinsmen who together endured much throughout the years, then slowly drudge their way in a southwesternly direction to their home by the river as Champions.
I like this.
Old 04-12-06, 05:17 PM
SpursReport Rookie

For those who don't know, I am extremely busy producing shows throughout the U.S. As owner of my business, I'm not one to stay idle watching my business grow. I have to work my arse off to make it in this cut throat industry. Because I spend time traveling and working, I indulge in reading the S.R. boards to escape from my work even for a moment. So yes, my penmenship is lacking and my grammer off. But one thing is "Certain", when I'm home in San Antonio and go to a Spurs game in my sky box seating, I don't think about you guys pointing out my grammatical errors.
Old 04-12-06, 05:21 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonstr
For those who don't know, I am extremely busy producing shows throughout the U.S. As owner of my business, I'm not one to stay idle watching my business grow. I have to work my arse off to make it in this cut throat industry. Because I spend time traveling and working, I indulge in reading the S.R. boards to escape from my work even for a moment. So yes, my penmenship is lacking and my grammer off. But one thing is "Certain", when I'm home in San Antonio and go to a Spurs game in my sky box seating, I don't think about you guys pointing out my grammatical errors.

This is some weird stuff!!! What happened to my avatar? Why am I at only 12 posts.

MEDIC!!!
Old 04-12-06, 05:25 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Thank you. This is a forum, not a writing class. If you can understand the gist of what is said, IMO, I think that should be enough. Why be so nit picky?

Quote:
This is some weird stuff!!! What happened to my avatar? Why am I at only 12 posts.

MEDIC!!!
Do you have two memberships?

One says lonestr and the other says Lonstr. Both have different join dates and post numbers.

Last edited by curiousspirit; 04-12-06 at 05:28 PM.
Old 04-12-06, 05:30 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousspirit
Thank you. This is a forum, not a writing class. If you can understand the gist of what is said, IMO, I think that should be enough. Why be so nit picky?

Do you have two memberships?

One says lonestr and the other says Lonstr. Both have different join dates and post numbers. :shurg

I only have my Lonestr account. Seems that It logs me in even if I fail to include the "e".
Old 04-12-06, 06:24 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
I only have my Lonestr account. Seems that It logs me in even if I fail to include the "e".
No. The software doesn't 'guess' what you intend to type, it merely authenticates the information you provide. Both lonestr and Lonstr are completely different user accounts, with different user names (spelling and capitalization wise) and user ids, which you can check clicking on the links I provided.

My guess is, you're accessing from two separate computers, where you've created two different user accounts. Could that be it?
fleetwood macbull (from a Bulls' board), on Andrés "Chapu" Nocioni: "Noc is like that guy from Monty Python. They can cut off his arms, his hands, his feet, then his legs, but he still comes rolling his torso at you like he's going to destroy you"
Old 04-12-06, 06:32 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg06
No. The software doesn't 'guess' what you intend to type, it merely authenticates the information you provide. Both lonestr and Lonstr are completely different user accounts, with different user names (spelling and capitalization wise) and user ids, which you can check clicking on the links I provided.

My guess is, you're accessing from two separate computers, where you've created two different user accounts. Could that be it?
No. I've had this account for a few years and even after this board made a few changes everything tranferred accordingly without any glitches. With 12 posts, I don't remember creating "LONSTR" without an avatar. I will try the links, but this is freaky.
Old 04-12-06, 08:06 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

you registered Lonstr 11-21-04...by mistake or whatever I dont know

you prob set it up with the same password and accidently logged into the wrong account today by mistyping your login name. The e-mails you used to set up those accounts were from different providers but similar names on the user name before the @